[A] Duncan Keith Suspended One Game For Slash On Jeff Carter

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199243" data-time="1370536190">
<div>

Keith has been the Hawks best Dman - and possibly best player the whole playoffs</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I'd say Crawford but that's just me.  Keith is clearly the #1 D man on this team no question.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199244" data-time="1370537178">
<div>

I'd say Crawford but that's just me.  Keith is clearly the #1 D man on this team no question.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Shout out to Hammer, very close 2nd behind Keith IMO. Could be first when it's all said and done.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just watched the replay of the coverage again, I didn't realize that Carter had given Keith so much of the bidness back by the goal before the hand slash.... ref standing right there, no call. Escalation follows... Carter only has the ref to blame and himself. You hack and slash you get hacked and slashed.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="199247" data-time="1370537371">
<div>

Shout out to Hammer, very close 2nd behind Keith IMO. Could be first when it's all said and done.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

My 2nd would probably be Bickell.</p>

</p>

Would be nice if Kane and or Toews would show up at some point.  Other than the first four Minny games where Kane set up just about every goal he's been MIA.  Toews, has just been MIA.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199258" data-time="1370540141">
<div>

My 2nd would probably be Bickell.</p>

</p>

Would be nice if Kane and or Toews would show up at some point.  Other than the first four Minny games where Kane set up just about every goal he's been MIA.  Toews, has just been MIA.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Bickell is definitely up there.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If Bickell played D too He'd be my number 1! haha.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="199249" data-time="1370537426">
<div>

I just watched the replay of the coverage again, I didn't realize that Carter had given Keith so much of the bidness back by the goal before the hand slash.... ref standing right there, no call. Escalation follows... Carter only has the ref to blame and himself. You hack and slash you get hacked and slashed.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Three clear  penalties by my sight.  Similar to Sedin clearly giving Keith a head shot the last time this situation appeared, with no call by the Official.</p>

</p>

At some point the Onus on the officials to actually do their fucking job has to be pointed out.  But not by this league.  Ironically this was Walkom, who's now chalked up his 3rd major fuck up where the Hawks are concerned.</p>

</p>

By the 3rd fuck up most, if not all of us, would be looking for new employment.  But, not in the NHL.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199180" data-time="1370490602">
<div>

I don't understand at what point don't they call Waka Waka Walkom in the office and ask him - </p>

</p>

There were 3 Carter infractions on the play - the elbow to the face, the slash to the back, then the slash to the gloveless hand - why weren't any of those penalties called?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Carter was also holding Keith's stick.</p>

</p>

Let's face it, Walkom sucks! </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If you start watching at the 45 second mark, you'll see a good 3 Penalties by Carter that go uncalled and led to the stick to the face... Keith was trying to swipe at him but not to the face, and why should he think that swinging his stick at carter is acceptable after what the refs just allowed?</p>

Inconsistency.</p>

</p>

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7LI-PXOcAw[/youtube]</p>

R K

After watching it again I believe PMX was right and that's Furlatt there not calling all the penalties.  Either way they both are at fault.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199261" data-time="1370540273">
<div>

Three clear  penalties by my sight.  Similar to Sedin clearly giving Keith a head shot the last time this situation appeared, with no call by the Official.</p>

</p>

At some point the Onus on the officials to actually do their fucking job has to be pointed out.  But not by this league.  Ironically this was Walkom, who's now chalked up his 3rd major fuck up where the Hawks are concerned.</p>

</p>

By the 3rd fuck up most, if not all of us, would be looking for new employment.  But, not in the NHL.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Is there any reason to believe that Walkom has it out for us?  That's an honest question.  I figured you might know since you actually see him every now and again.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
RK probably had too strong words for Walkom and now he's taking it out on the Hawks. It's all RK's fault.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199242" data-time="1370535596">
<div>

Maybe the real fans will suggest trading Keith for a #2 Center?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Still pissed about Jack's Seabrook post?</p>

:romance-kisscheek: </p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199243" data-time="1370536190">
<div>

Keith has been the Hawks best Dman - and possibly best player the whole playoffs</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="199244" data-time="1370537178">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

You guys are high, but that's my opinion.  Keith is very good in our zone, save the number of times this post season that he and every other Hawk on the ice got caught watching the play unfold around them.  At the other end of the ice he has left a LOT to be desired.  I lost count a long time ago how many pucks bounced around, over, under, and past him while he was holding down the blue line, patiently waiting for said puck with little to no pressure.  I shutter to think about all the lost opportunities because he had to chase the puck down and restart the rush into the opposing O-zone.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="199284" data-time="1370544234">
<div>

RK probably had too strong words for Walkom and now he's taking it out on the Hawks. It's all RK's fault.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Well that's a given!  haha</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Oh, and let me be the first to say that Carter deserved every last stitch that he got.  Stop playing hack hockey and guys won't snap on your ass and break your ugly face!</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="199290" data-time="1370544731">
<div>

You guys are high, but that's my opinion.  Keith is very good in our zone, save the number of times this post season that he and every other Hawk on the ice got caught watching the play unfold around them.  At the other end of the ice he has left a LOT to be desired.  I lost count a long time ago how many pucks bounced around, over, under, and past him while he was holding down the blue line, patiently waiting for said puck with little to no pressure.  I shutter to think about all the lost opportunities because he had to chase the puck down and restart the rush into the opposing O-zone.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The puck bouncing...has a lot more to do with the ice than the player</p>

</p>

And waiting with the puck - is usually waiting for either a lane to the net..or someone to get to the net for traffic.  When playing good goalies as they have been, it's kind of the point to get people there.  His 10pts in 15 gms is pretty good</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199299" data-time="1370545320">
<div>

The puck bouncing...has a lot more to do with the ice than the player</p>

</p>

And waiting with the puck - is usually waiting for either a lane to the net..or someone to get to the net for traffic.  When playing good goalies as they have been, it's kind of the point to get people there.  His 10pts in 15 gms is pretty good</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

He is a left handed defencemen on the left side.  There is little excuse for a guy that hugs the wall to miss that many pucks when they come around that way.  But you are right that a bouncing puck is difficult to control no matter the location.</p>

</p>

As for the standing around part, I was talking about when they all get caught in our zone watching two nice side to side passes then a shot into the back of the net and look around at each other like, "oh shit, that just happened".  Those events are about the only time the Wings and Kings have scored. </p>

</p>

For the record, before I get shit on, I didn't say Keith sucked.  For my money, Hammer has been the best Dman going back to the start of the playoffs.  Long stick, constantly blocking shots, moves the puck out of the zone quickly, plays nearly as many minutes as the top pairing...</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see the argument for Keith being the best overall defenseman, but right now IMHO for the transition game Leddy has him beat hands down and Hammer's been carrying the play in the backend--even before he took a puck to the knee.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="199304" data-time="1370546119">
<div>

I can see the argument for Keith being the best overall defenseman, but right now IMHO for the transition game Leddy has him beat hands down and Hammer's been carrying the play in the backend--even before he took a puck to the knee.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Leddy is not good at the transition.  He is great at going coast to coast and doing shit with it.  Seabrook has been very good since repairing with Duncs on the transition and breakout.</p>