[A] Duncan Keith Suspended One Game For Slash On Jeff Carter

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask.. the ice looked like absolute shit to me in game three, I gotta imagine it has something to do with the hotter weather there or something, but at the end of the day they should all be able to chill it to the same degree, does LA have a reputation for bad ice? The guys seemed to be falling all over themselves and the puck bouncing everywhere.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="199290" data-time="1370544731">
<div>

You guys are high, but that's my opinion.  Keith is very good in our zone, save the number of times this post season that he and every other Hawk on the ice got caught watching the play unfold around them.  At the other end of the ice he has left a LOT to be desired.  I lost count a long time ago how many pucks bounced around, over, under, and past him while he was holding down the blue line, patiently waiting for said puck with little to no pressure.  I shutter to think about all the lost opportunities because he had to chase the puck down and restart the rush into the opposing O-zone.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

How am I High?   I think Crawford has been this teams best player through out the Playoffs.  Look at his GA and SV%.  That's all I said.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="199280" data-time="1370543930">
<div>

Is there any reason to believe that Walkom has it out for us?  That's an honest question.  I figured you might know since you actually see him every now and again.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

No, I don't buy any conspiracy theory, I just think he's not very good at his job.  And not held accountable.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="199287" data-time="1370544321">
<div>

Still pissed about Jack's Seabrook post?</p>

:romance-kisscheek:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Nope, just milking it!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="199284" data-time="1370544234">
<div>

RK probably had too strong words for Walkom and now he's taking it out on the Hawks. It's all RK's fault.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I'm fucking married, it's ALWAYS my FAULT!  </p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199322" data-time="1370550440">
<div>

No, I don't buy any conspiracy theory, I just think he's not very good at his job.  And not held accountable.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Is there an official you think is good?</p>

Be honest.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="199325" data-time="1370550871">
<div>

Is there an official you think is good?</p>

Be honest.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I think they are all good at times.  Both games in Chicago I thought were very well officiated.  I get that at times they are going to miss things, it's part of being human.</p>

</p>

Kozari while having his moments is not that bad.</p>

Laru while having his moments is not that bad.</p>

</p>

The inconsistency is what kills me, and the fact the NHL clearly turns a blind eye to it. </p>

</p>

Take the play on Keith, for example.  Which was Furlatt and not Walkom (furlatt did GM #2 in Chicago with Jovanette) there were THREE clear calls on that play.  The glaring one the two handed slash to Duncans back BEFORE they headed up ice, that were not called.</p>

</p>

Sorry but to me, all over the NHL, it's inexcusable.</p>

R K

And because I probably know more than I should I know there was clear animosity between Walkom and the other NHL officials when he was promoted, then demoted, and clearly moved above other Officials in seniority, when he was put back as an Official.  I will not say how I know this, but it's fact.</p>

R K

There is a "senior" adviser at every playoff game.  Weather it's MCgoo, Koharski, or who'm ever those guys were ALWAYS bias when they did games.  How they are the "Senior NHL Advisors" is another glaring issue IMO.  McGoo for sure many many times, regardless of team, put his hand print on many games, instead of doing his job and allowing the game to be played out.</p>

</p>

Fraser is probably better now, that he analyzes officiating than he ever was on the ice as an Official.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="199319" data-time="1370549980">
<div>

That brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask.. the ice looked like absolute shit to me in game three, I gotta imagine it has something to do with the hotter weather there or something, but at the end of the day they should all be able to chill it to the same degree, does LA have a reputation for bad ice? The guys seemed to be falling all over themselves and the puck bouncing everywhere.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Opposite, they commented that it was colder at ice level. The temps and humidity are actually more stable in downtown LA right now compared to Chicago which has been all over the map.  If the ice is bad it is chippy or flaky but not prone to a lot of ruts like soft, warm, humid rinks.  Colder surfaces tend to generate a lot of snow over the course of a period and that can slow down pucks.  But soft, wet ice gives way to bouncing pucks because the rubber in the puck gets warm and active making it like a super ball.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199321" data-time="1370550405">
<div>

How am I High?   I think Crawford has been this teams best player through out the Playoffs.  Look at his GA and SV%.  That's all I said.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I agree about Crawford.  I was talking about the favorable comments toward Keith.  I don't hate him or think he sucks, but I do think he is very over rated.  He is not the messiah.  He is a very very very fast skater.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I think keiths greatest contribution to the game and this world is being over-looked. His pecs.</p>

</p>

Them pecs inspire and intimidate. They really should be banned.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="199336" data-time="1370553934">
<div>

I agree about Crawford.  I was talking about the favorable comments toward Keith.  I don't hate him or think he sucks, but I do think he is very over rated.  He is not the messiah.  He is a very very very fast skater.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Wasn't me pumpin the Keith tires other than I do think he's ahead of Seabrook as the #1 D on this team.  Although I like some of Seabs aspects much better than Keith.  Together they are the best D pair in the league IMO.  Now that Weber/Suter no longer exist.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199326" data-time="1370551280">
<div>

I think they are all good at times.  Both games in Chicago I thought were very well officiated.  I get that at times they are going to miss things, it's part of being human.</p>

</p>

Kozari while having his moments is not that bad.</p>

Laru while having his moments is not that bad.</p>

</p>

The inconsistency is what kills me, and the fact the NHL clearly turns a blind eye to it. </p>

</p>

Take the play on Keith, for example.  Which was Furlatt and not Walkom (furlatt did GM #2 in Chicago with Jovanette) there were THREE clear calls on that play.  The glaring one the two handed slash to Duncans back BEFORE they headed up ice, that were not called.</p>

</p>

Sorry but to me, all over the NHL, it's inexcusable.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I agree with RK on Kozari, and not just because he is a friend. He usually calls next to nothing and lets the boys  play.</p>

Every once in awhile he has a brain cramp. He is Canadian for goodness sake.</p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And now onto tonight's Game 4...................</p>

R K

it's that way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~></p>

</p>

Door is never locked....</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They should simply go back to - </p>

</p>

Draw blood on a high stick - 5min major and kicked out of game.  Accidental or not</p>

</p>

No need to leave it to ref discretion...no need for suspensions "sometimes"..and not others.</p>

</p>

If it happens in last 5 min...then it can be reviewed for a max 1gm suspension</p>

R K

I hated that in the AHL though.  Always such a arbitrary call.  Cost the Ice Hogs a chance at the Calder Cup a few years back, which no way was it intentional.  </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I think it's better than leaving it in the hands of Shanahan...to suspend some...not others...</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199363" data-time="1370566597">
<div>

I hated that in the AHL though.  Always such a arbitrary call.  Cost the Ice Hogs a chance at the Calder Cup a few years back, which no way was it intentional.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I hated it when it was in the NHL too</p>