[A] Duncan Keith Suspended One Game For Slash On Jeff Carter

Ton

Liked Posts:
<strong class='bbc'>Duncan Keith[/b] will serve a one game suspension for his slash against <strong class='bbc'>Jeff Carter[/b] in Game 3, meaning <strong class='bbc'>Sheldon Brookbank[/b] will suit up in Game 4 vs. the Los Angeles Kings.

Keith admitted to "intentionally swinging his stick on Carter as Carter is skating away from him" says Brendan Shanahan, the Director of Player Safety.

Obviously, this was a key factor in issuing the suspension, along with Keith's prior history of suspensions, and the fact that Carter received 20 stitches. Shanahan also acknowledged the fact that Keith's actions were in retaliation to Carter's slash to Keith's exposed hand, and that Keith did not intend on hitting Carter in the face, nor did he intend to do it with such force. Regardless, Shanahan clearly thought Keith's actions were not justified and still issued the suspension with these thoughts in mind.

Keith was issued a four minute penalty on the play, which was the correct call. Incidents like this happen every game, but unfortunately for Keith, he happened to catch Carter in the face. Carter was not penalized for his slash on Keith's hand.

Although I'm not surprised with the suspension, nor upset, I think that it was pretty clear that the issue was resolved during the game and no further disciplinary action was necessary. With that said, a one game suspension is appropriate considering the action that Keith took, but considering the way that the NHL has punished players in the past (Shea Weber), I was thinking that Shanahan would lean towards a fine rather than a suspension. With that in mind, I came to the conclusion that Duncan Keith was suspended, instead of fined, more-so for his prior history than the action/result on the ice.

After speaking to the media this morning, Carter didn't seem very interested in discussing whether or not Keith deserves a suspension or not.

"It is was it is, it's over and it's done with. I'm not too worried about the incident." When he was asked about a possible suspension he responded with "It's up to Brendan, whatever he thinks is right."

<strong class='bbc'>Sheldon Brookbank[/b] appeared in 26 games this season, all in the regular-season, contributing one goal, 21 PIMs, and a minus-2 rating. This will be his first postseason appearance in 2013. The last time Brookbank appeared in the NHL Playoffs was in 2011. He appeared in four games for the Ducks and did not contribute any points and was a minus-2.

Click here to view the article

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't argue this one... but where's carter's suspension?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">nope..this suspension is riddled with hypocrisy from the fans, media and the league. I have heard the same people who are applauding this suspension also say that players should be able to resolve matters themselves when they can in reasonable manners without league involvement. That was done.</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Everyones full of shit..its official now.</p>
<div> </div>
<div>had to post it in the right forum.</div>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
You shouldn't be shocked TCD</p>

</p>

It's what everyone wants</p>

</p>

They want everything reviewed/suspend more people</p>

</p>

Get rid of violence/fighting</p>

</p>

Wear visors</p>

</p>

No touch icing</p>

</p>

And then what?....It wont end there...I promise.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199086" data-time="1370475429">
<div>

You shouldn't be shocked TCD</p>

</p>

It's what everyone wants</p>

</p>

They want everything reviewed/suspend more people</p>

</p>

Get rid of violence/fighting</p>

</p>

Wear visors</p>

</p>

No touch icing</p>

</p>

And then what?....It wont end there...I promise.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

We should get rid of Hossa's terrible cap hit in the contract he won't even play half of too... how do you think his underpaid teammates feel?</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
What is with people and the total fucking nonsense being posted lately? Can we stay on topic and stop making dumb ass posts? This is starting to feel like the o-boards...</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I especially liked Shanahan explaining that Keith and Carter were "engaged" during the play....that included Keith losing his stick, elbowed to the head, slashed in the back....then slashed in a gloveless hand - that was dangerous.  And all that went unpenalized by - WALKOM...right next to the entire play</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
a game is fair. He did hit a guy in the head with his stick he did mean to slash the guy just had bad aim. So yeah a game is fair.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And he got a 4min penalty.  And the player was right back in the game after getting stitched up...missed 5-6min of game time</p>

</p>

Penalty served</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199086" data-time="1370475429">
<div>
y9OQY3D.gif
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It'll be okay kid, it'll be okay.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Who's crying?</p>

</p>

You piss your pants every time you see something your poor little eyes don;t understand...</p>

</p>

Big meanie Sharp pushing Williams</p>

</p>

Time for your tampon change sweetie</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="199092" data-time="1370475822">
<div>

What is with people and the total fucking nonsense being posted lately? Can we stay on topic and stop making dumb ass posts? This is starting to feel like the o-boards...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If every thread can be about how bad Q sucks and how evil the organization is, why can't every thread be about everything else?</p>

blkhwkgal

Liked Posts:
Maybe Walkum should be suspended too for missing the call on Carter.</p>

Second offense.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="199107" data-time="1370477217">
<div>

If every thread can be about how bad Q sucks and how evil the organization is, why can't every thread be about everything else?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

How about every thread just talk about how much of a douche you are? :D</p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="199102" data-time="1370476899">
<div>

This ruling is criminal</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I think the ruling is fair and just. 20 stitches and a broken tooth.</p>

</p>

The only things that are criminal are that Walkom is still ref in post season play and the call he did not make on Carter initially. Then again, maybe that is what you meant about the ruling being criminal.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again the retaliatory action gets the suspension instead of the action that caused it. Meh. Keith will be missed, hopefully the rest of the team will raise their game.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Marchand just got highsticked by Neal.</p>

</p>

suspension? </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Why call penalties on the ice anymore...if a player is going to get suspended, let that be the penalty

I don't see why penalize a team twice for one action

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="IceHogsFan" data-cid="199168" data-time="1370486801">
<div>

I think the ruling is fair and just. 20 stitches and a broken tooth.</p>

</p>

The only things that are criminal are that Walkom is still ref in post season play and the call he did not make on Carter initially. Then again, maybe that is what you meant about the ruling being criminal.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

and that once again brings up the question... had Carter not been damaged would it have been a suspension? Broken teeth and stitches are part of the game and always have been. Not missing teeth is actually a no no in hockey. ;)</p>