[A] Flame Out: CHI 4, CGY 2

Ton

Liked Posts:
Joel Quenneville grabbed his 600th win as a head coach while Patrick Sharp extended his point streak to 9 games, the longest active streak in the entire NHL.

The Blackhawks won their 5th game in a row and have collected points in 8 straight games now. With this win they have regained their throne at the top of the NHL standings--leading the entire NHL with 46 points in 33 games.

Not only is the team at the top of the league, but so are a few individual players: Nik Hjalmarsson leads the NHL with 89 blocked shots, while Jonathan Toews leads in face-off wins. He also remains in the top 5 of the league in takeaways, goals and game-winning goals. Marian Hossa has crept into the top 5 point leaders in the NHL and Patrick Kane has enough assists to label him a top 5 passing producer as well.

Of course, Ray Emery doesn't lead in any category but his performances in his last 6 starts would vault him up there with a full season of consistency. There is no expectation, however, it is notable to recognize his spectacular play.

The only bad news that may have surfaced in this match was the loss of Brent Seabrook. His status is unknown but it is thought to be less serious than originally thought and it is not expected that he will miss any significant time.

BLACKHAWKS THREE STARS OF THE GAME

1. Marian Hossa

2. Niklas Hjalmarsson

3. Patrick Kane

Click here to view the article

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Scott leading the team in +/- with a +2!

Great game by Keith.... better game by Hammer!

Another solid start by Emery... I hope he gets the start against Pitt and Crawford goes against Montreal the next night.

Glad to see the Dmen scoring some goals!

Fuck Rene Bourque!

Toews/Kane/Sharp/Hossa another beast game!

Not sure why we need another thread for Post Game Talk!

Lampshade_gurl

Liked Posts:
Yeah for Jelly getting a goal. Great first 40 mins. Last 20....lots of questionable hits. Hopefully Seabrook is ok.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabrook concussed when Wiz gave him a cheap shot. Now another former teammate with Bourque. I somehow recall Seabs getting a kick to the head two years ago.

That's 3 in 2 years. Not good.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
How is it possible that Gordie Scott was held to no points?

I had initially written that he was pointless, but that could have been incorrectly misconstrued.
<

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The treat of the night was RK and wife on the scoreboard....but the heatbreak was that RK did not have the boobs as shown in another thread....

R K

The treat of the night was RK and wife on the scoreboard....but the heatbreak was that RK did not have the boobs as shown in another thread....

Nice. Wife was not happy the first time she was on, although we all got a good chuckle out of it.

Great game. Team is rolling.

Seabrook is AOK. Shame his mom and dad came in for the game and he leaves from a shitty hit.

Team was down a D man, with Scott on D and Bickell missing almost the entire 3rd period. Gotta give the Hawks credit short two, almost 3 men.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice. Wife was not happy the first time she was on, although we all got a good chuckle out of it.

Seabrook is AOK. Shame his mom and dad came in for the game and he leaves from a shitty hit.

Team was down a D man, with Scott on D and Bickell missing almost the entire 3rd period. Gotta give the Hawks credit short two, almost 3 men.

Uhhh Scott played better on D than O'Donnell would have and also led the team with a +2. Not really sure how that's considered down a man.

R K

LOL! What ever you say Grimson.

Good effort by the Hawks down two men in the 3rd and Scott who skated whopping 11 minutes.

Keith 28:33

Leddy 24:49

Hammer 24:12

Montedor 18:31

Scott 11:32

Seabrook 7:07

And uhhh relax fanboy I wasn't slamming your love crush. Just stating facts.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
And +2 in those minutes? Sounds good to me. Also nice to see the fucking hack Flames not try any cheap shit when he was out there. They waited til he was on the bench to go after Kane/Toews/Frolik/Stalberg... fucking cowards.

If he was out there when your son was crushed against the boards... I am sure Bourque would have a different looking face.

MontAdor also gets PP time.

EV Strength:

Montador 14:38

Scott: 11:32

R K

He wouldn't have done crap to Rene. The officials wouldn't have allowed him too. Again I wasn't slamming him just saying it like it is. Montedor also scored a goal.

All the other D men get PP time, just as Seabrook would have.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not going to harp on minute details like that... you are right, though.

Anyways... Hawks 7-0-1 in December.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabrook concussed when Wiz gave him a cheap shot. Now another former teammate with Bourque. I somehow recall Seabs getting a kick to the head two years ago.

That's 3 in 2 years. Not good.

Better keep the eyes peeled for Sammy Pahlson.

R K

Im not going to harp on minute details like that... you are right, though.

Anyways... Hawks 7-0-1 in December.

I really wasn't harping on Scott, he is what he is. You know I've always been a supporter of him from the start.

Hawks 9-1-1 in their last 11 games.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Shit hit by Bourque. Never liked that piece of shit. Sigh..that was the only bad thing about the night. Hope Seabs can get back soon. Those hits scare the shit out of me.

Hawks looked great tonight as far as the game goes. Hammer now leads the league in blocked shots!! That guy played unreal tonight. Depth scoring..pp scoring. Was a great game all around.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
And +2 in those minutes? Sounds good to me. Also nice to see the fucking hack Flames not try any cheap shit when he was out there. They waited til he was on the bench to go after Kane/Toews/Frolik/Stalberg... fucking cowards.

If he was out there when your son was crushed against the boards... I am sure Bourque would have a different looking face.

MontAdor also gets PP time.

EV Strength:

Montador 14:38

Scott: 11:32

Yea the hole dressing Scott makes teams think twice about taking a run is now forever moot to me. Flames played a lazy as hell but were just looking to hurt someone. Fuck that team.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Good to know that Seabs is ok, and yea it does suck that his parents were in for the game and had to watch that hit...I could only imagine what they were thinking when it happened.