[A] Kicking Tires: Power Forward in the Cards?

R K

Difference was Buff was given ice time throughout the season. Frolik took his opportunity and did well with it. Stalberg didn't.

Shame two years in a row he hasn't done that in the regular season. Who knows maybe by age 28 he'll have over 50pts.

As for him playing all three forward positions, he sucks shit at Center.

Your a stats guy apparently, 91 games he has 8 goals and 16 assists. ROTFL! And was touted as a Center when Stan traded for him.

yea right.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I suggest you pay more attention then. He was playing out of position where the Captain wasn't. Trev you never cease to amaze me. I wonder sometimes if you even watch the games. Your stats up there mean dick!

If you'd bother watching any of the post game interviews, with his actually team mates, you'd know that statement you just made, NONE OF THEM agree with you. Kane was brought up just about every night. NO fucking Kane, No fucking playoffs. No fucking question.

He was not the only player to "carry the team". If Hossa/Sharp didn't score those points the same argument could be made.

Did Kane step up his game with the role of center? Sure, I'll give you that. Did Kane carry the entire team on his own? Not a fucking chance.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Shame two years in a row he hasn't done that in the regular season. Who knows maybe by age 28 he'll have over 50pts.

As for him playing all three forward positions, he sucks shit at Center.

Your a stats guy apparently, 91 games he has 8 goals and 16 assists. ROTFL! And was touted as a Center when Stan traded for him.

yea right.

He averaged 12 minutes a game last season in the regular season. 17 in the playoffs. That's roughly 10 more shifts a game. Plus he was playing with better players than Mayers and Bollig/(insert 4th liner here).

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I suggest you pay more attention then. He was playing out of position where the Captain wasn't. Trev you never cease to amaze me. I wonder sometimes if you even watch the games. Your stats up there mean dick!

If you'd bother watching any of the post game interviews, with his actually team mates, you'd know that statement you just made, NONE OF THEM agree with you. Kane was brought up just about every night. NO fucking Kane, No fucking playoffs. No fucking question.

Also, my stats don't mean dick in this instance, they prove your point wrong. If you took the time to read them over instead of just pushing them aside you would see that Kane wasn't the leading scorer when JT was gone, nor did he have the most games with a point. Hossa and Sharp were right there along with him in points. That's hardly carrying a team.

R K

He averaged 12 minutes a game last season in the regular season. 17 in the playoffs. That's roughly 10 more shifts a game. Plus he was playing with better players than Mayers and Bollig/(insert 4th liner here).

Year one he was placed with Toews on the top line, Kane on the second line and had 9pts in 28 games. Finally found some chemistry with Bickell but I credit Bickell for some of that.

Last year, he sucked at Center and had opportunites with those top guys and failed. I always bitch about Stalberg but would hands down take him over Frolik any day of the week.

As for Kane remind me when Sharp and Hossa were asked to play out of position? They weren't. Again you want proof, pay attention and watch the numerous post game shows. I didn't say it, his TEAMMATES did. over and over again.

No Kane, no playoffs. No question. He did STEP up and Hossa, Sharp and the rest of the TEAM followed. You want proof Trev, ask them. I specifically said KANE STEPPED UP, the TEAM FOLLOWED. Not even a question. Had he not stepped UP, IE Carried the load when asked, does the team rally, who knows. You'll never know because it didn't happen, he did, and during that time was LEADING the locker room.

Listen to the Post game interviews. Not sure you do by the comments you've made.

R K

Also, my stats don't mean dick in this instance, they prove your point wrong. If you took the time to read them over instead of just pushing them aside you would see that Kane wasn't the leading scorer when JT was gone, nor did he have the most games with a point. Hossa and Sharp were right there along with him in points. That's hardly carrying a team.

Scoring wasn't the question Trev. you play the game, you knew exactly what I meant. It was the fact he was doing ALL the other things. Again you never cease to amaze me. Which is why I brought up the Frolik vs Stalberg argument. I wonder what the fuck you are watching.

It's you're opinion. Have at it. I have a hard time believing many who know what they are talking about agree with you, on either front. I know the ones playing in the NHL I talk to don't.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
When I hear of a player carrying a team, I think he was the only reason they won games. Kane was not the only reason we won games when JT was hurt. That is the point of my stats. Others contributed on the score sheet just as much, if not at a more consistent rate.

Now, did he step up his game when JT went down? Sure, I will give you that. But there is a difference between "carrying one's team on their back" (only person giving an effort and the sole reason they win) and "stepping up" (raising a players game above the level they had currently been playing at).

I know what I am watching. Frolik IMO is a better player than Stalberg. Stalberg has done better with his opportunites, but looking at their potential, I don't think it's fair for Frolik to be considered a "bust" quite yet. I see more talent/skill in Frolik (hands, vision, playmaking) than Stalberg who has one or two tools to use in a game (speed, size).

R K

I don't neccessarily think Frolik is a bust, but I do not think he will be as offensive as Stalberg. Not a chance.

As for Kane if he doesn't step up, and the team doesn't follow, they don't get knocked out in the first round, because they don't make it. Even Toews mentioned it several times during the time he was out. And he hates doing that. Again if you asked most of the players a question of how they turned it around after Toews went down, Id bet you the MONEY you give me for losing the Frolik bet you shouldn't make, that the first player out of their mouths, is Kane.

I'd trust me on this one if I were you Trev.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I just don't think Frolik will ever be as good as Stalberg. They just aren't on the same level talent-wise.

But when you look at work ethic, Frolik is a head above Stalberg. Something everyone might not know, but Frolik would stay on the ice after practice for at least an hour after everyone else to work at his game. He's got the work ethic, but the confidence and (to a lesser degree) talent is really lacking. If Stalberg could maintain his work ethic at an acceptable level and continue to develop, I just can't see Frolik catching up.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't neccessarily think Frolik is a bust, but I do not think he will be as offensive as Stalberg. Not a chance.

As for Kane if he doesn't step up, and the team doesn't follow, they don't get knocked out in the first round, because they don't make it. Even Toews mentioned it several times during the time he was out. And he hates doing that. Again if you asked most of the players a question of how they turned it around after Toews went down, Id bet you the MONEY you give me for losing the Frolik bet you shouldn't make, that the first player out of their mouths, is Kane.

I'd trust me on this one if I were you Trev.

I'm going to let this go. I've made my claims, you've made yours. I'm not disagreeing with you on Kane stepping up his game; but there is a difference between stepping up ones game and carrying a team.

Dominik Hasek carried the Sabres to a Stanley Cup finals. He was the only reason they went that far period.

Kane stepped his game up and played better than he had through out the season. But he was not the only reason they made the playoffs. The Hawks offensive players (Sharp and Hossa included) picked their games up as well.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I just don't think Frolik will ever be as good as Stalberg. They just aren't on the same level talent-wise.

But when you look at work ethic, Frolik is a head above Stalberg. Something everyone might not know, but Frolik would stay on the ice after practice for at least an hour after everyone else to work at his game. He's got the work ethic, but the confidence and (to a lesser degree) talent is really lacking. If Stalberg could maintain his work ethic at an acceptable level and continue to develop, I just can't see Frolik catching up.

I firmly disagree.

Stalberg- Pro's: Great speed with a long stride. Good size. Will play physical at times. Hard shot.

Con's: Limited hockey sense. Poor accuracy on shot. Hands are so-so. Inconsistent

Frolik- Pro's: Good hockey sense. Great speed and agility. Vision. Good hands. Dependable in his own zone.

Con's: Inconsistent. Poor confidence of late. Not very physical. Leaves much to be desired.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I firmly disagree.

Stalberg- Pro's: Great speed with a long stride. Good size. Will play physical at times. Hard shot.

Con's: Limited hockey sense. Poor accuracy on shot. Hands are so-so. Inconsistent

Frolik- Pro's: Good hockey sense. Great speed and agility. Vision. Good hands. Dependable in his own zone.

Con's: Inconsistent. Poor confidence of late. Not very physical. Leaves much to be desired.

I have yet to see Frolik's good hands, or vision, or great speed (he does have some agility though). To me, those traits are average at best. I agree he has good hockey sense and dependable in his own zone, otherwise the rest is just a work in progress. You also missed his biggest con: weakest shot I've ever seen.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I have yet to see Frolik's good hands, or vision, or great speed (he does have some agility though). To me, those traits are average at best. I agree he has good hockey sense and dependable in his own zone, otherwise the rest is just a work in progress. You also missed his biggest con: weakest shot I've ever seen.

qm.gif

qm.gif
Ah, Fuck it.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 on 5 2011-12 Regular Season

Frolik was on the ice with Bolland 42.8% of his TOI, Bickell 39.1%, Mayers 23.8%, Krueger 13%.

It was hard not to notice the comparison of Jagr and Bolland earlier in this thread. Difficult since it's an assine comparison of two different type of players.

Jagr was on the ice with Giroux 77.7% of his even strength TOI, Hartnell 76.8%, Briere 11%

Bolland...Bickell 60.1%, Frolik 30.8%, Shaw 26.2%, Brunette 16%, Stalberg 14.6%, Hossa 13.5

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have yet to see Frolik's good hands, or vision, or great speed (he does have some agility though). To me, those traits are average at best. I agree he has good hockey sense and dependable in his own zone, otherwise the rest is just a work in progress. You also missed his biggest con: A $2.3 million cap hit for two more years.

Fixed.

R K

I'm going to let this go. I've made my claims, you've made yours. I'm not disagreeing with you on Kane stepping up his game; but there is a difference between stepping up ones game and carrying a team.

Dominik Hasek carried the Sabres to a Stanley Cup finals. He was the only reason they went that far period.

Kane stepped his game up and played better than he had through out the season. But he was not the only reason they made the playoffs. The Hawks offensive players (Sharp and Hossa included) picked their games up as well.

Bullshit, he started off pretty good considering he was comng off wrist surgery and had ZERO preseason. Least until they started playing musical positions with him. Without him Trev, they miss the playoffs. I'd bet money on that and most likely win. Least a lot better bet than yours with Frolik and Stalberg.

Sharp and Hossa ONLY picked up their game after Kane led the way. They'd both say he was tha catalyst. In fact AGAIN if you'd watch the fucking POST GAME INTERVIEWS you'd hear them say it IN FUCKING PERSON! But who am I to throw facts in there?

While not always on the score board there were some games in there he completely dominated.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
i like both. Stalberg needs to learn from his past playoff experience to do better next time--keep consistent to earn the minutes he got last year--while also balancing Frolik's minutes and opportunities considering it is now two years consecutive he was pretty awesome at least in the playoffs.

When did he ever play center? Scratching my head with this one, but i dont know his young days at all besides BABY JAGR (dumb and pretty unrealistic, really). Might as well if he barely plays wing past couple years with us hah

a let Kane be the even better player with newfound leadership qualities from when toews was out at his primary position.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't Frolik called "little Jagr" when he was drafted? I don't see it. But as said he works hard when he's on the ice, if only he could score even a little more he would be alright.