53- Gervon Dexter

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
And yet, the pessimists are so often correct on the Bears…
Because not every draft pick is going to be a hit. In fact there are probably more misses than hits. There is also as likely of a chance the guys they wanted to be misses too. Leave it to the professionals

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Because not every draft pick is going to be a hit. In fact there are probably more misses than hits. There is also as likely of a chance the guys they wanted to be misses too. Leave it to the professionals
If your default as a lifelong Bears fan is to “leave it to the professionals,” I don’t know what to say.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Also the sad fact that since Lovie Smith and that era ended they've won more than half their games precisely once.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If your default as a lifelong Bears fan is to “leave it to the professionals,” I don’t know what to say.
I don’t even know how to respond to this. Again there is a reason the professionals are employed by an NFL team and someone like you is not. They are professionals in their field, doesn’t mean they have been successful. But they sure as shit know more then you or I.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don’t even know how to respond to this. Again there is a reason the professionals are employed by an NFL team and someone like you is not. They are professionals in their field, doesn’t mean they have been successful. But they sure as shit know more then you or I.
This has kind of been debunked over the years as we've seen some real dunces run NFL teams. Remember Phil Emery?

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

At about 14 minutes Greg Cosell discusses Dexter. Says his ton end plays he looks like Chris Jones but he's not consistently playing at that level.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t even know how to respond to this. Again there is a reason the professionals are employed by an NFL team and someone like you is not. They are professionals in their field, doesn’t mean they have been successful. But they sure as shit know more than you or I.
Man, if you get annoyed at fans second guessing front office decisions, you must really hate message boards and talking with fellow fans.

msadows

Liked Posts:
FYI.

He was a higher rated prospect coming out of HS than JAlen Carter. Must be why the bears were so pumped in the draft room:

1682735303693.png

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean you can find players slotted all over the draft based on what analyst is doing it. Point is, no one knows yet

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I get it somewhat. This is the forum to give your opinion about a guy. What else are we supposed to do, just cheer for every pick? But how can you really be mad with the draft? Who knows which of these guys will succeed and who won’t? The experts miss all the time. It’s such an inexact science. I can see complaining about position. Say you wanted a WR or whatever and they go defense. But being actually upset about a player like your Mel Kiper Jr? C’mon. Nobody here knows how any of these guys will turn out. The experts don’t really even know. so how can you really be that upset? Just let it play out.