72 Bodies found in North Mexico

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will do whatever puts the most money in their collective wallet... If they legalized everything then the druglords would be stripped of their power. That will never happen though...

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
By North Mexico, you mean LA right?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He meant Northern Mexico. It was south of the Texas border...

And San Diego is the city formally known as "North Mexico."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gf1348d78]YouTube - The Mexican 300[/ame]

TheStig

Liked Posts:
They will do whatever puts the most money in their collective wallet... If they legalized everything then the druglords would be stripped of their power. That will never happen though...

That is only half argument for it. If they legalized it, they could regulate it for safety and tax the hell out of it like tobacco. It would really help the economy. You also save a lot on the war on drugs and put a lot of bad people out of business and can focus on the the bad drugs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That is only half argument for it. If they legalized it, they could regulate it for safety and tax the hell out of it like tobacco. It would really help the economy. You also save a lot on the war on drugs and put a lot of bad people out of business and can focus on the the bad drugs.
That is one of the biggest assumptions I have ever heard.

How exactly, would it help the economy?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
That is one of the biggest assumptions I have ever heard.

How exactly, would it help the economy?

You'd introduce a new industry,create more farming jobs and boost retail wherever its sold. How wouldn't it boost the economy by taking something outside of it and putting it in. Not only would it provide jobs but it would provide a ton of tax revenue. Its not like people are gonna go to their friendly drug dealer over a store.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You'd introduce a new industry,create more farming jobs and boost retail wherever its sold. How wouldn't it boost the economy by taking something outside of it and putting it in. Not only would it provide jobs but it would provide a ton of tax revenue. Its not like people are gonna go to their friendly drug dealer over a store.
It's not like people who previously didn't smoke weed are now all of a sudden going to rush out and buy it just because it is legal.

And tax revenue???? Cook County raised the sales tax thinking that would bring in more revenue and you know what people did? They bought their goods and services in the collar counties.

Now, if they decriminalized the sale, distribution, and possession of weed (and other drugs) - then you take out the incentive for gangs to need territory. You also free up police officers from doing dumbass rip and runs and focus on actual community policing and solving murders.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Prope is right, there is a tremendous difference between decriminalizing it, and legalizing it.

If it's legalized, government assumes part responsibility. The tax revenue would still fund regulatory groups and enforcement. You also have tax money funding disputes in court, misuse, and trade. Big companies have a heads up to take advantage of the new sector, and they will be able to corner the market through lobby.

If it is decriminalized, the individuals are responsible for all actions and consequences. The tax money would be used to settle disputes and trade. Other than that, the market will decide who survives, and not Senator Joe Blow who has ties with someone who works at X-Canibus-Corp to spin laws in their favor.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Prope is right, there is a tremendous difference between decriminalizing it, and legalizing it.

If it's legalized, government assumes part responsibility. The tax revenue would still fund regulatory groups and enforcement. You also have tax money funding disputes in court, misuse, and trade. Big companies have a heads up to take advantage of the new sector, and they will be able to corner the market through lobby.

If it is decriminalized, the individuals are responsible for all actions and consequences. The tax money would be used to settle disputes and trade. Other than that, the market will decide who survives, and not Senator Joe Blow who has ties with someone who works at X-Canibus-Corp to spin laws in their favor.
I should mention, and lets be honest here, government sponsored weed is going to be some lame ass shit. So where would you go to get the really good stuff? Underground. Black Market. Spinning the circle right back to where we are now.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
It's not like people who previously didn't smoke weed are now all of a sudden going to rush out and buy it just because it is legal.

And tax revenue???? Cook County raised the sales tax thinking that would bring in more revenue and you know what people did? They bought their goods and services in the collar counties.

Now, if they decriminalized the sale, distribution, and possession of weed (and other drugs) - then you take out the incentive for gangs to need territory. You also free up police officers from doing dumbass rip and runs and focus on actual community policing and solving murders.

Actually I would. If it was legalized, I would have no problem with but since I am looking for a job now, I can't have any. You will also have people who don't want the hassle of buying unknown stuff from unknown people buying it. And it will take a lot of the stigma out.

Not the same, if they legalized it, they would tax the hell out of it like Tabacco. They would make a fortune. It would be very similar to cigerrates. And would not be on the small scale like county sales tax, it would be nationwide like cigarette tax.

It would cut a lot of the war on drugs out and the dea could catch the real bad stuff like meth.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I should mention, and lets be honest here, government sponsored weed is going to be some lame ass shit. So where would you go to get the really good stuff? Underground. Black Market. Spinning the circle right back to where we are now.

I would imagine it would be similar to california where you can grow anything and they are just making sure you don't lace it with anything.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Actually I would. If it was legalized, I would have no problem with but since I am looking for a job now, I can't have any. You will also have people who don't want the hassle of buying unknown stuff from unknown people buying it. And it will take a lot of the stigma out.

Not the same, if they legalized it, they would tax the hell out of it like Tabacco. They would make a fortune. It would be very similar to cigerrates. And would not be on the small scale like county sales tax, it would be nationwide like cigarette tax.

It would cut a lot of the war on drugs out and the dea could catch the real bad stuff like meth.
I think you are grossly over estimating the amount of revenue you would actually see from it.

EDIT: And it's great that you would begin purchasing weed, but that doesn't mean everybody else would. Also, let's say (and it's been awhile for me) a typical dime bag is $15. Why would people be willing to get the same amount, but now for $22.50?

Last edited:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think you are grossly over estimating the amount of revenue you would actually see from it.

EDIT: And it's great that you would begin purchasing weed, but that doesn't mean everybody else would. Also, let's say (and it's been awhile for me) a typical dime bag is $15. Why would people be willing to get the same amount, but now for $22.50?

i typical dime bad is $10 thats why its called a dime bag. plus who the hell buys dime bags.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Like all of the additives in cigarettes that we don't even know about? The more involved the government is, the more access to that power the businesses have. A government does not make money when a drug is legalized, it spends money.

That's a misconception as well. The DEA will say they can cut down, but they have never cut down the use of any substance. The true harm/benefit of any substance will always outweigh what any government agency reports, therefore if there is a will, there is a way. The DEA is also has leaders who take a cut from drug traffickers. Corruption exists regardless. Drug production and use exists regardless. At least if it were decriminalized, then the entire industry could generate tax revenue.

When it comes to substances or any lawmaking in general, people need to think for their own actions, and not this BS one-size-fits-all government. The kids have brains and parents, and the dumb just get dumber because of it.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

I'd imagine it would bring in a good amount. Alcohol and Cigarettes don't lose the government money. You are also assuming it will be more. Illegality of the product drives up the price a lot. Do you think a cuban cigar would cost as much if you could just buy it at any old cigar shop?