[A] Duncan Keith Suspended One Game For Slash On Jeff Carter

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199364" data-time="1370566775">

I think it's better than leaving it in the hands of Shanahan...to suspend some...not others...</p></blockquote>

Only thing consistent about Shanny rullings is their inconsistency.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
So do the Hawks rest Duncs for the rest of the series? Didn't miss him tonight. Don't think he has ever been part of conceding 2 shot 3rd period.</p>

</p>

I KID...I KID!!!!</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll have to eat some crow...I though Oduya and Rosie looked horrible the 1st 2 series...and last night I dreaded seeing them iced together.  They looked damned good.  Monster game for them.</p>

</p>

I also honestly thought all Brookbank had to do was play fundamental D for about 10 minutes last game and be as invisible on the backend as Stalberg has been in the playoffs.  How he managed to fuck that up I haven't a clue--Hendry would have done better.  I never through I would pine for Lasse Kukkonen until last night. </p>

</p>

If we lose another of our D men from hereon out this year, just go with 5 d-men and dress Bollig in case some assbag like Penner takes liberties.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Brookbank was in a very,very difficult situation</p>

</p>

After not playing in a game in 5 weeks, to get forced to play a must win/gm 4 Conf Finals game...is a bitch.  He's a #7 Dman</p>

</p>

While he had a difficult game...I saw where some were calling for Stanton as well - like that would've been better?</p>

</p>

The Hawks D had to find 24min to replace.  Him eating up 7...and dividing the other 17 to the other D....helped a ton.</p>

</p>

I think Sheldon is a good guy.  I bet every Dman on that bench appreciated the tough spot he was in.between the speed of the game and his adreneline that was on fire.  I bet it meant a lot to the team as well, they gave him a few extra shifts/spot duty when guys needed rest as the game went on.</p>

</p>

He was on the ice in the 3rd as well - when this team only gave up 2 shot.</p>

</p>

Very tough spot for him...and it's a bit unfair to bash him based on it...IMO</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've seen Hendry and Boynton in similar situations in the past and they managed to not completely become visible for all the wrong reasons.  I'm not blaming Brookbank for either goal; the 1st was was EVERYONE collapsing around the net (Even though sharp came out and challenged the shooter--too little too late), and the second was Charmin-soft (in Dr. Craw's defense, Both he and Quick let in Charmin-soft goals), but I think he could have and should have played better.</p>

</p>

Besdies, we all see the game a little bit different.  Nothing inherently wrong with that-especially if we win.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I'm not denying it he had some tough plays out there....but I'm willing to give the guy the slack</p>

</p>

Hendry and Boynton at least managed to play regular games in each round...so they were in game speed</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199503" data-time="1370619061">
<div>

</p>

After not playing in a game in 5 weeks, to get forced to play a must win/gm 4 Conf Finals game...is a bitch.  He's a #7 Dman</p>

</p>

While he had a difficult game...I saw where some were calling for Stanton as well - like that would've been better?</p>

</p>

The Hawks D had to find 24min to replace.  Him eating up 7...and dividing the other 17 to the other D....helped a ton.</p>

</p>

I think Sheldon is a good guy.  I bet every Dman on that bench appreciated the tough spot he was in.between the speed of the game and his adreneline that was on fire.  I bet it meant a lot to the team as well, they gave him a few extra shifts/spot duty when guys needed rest as the game went on.</p>

</p>

</p>

Very tough spot for him...and it's a bit unfair to bash him based on it...IMO</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Good post.</p>

</p>

I'm not sure where the decision came in and why it was Montedor with his experience but it was a tough spot no matter which D was brought in without having played a game in over a month.</p>

</p>

No bashing from me it was either him or Montedor because no way was it going to be Stanton or Clendending.  With zero NHL experience.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="199503" data-time="1370619061">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

well said, I thought the same, he had not played since April, and to come into a playoff game let alone being a faster game its not like this was the regular season. I thought he adjusted pretty well and at the right time. IMO, Leddy has alot to be blamed for the first goal by Voynov...he could have tried to block the shot rather then let him shoot it while standing next to Crawford, you could tell Craw was pissed at him, as he looked at him with his arms out and a motion like " really bro" </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I would have preferred Monty after how he finished the season but I understand the reasons against it. At the end of the day Brookbank was bad, but he played no worse than any of the other 5 guys on the ice have this year... Just pray we don't need him again the rest of the year and they'll be fine. I'm not sure anyone available would have been better... Too bad they didn't hold on to Scott huh... hah.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I don't think Montador is an option. If he gets hurt, there goes that buyout...</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="199618" data-time="1370653933">
<div>

I don't think Montador is an option. If he gets hurt, there goes that buyout...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It also sends a terrible message that a guy in the A is more valuable and appreciated than a guy who sat with the team the entire season. </p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="199654" data-time="1370670935">
<div>

It also sends a terrible message that a guy in the A is more valuable and appreciated than a guy who sat with the team the entire season. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You do understand that they are not the same player.... yeah eh?</p>

</p>

Wade Brookbank</p>

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=30382</p>

</p>

Sheldon Brookbank</p>

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=59519</p>

</p>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Brookbank</p>

</p>

Don't feel bad. I bet the majority out there do not realize it.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="IceHogsFan" data-cid="199676" data-time="1370701339">
<div>

You do understand that they are not the same player.... yeah eh?</p>

</p>

Wade Brookbank</p>

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=30382</p>

</p>

Sheldon Brookbank</p>

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=59519</p>

</p>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Brookbank</p>

</p>

Don't feel bad. I bet the majority out there do not realize it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I was saying that playing Monty over Brookbank sent a terrible message</p>

</p>

Monty was in Rockford</p>

</p>

I'm aware of the two Brookbanks. So no, I don't feel bad.</p>

</p>

Do you feel a little bad for being so condescending? Maybe a little?</p>

</p>

:)</p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="199702" data-time="1370706103">
<div>

I was saying that playing Monty over Brookbank sent a terrible message</p>

</p>

Monty was in Rockford</p>

</p>

I'm aware of the two Brookbanks. So no, I don't feel bad.</p>

</p>

Do you feel a little bad for being so condescending? Maybe a little?</p>

</p>

:icon-smile:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

For your, very much so. I was being sarcastic earlier. Should have thrown up the smiley or put in purple.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
hahaha :)</p>