[A] Kicking Tires: Power Forward in the Cards?

supraman

Liked Posts:
I remember those games "Kane carried the team" and yeah he did. He was the lone force to be reckoned with. Sure Hossa and Sharp put up good numbers but neither of them dominated games like Kane did during that stretch. Kane was everywhere and making great plays

R K

i like both. Stalberg needs to learn from his past playoff experience to do better next time--keep consistent to earn the minutes he got last year--while also balancing Frolik's minutes and opportunities considering it is now two years consecutive he was pretty awesome at least in the playoffs.

When did he ever play center? Scratching my head with this one, but i dont know his young days at all besides BABY JAGR (dumb and pretty unrealistic, really). Might as well if he barely plays wing past couple years with us hah

a let Kane be the even better player with newfound leadership qualities from when toews was out at his primary position.

Baby Bowman touted Frolik as a Center when the trade went down. He instantly started playing Center and completely sucked. Primarily because it was bullshit, he's not a Center. No matter how many times you shove the square peg in the round hole, it's NEVER going to fit there.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sharp? In fact, I'm still scratching my head as to why Sharp was never moved back there. Ditto with Kopecky. But then again, both of those guys are the exception, not the rule.

Still...I think tht moving foward into next season, anyone partnered with Bolland on the 3rd line (assuming that's the case) should not be judged by any offensive benchmark, rather, how many goals are let in on their watch.

The team can score...keeping it out of the net is another story that can't be blamed on any single position.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Sharp? In fact, I'm still scratching my head as to why Sharp was never moved back there. Ditto with Kopecky. But then again, both of those guys are the exception, not the rule.

Still...I think tht moving foward into next season, anyone partnered with Bolland on the 3rd line (assuming that's the case) should not be judged by any offensive benchmark, rather, how many goals are let in on their watch.

The team can score...keeping it out of the net is another story that can't be blamed on any single position.

Sharp was moved from playing center because he was in fact, a center and Stan and Q in there infinite wisdom decided he wasn't a Center anymore so shoved him to wing. Just like they've moved wingers to center when they're not actually centers

supraman

Liked Posts:
Sharp was moved from playing center because he was in fact, a center and Stan and Q in there infinite wisdom decided he wasn't a Center anymore so shoved him to wing. Just like they've moved wingers to center when they're not actually centers

They are so wise

R K

Sharp would tell you he was a LW, not Center. He prefers not playing Center. Least that's what I've always read.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
prefers not, BUT doesnt mind cuz he is a good teammate and better than Kane, so i say he should be the C until we grab someone to be a legit #2. Our top lines are stacked anyway

R K

Won't get any arguments with that, he won a Cup playing there. Why since then he hasn't is a mystery. We aren't exactly stacked at LW either.

This team needs a PF LW, 2nd line C, and another physical Blue Liner.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Won't get any arguments with that, he won a Cup playing there. Why since then he hasn't is a mystery. We aren't exactly stacked at LW either.

This team needs a PF LW, 2nd line C, and another physical Blue Liner.

Sharp has a Stanley and Calder Cup to his name as a Center. Whether or not he prefers it, right now the team needs him at Center more than LW. If only Stan and Q realized that.

R K

Sharp has a Stanley and Calder Cup to his name as a Center. Whether or not he prefers it, right now the team needs him at Center more than LW. If only Stan and Q realized that.

Sure but he's a LW playing out of position at Center. LOL

Labrun says the Hawks have ZERO chance of trading Kane Trev..... One GM, not on the Hawks was quoted, "he's not available"....

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure but he's a LW playing out of position at Center. LOL

Labrun says the Hawks have ZERO chance of trading Kane Trev..... One GM, not on the Hawks was quoted, "he's not available"....

I don't think they have zero CHANCE to trade Kane, more like zero INTEREST in doing so.

equator180

Liked Posts:
Shoots_he_scores' timestamp='1339970140 said:
If Winnipeg is truly interested in trading Kane, which I don't believe they'll do, Stan better be hot on that trail. There is not a prospect in our system I wouldn't trade for that guy. He is going to be an absolute force in this league for a long, long time. I would have no problem with the Hawks trading a package of McNeil, Morin, Pirri, either Hayes, hell even Hjalmarsson (Not all of those, but a combination). Kane would be a game changer for this team.

Kane/Toews/Kane

Stalberg/Sharp/Hossa

Carcillo/Bolland/Shaw

Bickell/Mayers/Hayes

Kruger

OK but who is between the pipes when the puck comes the other way? Get LOU!

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I don't want to be assured a first round exit in the playoffs each year.

Screw Lou! We deserve better!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane + Hammer for Nash? That would be a hell of a power forward. Not sure it clears much cap space though, would have to look at the numbers. THey'd have to sweeten that with picks/prospects to pull it off I'd guess.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would they want to trade Nash in the division?

Yeah, my thought as well. Just the latest stupid rumor making the rounds from a source we all hate.