5 Thoughts and Observations on Dolphins-Bears

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No matter how good or bad he was in his coaching career his knowledge of the game easily trumps any fan that has never been in and around the game the way he has his whole life. I know this is hard for some to admit but it's really just common sense. Plenty of us have plenty of knowledge of the game from the outside looking in and think you've always been one of the most knowledgeable on here FirstTimer but there's no way any of us know more about the game then any of these coaches that have been in the locker rooms and on the sidelines in some way for their whole adult lives.

FWIW, I get what you are saying in a sense but I've never actually heard him articulate it on the air. If he has that knowledge, great, he may very well but Lord Almighty he's bad on the shows he's on. Its just all generic meatball platitudes. Combine that with the horrendous coaching record and I'm left wondering...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yup. Bears at Broncos. 2011

1st & 10 at CHI 40
(10:39 - OT) W.McGahee left guard to CHI 39 for 1 yard (B.Urlacher).

2nd & 9 at CHI 39
(10:07 - OT) T.Tebow scrambles up the middle to CHI 34 for 5 yards (B.Urlacher).

3rd & 4 at CHI 34
(9:23 - OT) Timeout #1 by DEN at 09:23.

3rd & 4 at CHI 34
(9:23 - OT) T.Tebow left tackle to CHI 33 for 1 yard (A.Okoye).

4th & 3 at CHI 33
(8:40 - OT) Timeout #2 by CHI at 08:40.

4th & 3 at CHI 33
(8:40 - OT) M.Prater 51 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Paxton, Holder-B.Colquitt.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol, a John Fox example. With Tebow, no less. Perfect!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A 51 yard field goal in Denver is the equivalent to a 35 yard field goal anywhere else.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The thing is I agree that they should've thrown the ball on 3rd and 4, but this narrative that it is as bad as kicking a field goal on 2nd down or whenever the fuck trestman decided.... give me a fucking break. The hyperbole....

Cody Parkey Career from 50+:
2014: 4/4
2015: 0/0
2016: 1/1
2017: 1/2

In 2018 before the kick he missed he was sitting at 1/1. This wasn't Connor Barf they were trotting out there. Get over it. To compare a run on 3rd and 4 with a subsequent field goal from Cody Parkey to what Trestman had done is absolutely outrageously blind sided.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that if they had passed on 3rd down, and there was a sack, int, or incompletion, some here would be crying "but Howard just ran off runs for 15 and 19 yards. Why pass now?"

This is CCS, and when a strategy fails, that strategy was wrong. Period.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that if they had passed on 3rd down, and there was a sack, int, or incompletion, some here would be crying "but Howard just ran off runs for 15 and 19 yards. Why pass now?"

I'm very curious why Howard asked to be taken out of the game after those two runs.

That's pretty bizarre. Was he hurt? Heart palpitations? Hadn't heard. Everyone was gassed. Howard doesn't usually ask for breaks does he? I didn't think he was the type.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes and no. I do want to see more plays out of the pocket. What I don't want is for him to take shots like Watson has where he now has cracked ribs. It's easy to tell him to always slide to avoid contact, but heat of the moment and you are right at the sticks, instinct and competitiveness can take over.

Trubs has not shown any tendency to take extra hits. In fact he slid in this game instead of diving for the first so at some point he need to let the dude play and stop being scared.

It is time to take the training wheels off and let the dude play.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Trubs has not shown any tendency to take extra hits. In fact he slid in this game instead of diving for the first so at some point he need to let the dude play and stop being scared.

Actually, I noticed that Trubisky slid a lot in the MIA game, I think he's learning his lesson and/or being taught well. There were several cases where he could have put the shoulder down for a few extra yards but he slid instead. Smart.

Prior to the MIA game, I do think he would taken some unncessary hits however.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Ya, that was an odd slide in that situation, final drive. He doesn't a delicate body frame, so he can take some contact when necessary.

Not gonna double guess Mitch's decision, he sees what's coming at him, but if it's Nagy in his head, than ya, give him some leash to take some rushing risks when it's vital.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Which is irrelevant. The only question is what has a higher chance of success even when you take into account the risk of failure. A pass or a run. It is obvious the answer is a pass which is why most teams pass on 3rd and 4.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Which is irrelevant. The only question is what has a higher chance of success even when you take into account the risk of failure. A pass or a run. It is obvious he answer is a pass which is why most teams pass on 3rd and 4.

If Nagy is making decisions based on fan reaction then he needs to stop being a snowflake. The only thing he should be doing is making calls based on the best change to win. That was no a run on 3rd down and giving it to Parkay.

It's not irrelevant, as my comment was regarding CCS, not whether a pass or run on 3rd down was a bad idea or not. Either side can be reasonably argued, something which you cannot accept.

Go away remy. You are more of a pest than an interest to me.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of the MOST encouraging moments in this game, was Trubisky recognizing the Blitz package Miami was bringing on his TD throw to Miller. He saw it, instantly recognized it, and with no brain farts, or jitters, absolutely killed it.

It not only showed that he studied well in preparation, but also showed that as he continues to gain experience in this league, he will get better and better at reading and seeing pressures, and will become automatic on where to go with the ball.

Yeah, I’m pretty high on Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not irrelevant, as my comment was regarding CCS, not whether a pass or run on 3rd down was a bad idea or not. Either side can be reasonably argued, something which you cannot accept.

Go away remy. You are more of a pest than an interest to me.

Your comment about people crying is just a means to say people are being unreasonable because they would cry no matter what. So on one hand you say either side could be reasonably argued but on the other hand you describing the criticism as people crying. If you honestly believed either side could be reasonably argued then you wouldn't be characterizing one side as crying. It is simply an ad hominem fallacy where you are criticizing the people making the argument rather than critiquing the argument directly.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Your comment about people crying is just a means to say people are being unreasonable because they would cry no matter what. So on one hand you say either side could be reasonably argued but on the other hand you describing the criticism as people crying. If you honestly believed either side could be reasonably argued then you wouldn't be characterizing one side as crying. It is simply an ad hominem fallacy where you are criticizing the people making the argument rather than critiquing the argument directly.

Huh?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
FWIW, I get what you are saying in a sense but I've never actually heard him articulate it on the air. If he has that knowledge, great, he may very well but Lord Almighty he's bad on the shows he's on. Its just all generic meatball platitudes. Combine that with the horrendous coaching record and I'm left wondering...

Hahaha he is bad on the shows he does. I will definitely agree with you on that.

Aztazzoni

Liked Posts:
It is hard to stop a quick passing team when the corners are 10 yards off the ball and backing up at the snap...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
One of the MOST encouraging moments in this game, was Trubisky recognizing the Blitz package Miami was bringing on his TD throw to Miller. He saw it, instantly recognized it, and with no brain farts, or jitters, absolutely killed it.

It not only showed that he studied well in preparation, but also showed that as he continues to gain experience in this league, he will get better and better at reading and seeing pressures, and will become automatic on where to go with the ball.

Yeah, I’m pretty high on Mitch.
Yes, Mitch was getting jittery in the 1st half, but in the second he really settled down and played well. I think it's real progress and not signs of chronic inconsistency.