Adam Jahns answering Twitter questions

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think focusing on upgrading our pass rush at OLB and DE along with adding the best CB we can find will be the main focus. Add a RG in the draft, which a good one can be found in the mid rounds. SS, KR and even another CB would also be good moves. Resign Alshon and Forte and i think we should be very competitive.

I'm still not sold on the ILB situation but I'll let that fall on Fangio and Pace. If they like what we currently have and resign Shea but don't upgrade Jones, it'll be on them. I hope they are right but then again it could be mid season coach speak.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

I think it's most certainly coach speak. There's no way they go into next season and not try to upgrade at least one of those spots.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
I think it's most certainly coach speak. There's no way they go into next season and not try to upgrade at least one of those spots.
When they said Jones was still very young i didn't think they were necessarily talking about his age, rather his lack of knowledge for the position.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Who knows.

I could easily see Fangio meeting with Pace and saying "get me 2 real CBS and a pass rusher, we can make it work with Jones and McClellin"

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Who knows.

I could easily see Fangio meeting with Pace and saying "get me 2 real CBS and a pass rusher, we can make it work with Jones and McClellin"

Maybe...or he could say give me a pass rusher, a #1 CB, and a game changing ILB. Like you said, who knows.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
I don't know if Leno can play RT.

-Some guys are just so one hand dominant that they cannot flip the movements and technique.
-He also lacks the power you would traditionally see in a RT.

If Leno plays well I am okay with leaving Long at RT. I think the thought with Long to LT would be that you would not have to invest a premium pick or a huge free agent contract, Leno solves both issues if he can hold up.

Long at RT is also useful as we want our Road Graters on the right to support the power run game no?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but has 50 made any plays this year?
I'm not claiming to be completely objective, but no. His entire game seems to be based on getting in the way of ball carriers and slowing them down or maybe dragging them down eventually if he gets close enough. I have not seen him break up a pass or shoot the gap to hit a runner behind the line. Again I'm not studying film, but as a casual observer he seems completely unable to change direction. It seems that no matter the scheme you would want more than that from a starting ilb.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i think the coaches are happy with him because of the level of progression hes made thus far and if he can continue to progress at this kind of level he'd be a good piece to keep.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think the coaches are happy with him because of the level of progression hes made thus far and if he can continue to progress at this kind of level he'd be a good piece to keep.

Sweet, so in 4 years we'll have a stud on our hands? Awesome.