5 guys we have to re-sign

malcore

tumblr_mafuxaz8ki1r9bzpho1_500.gif

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you evaluate Carr with Cutler still on the team?

Teams do that all the time. San Fran kept Alex Smith drafted Kaep.
Tennessee drafted locker kept kerry collins
Packers drafted Rodgers kept Favre

point is many teams keep their current QB's and groom future QB behind them

The first Qb we draft may not be the answer we may end up like some teams drafting a new damn QB every year until we get one in the mean time we keep a QB that can keep us competitive.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How do you evaluate Carr with Cutler still on the team?

There are pre season games and Cutler does get hurt so there is that too. Don't act like backups are incapable of seeing game time Rory

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And why do you say that? If trestman is a QB guru than any QB should do well under him including McCown. Wasn't Trestman brought in just to "fix" Cutler??

No.

And Trestman was brought in to win football games. If that's part of the fixing Cutler part of getting rid of Cutler than so be it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As a matter of fact yes. I use the most recent sample size, you know the one with the current players? Even in those other games, he was mid 80's rated, with a shitty offense surrounding him. Not every QB is Tom Brady, where you can surround them with shit and they still shine.

Even Brady isn't golden this year. Matt Ryan lost all his weapons and he isn't fairing well either.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even Brady isn't golden this year. Matt Ryan lost all his weapons and he isn't fairing well either.

That don't matter, they are both deemed better than Cutler, so no matter what they do in the future, they are better.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Teams do that all the time. San Fran kept Alex Smith drafted Kaep.
Tennessee drafted locker kept kerry collins
Packers drafted Rodgers kept Favre

point is many teams keep their current QB's and groom future QB behind them

The first Qb we draft may not be the answer we may end up like some teams drafting a new damn QB every year until we get one in the mean time we keep a QB that can keep us competitive.

There are pre season games and Cutler does get hurt so there is that too. Don't act like backups are incapable of seeing game time Rory

Were Smith and Collins making $20 million for one season? Hell, was Favre at that point?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why you think it has to be either or... IT's Cutler or high water! It doesn't have to be, I think many fans aren't sold on the giving Cutler a long term deal but I don't think releasing an above average QB for a crap shoot draft is the answer.

Because it's cap Special person to not be either or.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Then how do you know the QB you pick in the draft will do better then? What's wrong with a back up plan of keeping cutler for a good deal and drafting the future? Why be Special person and take a huge gamble and possibly end up with Sanchez? Why haven't you changed your sig yet?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE CUTLER $20 MILLION KNOWING HE'S LIKELY TO GET HURT AND MISS SIGNIFICANT TIME?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Awesome logic. So you pay $20M to Cutler and then draft a QB in the 1st round because you know that Cutler most likely will get hurt during the year, thus allowing the drafted QB to play.

Instead of $20M, the Bears should just offer Cutler $10M "cash in hand" to NOT play for them. That would make about as much sense.

I don't want cutler to be paid 20 mill a year, hell I don't want him making near 12 mill a year so take me out of that group please. Also im no cap expert but Im sure the Bears could just cut Cutler if they feel the backup is the better player going foward

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keeping Cutler and drafting a rookie seems like the safest, most reasonable move the Bears could make regarding a future QB for da Bears..It opens up the possibility of finding a great QB without the risk of losing a very good QB...No brainer IMO

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were Smith and Collins making $20 million for one season? Hell, was Favre at that point?

To spend 20 mil on the most important position for 1 season of insurance isn't that much in the grand schemes of looking at your franchise. Getting rid of Cutler and drafting bust year after year would do far more damage.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then how do you know the QB you pick in the draft will do better then? What's wrong with a back up plan of keeping cutler for a good deal and drafting the future? Why be Special person and take a huge gamble and possibly end up with Sanchez? Why haven't you changed your sig yet?

I NEVER SAID I "KNEW".

Name the good deal. So far I've seen $20 million for one season thrown around. Will Cutler take this good deal? Will he be willing to work with the younger QB?

Mark Sanchez has more Championship games appearances than Cutler. In either case Name the "deal" you give Cutler and you think he accepts. "How do you know Cutler takes it?"

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
WHY WOULD YOU GIVE CUTLER $20 MILLION KNOWING HE'S LIKELY TO GET HURT AND MISS SIGNIFICANT TIME?

I DONT WANT TO FRANCHISE JAY CUTLER! I WOULD RATHER RE-SIGN HIM TO A CAP FRIENDLY CONTRACT THAT WONT KILL THE BEARS AND DRAFT A QB TO REPLACE HIM LATER! IF CUTLER WANTS A LOT OF MONEY, POINT HIM IN JAX DIRECTION!

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To spend 20 mil on the most important position for 1 season of insurance isn't that much in the grand schemes of looking at your franchise. Getting rid of Cutler and drafting bust year after year would do far more damage.

It is if you can spend that money on other players at other positions that are available via FA on a team that is ravaged by bad drafts and a lack of depth.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I DONT WANT TO FRANCHISE JAY CUTLER! I WOULD RATHER RE-SIGN HIM TO A CAP FRIENDLY CONTRACT THAT WONT KILL THE BEARS AND DRAFT A QB TO REPLACE HIM LATER! IF CUTLER WANTS A LOT OF MONEY, POINT HIM IN JAX DIRECTION!

Name the contract. Does Cutler take the deal? Why? Is he willing to work with the younger player?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also, why the hell would I change my sig?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
REALLY?? A $20M insurance policy for one player, who is mediocre? Do you own a car worth $10,000, and have an insurance policy which you pay $20k?

I have an insurance policy that guarantees me a new car 1 year newer than the one I would have totaled..I think thats great