[A] Roberto Luongo: Chicago's definitely one of them

Would you welcome Roberto Luongo to Chicago?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Like who? I don't see any PF LW or RW other than Saad even remotely ready. This year or next. At least top 6.

3rd year out, who knows, thats three years from now. I suppose next years crop of UFA is fairly large but then again you are waiting another year. If it's the right deal I'd sign him.

Beach will be ready. And Olesz will score 50 goals.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
And will will come out of the closet.

Not until Tom Cruise (And R.Kelly) says it's otay...

tumblr_lh7q5lvD0y1qbc7us.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Florida closing in on Luongo?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[background=transparent]12:58[background=transparent]PM ET[/background][/background]​
[/font][background=transparent]

Roberto Luongo | Canucks

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

UPDATE: At present, all remains stagnant on the Roberto Luongo-to-Florida Panthers front. But George Richards of the Miami Herald proposes there's still plenty of time for a reunion to take place before training camp. In other words, no rush.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Meanwhile, the Panthers have signed two other netminders -- 30-year-old Dov Grumet-Morris and 19-year-old Michael Houser. Grumet-Morris competed on an AHL-only contract with the San Antonio Rampage last season; Houser played for the OHL London Knights.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Jose Theodore, Scott Clemmensen, and Jacob Markstrom are the Panthers' top three netminders in the here and now.[/background]

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

UPDATE: ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun suggests (below), Jose Theodore's willingness (or lack thereof) to waive his no-trade clause could be the only issue in play.[/background]

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

UPDATE: There's a potential hurdle in play. Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province relays speculation the Vancouver Canucks would insist goaltender Jose Theodore be part of the Florida Panthers' package for Roberto Luongo.[/background]
[background=transparent]

The problem is Theodore has a limited no-trade clause that includes a list of only 10 teams he can be dealt to without issue. According to ESPN, the Canucks are not on that list. But that doesn't mean the veteran goalie would stand in the way of a deal either:[/background]
[background=transparent]

"... The Panthers could try and force his hand, by telling him if he refuses to waive it, he'd be No. 3 on their depth chart behind Luongo and Scott Clemmensen ..." (Botchford)[/background]

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

UPDATE: Throwing more fuel on the fire ...[/background]
[background=transparent]

Mike Berardino of the Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Florida Panthers appear poised for a reunion with goaltender Roberto Luongo. Even though Panthers GM Dale Tallon wouldn't offer much detail in regards to a potential deal with the Vancouver Canucks.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"I'm open to any suggestions, anything that makes us better," Tallon said. "Obviously, Vancouver is in the driver's seat. I'm willing to listen to anything they have to offer."[/background]
[background=transparent]

George Richards of the Miami Herald earlier suggested the "word on the street" was theFlorida Panthers were "internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo".[/background]

[background=transparent]
- Victoria Matiash[/background]​

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

With Cory Schneider now locked into a new deal with the Vancouver Canucks, it only seems logical that a Roberto Luongo move is that much more inevitable. And while Florida isn't the only contender for his services and a deal doesn't necessarily have to happen right away, more and more signs could be pointing the Panthers' way.[/background]
[background=transparent]

To that end, George Richards of the Miami Herald notes there are rumblings that Florida is preparing internally for Luongo's return. If that's truly the case, it could mean Jose Theodore becomes the backup for one year (he's signed through next season) while top prospect Jacob Markstrom spends another year in the minors. Or it could mean one of those two players gets dealt, though the Panthers would want quite a bit in exchange for Markstrom, who is widely considered the top goalie prospect in hockey.[/background]

[background=transparent]
- Luke Lapinski[/background]​

[background=transparent]

lebrun_pierre_30.jpg

ESPN's Pierre LeBrun

[background=transparent]

Deal could benefit all[/background]

"... A source told me Friday morning there was finally traction on the Luongo front but still nothing imminent. My understanding is the Panthers and Canucks have kept the dialogue alive. It's the deal that makes the most sense, especially, as I pointed out Thursday, if Jose Theodore is willing to move his no-trade clause to go to Vancouver. Luongo wants to be with the Panthers again. Florida can use the upgrade in goal, and the Canucks can divest themselves of the $53.3 million left on Luongo's deal ... although for this trade ever to happen, certainly player contracts would have to go the other way as well to make it financially viable for the Panthers ..."​
[/background][/background]
[/font]

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
well looks like were stuck with Crawfish.

It's going to be fun watching you jump back on the Crawford wagon, considering how much you hated Luongo two months ago.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I still feel this is Crow's season to prove if he's got it or was a one and done goalie.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
It's going to be fun watching you jump back on the Crawford wagon, considering how much you hated Luongo two months ago.

Just like you will be saying to all of us that you were one of the first ones to say Crawford was not the answer when he tanks....I will be looking out for that post.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
you spiteful mother fuckers who cares you remind me of my bat shit crazy fucking assistant manager hahahahah

ILL REMEMBER THIS!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Just like you will be saying to all of us that you were one of the first ones to say Crawford was not the answer when he tanks....I will be looking out for that post.

lol go ahead. I've never changed my opinion on anything like that. You contradict yourself on every post, I've never done any such thing.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
lol go ahead. I've never changed my opinion on anything like that. You contradict yourself on every post, I've never done any such thing.

I contradict my self on every post?? no I don't, if anything I don't get brainwashed to agree on opinions just cause the player is playing for the Hawks.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I contradict my self on every post?? no I don't, if anything I don't get brainwashed to agree on opinions just cause the player is playing for the Hawks.

Hard for you to form that solid of an opinion I guess, since you just learned these players existed a few years ago.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Hard for you to form that solid of an opinion I guess, since you just learned these players existed a few years ago.

Again with this bandwagon crap. LOL. You think I started watching hockey 3-4 years ago???...lol. So I don't agree on something that makes me Im a newbe or a bandwagon jumpie....thats seems to be the explaintion on everything around here, when someone doesn't like the argument or is not agreed with, right away makes them new to this sport or to these Hawks players as if they are gods gift to hockey. LOL.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't think that's what he was referring to, as in I don't think he was saying you jump on or off the hawks bandwagon but crow's bandwagon. It has nothing to do with how long you have been a fan of the hawks or how long you have been watching hockey, anyone can jump on or off any bandwagon at anytime. There is no set parameter for what it could be. IN this case he is talking about all the people who jumped on the Crow bandwagon when he had a great "rookie" year and are now shitting on his chest because he had a sophomore slump. I for one will give him one more year to see which goalie he is.

R K

I don't think that's what he was referring to, as in I don't think he was saying you jump on or off the hawks bandwagon but crow's bandwagon. It has nothing to do with how long you have been a fan of the hawks or how long you have been watching hockey, anyone can jump on or off any bandwagon at anytime. There is no set parameter for what it could be. IN this case he is talking about all the people who jumped on the Crow bandwagon when he had a great "rookie" year and are now shitting on his chest because he had a sophomore slump. I for one will give him one more year to see which goalie he is.

You have no choice. He's our goalie. Either stand behind him or find another team to watch.

He had a bad year last year, but so did many on the team in front of him. That said if you have a shot at a better goalie, you take it. Or you aren't doing your job as GM.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
You have no choice. He's our goalie. Either stand behind him or find another team to watch.

He had a bad year last year, but so did many on the team in front of him. That said if you have a shot at a better goalie, you take it. Or you aren't doing your job as GM.

Is there a GM on the job? I've lost count.....................

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Gee thanks... I thought i had a choice... which had nothing to to with my comment. I was talking about passing judgement, you know... jumping on or off the bandwagon... No fucking shit we have no choice. Do you have selective hearing too of just selective reading?

R K

Gee thanks... I thought i had a choice... which had nothing to to with my comment. I was talking about passing judgement, you know... jumping on or off the bandwagon... No fucking shit we have no choice. Do you have selective hearing too of just selective reading?

Is there a problem with you being a giant prick lately. Fuck off asshole.

Go back to school and learn what a generalization is.