A CNM letter To Tom Ricketts

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A CNM letter to Tom Ricketts

I'm not here proclaiming Byrd is an all-star, MVP candidate on a 100 win team. I'm saying he's a solid role player who preforms the 5 tools of baseball well enough, and shouldn't be depended on to carry a team.

He's Matt Murton with less discipline basically.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's Matt Murton with less discipline basically.

He is a better defender and plays a harder defensive position than Matt Murton, and while we can debate whether or not Murton got a real chance in the majors, Byrd has been a better offensive player than Murton.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just out of curiosity, what's the Cubs' Pythag win% so far? Just wondering if they've underperformed or overperformed their Pythag.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most the year they've been right at their Pyth. Right now they are 1 up on their Pythagorean record.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I just Googled it :lol:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He is a better defender and plays a harder defensive position than Matt Murton, and while we can debate whether or not Murton got a real chance in the majors, Byrd has been a better offensive player than Murton.

Murton was a bit better offensively for their careers and well defensively I think it's closer than you may think. I think Murton would have been adequate in cf. I think they are very comparable overall.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went to Baseball Prospectus to look at their 1st, 2nd and 3rd order winning percentage and each level of analysis paints a worse and worse picture. The 3rd order winning percentage is .391. And the Cubs are one of 8 teams right now that have a 0% chance of making the playoffs right now and their sim season record for the Cubs was 69 wins.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went to Baseball Prospectus to look at their 1st, 2nd and 3rd order winning percentage and each level of analysis paints a worse and worse picture. The 3rd order winning percentage is .391. And the Cubs are one of 8 teams right now that have a 0% chance of making the playoffs right now and their sim season record for the Cubs was 69 wins.

I like that they didn't even bother to show any significant figures for that 0% :lol:

Hopefully 69 wins is enough for a top 5 pick.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

c'mon co you are better than this.

You know damn well that doesn't net us 20 wins.

Even vintage Pedro doesn't net us 20 wins. Five to seven wins is much more realistic.

I see you are new to this sarcasm thing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see you are new to this sarcasm thing.

:rolleyes:

No, you are......
backpedaling34.jpg