Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Watt would make a killing with making money in chicago, bears could go cheap for watt's contract money knowing that Watt will be all over our local channels out here in CHI/Chicagoland's media market.

It's not like Bears are gonna do it big in 2021 anyways.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There was some rumor from a year ago that Mack, Watt and Donald had a LeBron James-esque plan to all end up in Chicago, because they wanted to play together and try to rival the Bears 85 team.

Sounded entirely silly to me. But if Watt ends up in Chicago somehow, I may have to rethink it.

Donald, by the way, has an out in his massive contract after the 2021 season concludes...

Like I said, silly, but the framework is there to do it.

I don't envy the cap hell that will follow if they do something like this though...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So are the Bears signing Kealia Watt's husband or nah?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Steelers are going to be rebuilding this year. Doubt if Watt goes there. Sad to say GB looks like the most likely destination. For a lower contract, a DL of Hicks, Goldman, Watts with Mack and Quinn on the edges sure would look nice.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'm betting he wants to be closer to his wife. GB or Chicago. Probably GB.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for the Super team defense posts, THIS IS THE NFL, NOT THE NBA!!!

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why the hell would he come here
I don't think he would. How did you even infer that being the meaning of my post.

Im guessing #1 choice is the Packers if they will take him.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't think he would. How did you even infer that being the meaning of my post.

Im guessing #1 choice is the Packers if they will take him.

Who's high now pothead. I'll be a monkey's uncle if he is ever a Packer.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
He wants to win tho....

The Steelers began the year 11-0 lol. Until they got bit with injuries on defense and their aging QB got exposed a bit.

Can he win a ring in Pittsburgh? Not sure. But they are for sure a playoff caliber team. More-so than the Bears unfortunately lol.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Steelers began the year 11-0 lol. Until they got bit with injuries on defense and their aging QB got exposed a bit.

Can he win a ring in Pittsburgh? Not sure. But they are for sure a playoff caliber team. More-so than the Bears unfortunately lol.
I have no thoughts he would go to the Bears...

You think Ben is going to have a resurgence in 21?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I have no thoughts he would go to the Bears...

You think Ben is going to have a resurgence in 21?

I think he’s either going to be amazing or absolutely terrible and benched, there’s never an in-between with that guy.

I think I’m just talking myself into hoping he doesn’t go to GB lol

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
why would the person making 20 million per year move to accomodate the one make 50K

He could start a team in Houston and make her the star with his salary

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
View attachment 10334

1 year ago on Monday, Kealia and JJ Watt were married in the Bahamas. She has been playing professional soccer for a full year for the NWSL Chicago Red Stars and planting her roots here in Chicago. JJ has expressed interest in starting a family which is obviously hard to do being half a country apart. It's not surprising he asked for his release so he could come to Chicago to be with his wife full time and start his family. There are no other reasons that he would decide to leave his 2nd home in Houston with all of the charity work he does there.

Obviously this would have been better if the Bears were getting Watt from 2016, but he would still be a great addition to this defense that could desperately use another pass rusher.

I for one am actually pretty excited as long as he can stay healthy.

Depends on whom you ask, I suspect:

The Green Bay Packers signing All-Pro defensive lineman J.J. Watt is the "most likely'' scenario for the just-released former Houston Texans All-Pro, a source close to the situation tells TexansDaily.com.

A league source has informed Packer Central that Green Bay - coming off back-to-back losses in NFC Championship Games and therefore in "one-player-away'' mode - is among the teams planning a pursuit of the NFL's three-time Defensive Player of the Year.

J.J. Watt To Green Bay Packers? Source Reveals Likelihood Of NFL 'Homecoming' - Sports Illustrated Houston Texans News, Analysis and More

Time will tell.