[A] Duncan Keith Suspended One Game For Slash On Jeff Carter

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="IceHogsFan" data-cid="199168" data-time="1370486801">
<div>

I think the ruling is fair and just. 20 stitches and a broken tooth.</p>

</p>

The only things that are criminal are that Walkom is still ref in post season play and the call he did not make on Carter initially. Then again, maybe that is what you meant about the ruling being criminal.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

So 40 stitches and 2 teeth would have got 2 games?</p>

or maybe 10 stitches and 1/2 a tooth gets you the 1st period?</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I don't understand at what point don't they call Waka Waka Walkom in the office and ask him - </p>

</p>

There were 3 Carter infractions on the play - the elbow to the face, the slash to the back, then the slash to the gloveless hand - why weren't any of those penalties called?</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<span style="color:#ee82ee;">Maybe Bettman will step in and void the suspension</span></p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199180" data-time="1370490602">
<div>

I don't understand at what point don't they call Waka Waka Walkom in the office and ask him - </p>

</p>

There were 3 Carter infractions on the play - the elbow to the face, the slash to the back, then the slash to the gloveless hand - why weren't any of those penalties called?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Because the NHL is responsible for protecting their officials and defending them even if they know they are doing a horrible job. If I'm a member of the NHLPAs head office Im pressing this shit in the offseason yet again until the fans and players get real answers and not glossed over mumbo jumbo.</p>

</p>

Hey on the bright side. Duncs gets a days rest?</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="199197" data-time="1370497182">
<div>

Because the NHL is responsible for protecting their officials and defending them even if they know they are doing a horrible job. If I'm a member of the NHLPAs head office Im pressing this shit in the offseason yet again until the fans and players get real answers and not glossed over mumbo jumbo.</p>

</p>

Hey on the bright side. Duncs gets a days rest?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

.....and the PP gets a new player on the point.</p>

</p>

The sun is always shining somewhere.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199180" data-time="1370490602">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Because Walkom is on the payroll of NBC; not the NHL. It's common knowledge in 7 game playoff series the network needs at least 5 games to break even. Game's 6 and 7 are pure gravy to a network.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="199212" data-time="1370525293">
<div>

Because Walkom is on the payroll of NBC; not the NHL. It's common knowledge in 7 game playoff series the network needs at least 5 games to break even. Game's 6 and 7 are pure gravy to a network.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

<span style="font-size:48px;">BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <span style="font-size:14px;">SOME ONE FINALLY WOKE UP AND REALIZED WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING, WE CAN SIT HERE AND CRY ABOUT THIS ALL WE WANT BUT WHEN IT COMES TO RATINGS AND $$$$$$$$$ THEY WILL DO WHAT EVER THEY CAN TO EXTEND IT WITH OUT MAKING IT LOOK CROOKED TO THE AVERAGE FAN. In a fair world, Carter should have also gotten a penality and a suspension but that would mean Carter and possibly RIchards out....So that would mean Hawks most likely rap it up in 4-5 depending how game three was called. My question that no one seems to know is, If the NHL is all about protecting the player? why was Carter not suspened when he took chops on Keith open wrist and the elbow mentioned. If refs look for retailtions, that would me they are not looking to protect the player.  $$$$$, and ratings people.</span></span></p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AND THE CIA HELPED!!! THEY KNEW ABOUT IT THE WHOLE TIME!!</p>

</p>

Elvis didnt do no drugs...</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I don't think Carter should have been suspended.</p>

</p>

But a penalty - or coincidentals should have been called ahead of time.  Isn't that what Walkom did in the Quincy/Saad incident?  Taking them both?</p>

</p>

In the Quincy incident...he should have put his arm up when he was accosting Saad.  Saad wouldn't have had to try pushing him off after the body slam.  Walkom waited way too long for the players to police themselves - and had a major factor in the game.</p>

</p>

This time...he let several incidents go - with not calling anything...Keith handles it himself and once again..major factor in the game.</p>

</p>

Same with Torres launching himself into Hossa vs PHX. No call on that play either.  Bollig/Hawks go after Torres - and result in a PP for Phx, Hawks lose Hossa - again...major factor in the game.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They have the ability of replay in sports to get things right and yet the culture of always punish the second guy only still persists. I'm not saying they really got it wrong here, but there should be one ref in the booth at all times reviewing everything constantly so that by the time the on ice ref goes over to ask for a replay they already have an answer and nothing is slowed down. Two separate thoughts there as one thing can't really lead to the other. I don't think the NHL would ever allow a booth ref to correct on-ice calls.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I don't think a replay was necessary for his judgement for what was happening right in front of his face in these incidents.</p>

</p>

If his opinion was "nothing was happening" with Carter doing that...I don't understand what Saad did vs Quincy.  A replay wouldn't have changed that play, because he blew a whistle</p>

</p>

I don't think it's Walkom vs the Hawks type controversy ....more so that this guy, much like Sharp, doesn't have a clue at this time</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't think it applies to the Sharp/Carter thing, but throughout the playoffs it has happened a lot. Especially against Toews, hah. Rosi gets stick across back of neck, Toews gets glove to face, Toews goes to box... at this point it would almost be better to make the refs sit in the booth and only have guys on the ice to break up the players when they get together.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="199178" data-time="1370489868">
<div>

So 40 stitches and 2 teeth would have got 2 games?</p>

or maybe 10 stitches and 1/2 a tooth gets you the 1st period?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

How about they address the fucking official who didn't do his fucking job in the first place, which directly led to the fucking play they are reviewing.  The NHL and it's Officials are more of a joke now than they ever have been.</p>

</p>

If anyone really knows the true story behind Walkom, and the feelings from most other officials regarding him, it's quite clear there is ZERO integrity involved with the Officiating as a whole.</p>

</p>

If one got a game, they BOTH deserved a fucking game.</p>

</p>

15 years ago Carter would have lost teeth, not from a high stick, but from someone completely kicking the shit out of his face.</p>

</p>

This league as a whole is becoming one giant fucking embarrassment!</p>

</p>

Why, because of those dumb asses, like here, that run around whining about the brutality.  or trolling, which ever it is.  yes we all know what I'm talking about.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199227" data-time="1370532281">
<div>

I don't think Carter should have been suspended.</p>

</p>

But a penalty - or coincidentals should have been called ahead of time.  Isn't that what Walkom did in the Quincy/Saad incident?  Taking them both?</p>

</p>

In the Quincy incident...he should have put his arm up when he was accosting Saad.  Saad wouldn't have had to try pushing him off after the body slam.  Walkom waited way too long for the players to police themselves - and had a major factor in the game.</p>

</p>

This time...he let several incidents go - with not calling anything...Keith handles it himself and once again..major factor in the game.</p>

</p>

Same with Torres launching himself into Hossa vs PHX. No call on that play either.  Bollig/Hawks go after Torres - and result in a PP for Phx, Hawks lose Hossa - again...major factor in the game.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

If Walkom, who watched the entire ordeal from the start, DOES is FUCKING JOB, that play never evolves into what it did.</p>

</p>

But again, just like game 7 vs the Redwings, he did not.</p>

</p>

This is the same incompetent ASSHOLE that didn't call a penalty, on what turned out to be the stiffest penalty on a single player ever imposed in the history of the league.  The same official that was so bad at his job he was PROMOTED, then DEMOTED Back, because he was terrible at that job as well.</p>

</p>

You just can't make this shit up.  You can't.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I think it has more to do with ref's not calling penalties in the playoffs ...and "letting them play" - which they then have to accept players policing themselves...which they are fully capable of doing.</p>

</p>

Which is why...when Keith went to whack his arm...but unfortunately he didn't have full control of his stick/holding it awkwardly with 1 hand.  The 4min penalty was enough of a penalty.  The NHL should have asked Walkom why he didn't call the infractions...and his answer was "letting them play/handle it themselves" - and Shanny should have allowed it to go with the 4min penalty because of that</p>

</p>

Here's another example.  Dorsett attempts to slew foot Green - which should have been a penalty.  No call.  Green looks at the ref - who let it go...then takes matters in his own hands.  Gets a penalty...serves it...moves on.  No suspension necessary - but was much more intentional than Keith's.</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vAjVEclPo</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199239" data-time="1370534537">
<div>

I think it has more to do with ref's not calling penalties in the playoffs ...and "letting them play" - which they then have to accept players policing themselves...which they are fully capable of doing.</p>

</p>

Which is why...when Keith went to whack his arm...but unfortunately he didn't have full control of his stick/holding it awkwardly with 1 hand.  The 4min penalty was enough of a penalty.  The NHL should have asked Walkom why he didn't call the infractions...and his answer was "letting them play/handle it themselves" - and Shanny should have allowed it to go with the 4min penalty because of that</p>

</p>

Here's another example.  Dorsett attempts to slew foot Green - which should have been a penalty.  No call.  Green looks at the ref - who let it go...then takes matters in his own hands.  Gets a penalty...serves it...moves on.  No suspension necessary - but was much more intentional than Keith's.</p>

</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vAjVEclPo</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well game #7 of the detroit series contradicts that a tad.  He fucked up the game, and could have fucked up the series on what was a fucked call completely.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope the Hawks win tonight so we can see posts/tweets/farts/blogs about how worthless Keith is.</p>

Gosh, it will be great.</p>

</p>

I am all for intelligent conversations, but it's becoming harder to find objectivity-- even among those that call themselves analysts/experts. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="199241" data-time="1370534900">
<div>

I really hope the Hawks win tonight so we can see posts/tweets/farts/blogs about how worthless Keith is.</p>

Gosh, it will be great.</p>

</p>

I am all for intelligent conversations, but it's becoming harder to find objectivity-- even among those that call themselves analysts/experts. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Maybe the real fans will suggest trading Keith for a #2 Center?</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Keith has been the Hawks best Dman - and possibly best player the whole playoffs</p>