All Signs Point To Watt to Arizona - #CALLEDIT

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
My source said that at the pro bowl a couple years ago, Watt, Donald and Mack all had this plan to play together in Chicago and create the greatest pass rush football has seen since da 85 Bearz. Watt is also talking to his brother about joining the team and believes that this will only lead to a superstar QB demanding a trade to Chicago.

Looks like the plan is in motion.
#TrustThePlan

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
#TrustThePlan
#TrustThePlan
3zJ.gif

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
View attachment 10334

1 year ago on Monday, Kealia and JJ Watt were married in the Bahamas. She has been playing professional soccer for a full year for the NWSL Chicago Red Stars and planting her roots here in Chicago. JJ has expressed interest in starting a family which is obviously hard to do being half a country apart. It's not surprising he asked for his release so he could come to Chicago to be with his wife full time and start his family. There are no other reasons that he would decide to leave his 2nd home in Houston with all of the charity work he does there.

Obviously this would have been better if the Bears were getting Watt from 2016, but he would still be a great addition to this defense that could desperately use another pass rusher.

I for one am actually pretty excited as long as he can stay healthy.

haha, I like you Grimson. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What, the three games he wasn't injured and actually suited up.

Like, do you even use logic before you post? You know the Bears are ALREADY over the Cap...why sign an aging, always injured, player?
Because Watt is a name he recognized. ?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry to be the bad guy,

but you know the 3 time DMVP can afford a chopper to play for Green Bay while his wife plays for Chicago right? I like it, I like the hope, I feel it. Perhaps she can persuade him to play for her team and what a hero it would make her to her friends and family. I feel like he is the kind of guy who is an actual hero to many, practically a God. And what that would mean to put her first and give her some adoration and hero status to share with him. Happy Valentines Day Honey!! Can you imagine if we signed him on Valentines Day in Chicago?!! Go get her Watt!! (Goldman/Watt/Hicks rotation...I say yes to that!)

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My apologies, I was wrong! I initially thought Watt would be expecting to be paid some money
the whole wife Chicago thing, no need to pay him

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
In no way am I interested in getting rid of Hicks to make room for Watt . Our defense wasn't the same this year when Hicks was out. I think most of the defense centers around him. I think JJ would play for a reduced salary but I also think he's looking to win a Super Bowl and Chicago isn't the type of place for that kind of party. Tampa or Green Bay makes more sense for Watt.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What? why cut Hicks?

2021 cap hits:
Mack- 26.6Mil
Quinn- 14.7Mil
Hicks- 12Mil
Goldman- 7.8Mil

That's 61.1Mil total. Watt's cap hit was supposed to be 17.5Mil this year. Even if you manuever money to have Mack and Hicks' caps lowered and bring JJ Watt in at a lower number, you're probably still looking at 55-60Mil of the 180M cap tied to the front 5, and 4 of the 5 will be over 30. Then when Goldman's number goes up next year and you've pushed the old guy's money into the future, you're eventually looking at 70-80Mil for now just 4 players. Oh and if all 5 of these guys are on the field, your youngest and best DL player from 2020 is on the bench. Oh and Nichols' is in the last year of his deal too, so you'll have to pay him to stay or lose him and just go full geriatric front.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We already have the highest paid defense in the league.

Our offense sucks.

I am not sure what pouting more resources into the defense is going to do?
Definitely a lot of pouting going on around here these days.

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
people that call other people meatballs = actually meatballs

are meatballs worse than trolls, or are trolls worse than meatballs? and are the two mutually exclusive OR can one be both a meatball AND a troll? and if so, which one takes precedence over the other? which one would be the "dominant trait" (so to speak), in that scenario? Is there a hard and fast rule which we can employ when solving that dilemma, or is it all soooo idiosyncratic?

mecha

Liked Posts:
are meatballs worse than trolls, or are trolls worse than meatballs? and are the two mutually exclusive OR can one be both a meatball AND a troll? and if so, which one takes precedence over the other? which one would be the "dominant trait" (so to speak), in that scenario? Is there a hard and fast rule which we can employ when solving that dilemma, or is it all soooo idiosyncratic?

don't think too hard about this or blood will shoot out your nose. tune in next time for more of my life tips.