Adam Jahns answering Twitter questions

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
........And I think a cattle prod "scintillator" for Fuller would be the perfect ticket to make the dude turn around towards the QB
Gotta write it in their contract that the coaching staff may make it mandatory on gameday to wear the prod

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder if what we will see from the Bears next season is the Bears signing vets to backup these developmental players like Leno, Jones, and McClellin.

It sure sounds like they love these guys.

Maybe we won't see as big an investment as we think at ILB and LT.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if what we will see from the Bears next season is the Bears signing vets to backup these developmental players like Leno, Jones, and McClellin.

I don't get it, the declined his 5th year but are mesmerized by what exactly? Even at his best he's nothing more than a backup on any other team in the NFL.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I don't get it, the declined his 5th year but are mesmerized by what exactly? Even at his best he's nothing more than a backup on any other team in the NFL.

I'm guessing, but I think that they see someone that is smart, and has the physical size and basic physical tools to play the position at a starter/pro bowl level. Now he has not once shown that he is ever going to do that. So don't think I am calling him a pro bowler.

But again, my guess is that they see the potential to be that if they can get the production and decision making part sorted out.

When he was drafted I always thought he was supposed to be a middle linebacker. I never understood why they threw him in the DL and tried to fatten him up and slow him down.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

His 5th year option would have cost nearly $8m.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I still think if we're Picking 6-12 and Jaylon smith is available you absolutely take him.
I would also love Ramsey from FSU

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i would think long at LT and leno at right would make more sense.

I don't know if Leno can play RT.

-Some guys are just so one hand dominant that they cannot flip the movements and technique.
-He also lacks the power you would traditionally see in a RT.

If Leno plays well I am okay with leaving Long at RT. I think the thought with Long to LT would be that you would not have to invest a premium pick or a huge free agent contract, Leno solves both issues if he can hold up.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

Fixing the pass rush, CB and RG could become the major priority in the offseason. If we do, the rest of the defense and offense could over come the other weaknesses. Might not be as hard as previously thought.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i would think long at LT and leno at right would make more sense.

That might be true. But Leno looked terrible at RT in the preseason. He might be strictly a LT. Then again maybe something just clicked in him since then. I think Long is a better RT than he would be at LT. Then again, Long might be an exceptional LT. Hard tellin not knowin

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Charles Leno will be one of the most fascinating players to watch moving forward

-poor preseason
-solid in relief of Bushrod
-low draft pick playing premium position
-loved by the coaching staff

If he could be the long term LT it would be huge.

Hey maybe we can finally catch some luck and someone will call about trading for J.Bushrod.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think he's been playing pretty good this year.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So if The two inside linebackers are already on the team and we have our two Starting OT already on the team and the defense of line is solid and our best player on the defense is our outside linebacker. Then we just need to improve the secondary so what the hell is all this rebuild talk I keep hearing about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is very similar to Webb.

Now Leno has been better in his 4 game run than Webb, and he doesn't seem like an idiot, so those are positives.

Webb did decent as well......kind of

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but has 50 made any plays this year?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So if The two inside linebackers are already on the team and we have our two Starting OT already on the team and the defense of line is solid and our best player on the defense is our outside linebacker. Then we just need to improve the secondary so what the hell is all this rebuild talk I keep hearing about

Heck, I'm shocked we aren't in contention now.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heck, I'm shocked we aren't in contention now.

Maybe it's not as bad as we think it is
If we're all healthy at the beginning of next year and we had our superstar good wide receiver and Kevin White plus somehow in the free agency plus the draft we fix a secondary. Then, why aren't we a playoff team at that point?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't know if Leno can play RT.

-Some guys are just so one hand dominant that they cannot flip the movements and technique.
-He also lacks the power you would traditionally see in a RT.

If Leno plays well I am okay with leaving Long at RT. I think the thought with Long to LT would be that you would not have to invest a premium pick or a huge free agent contract, Leno solves both issues if he can hold up.

And Long may not be as good on the left side, he was a Lefty Pitcher. His left inside hand at RT/RG is his dominant hand.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

I think focusing on upgrading our pass rush at OLB and DE along with adding the best CB we can find will be the main focus. Add a RG in the draft, which a good one can be found in the mid rounds. SS, KR and even another CB would also be good moves. Resign Alshon and Forte and i think we should be very competitive.

I'm still not sold on the ILB situation but I'll let that fall on Fangio and Pace. If they like what we currently have and resign Shea but don't upgrade Jones, it'll be on them. I hope they are right but then again it could be mid season coach speak.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth