All Things Carlos Zambrano Discussion Thread

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Can he pitch? yes. when he isnt fighting himself, and well others.

Look at the managers during the issues he has had.

Old man pinella who was just a fucking moron at the tail end of his baseball time, and fucking mike quade. Both idiot managers that cannot control a damn thing. He needs a manager that is going to control him.

His issues actually started during the Baker era, not Pinella era. And Pinella actually got him pitching well after the Barrett incident. Pinella may have been slipping slowly into senility while he was here but he did lead the team to its first ever back to back division championships so he wasn't a total 'fucking moron' as you put.

And believe me, Ozzie will not change Z. No one will. He is who is. A dominant pitcher when under control, & an utterly, frustrating baby when things don't go right.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
There something wrong with taking six years to finish college?

There's nothing wrong with it, but it's in reference to the Joe Ricketts video where he clearly implies, hell I think he even stated, that his son Tom was messing around & not going to class. He may or may not be dumb, but those comments made it appear that he wasn't particularly serious about school because daddy owned the company so getting a degree was just a formality. That is something I cannot stand.

And the point was Cuban is a self-made man, whereas Ricketts is a trust fund baby, & I'm always hesitant to trust anyone who's grown up like that to understand the workings of the real world.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing people seem to be neglecting at this point and the reason why this instance might be the last straw is the declining performance of Carlos Zambrano. For only the second time in the past 7 or 8 years his k/9 is under 7 and his velocity has been on a steady decline since when he was truly a dominant pitcher. Right or wrong I think the Cubs would be a lot more willing to deal with this if he was pitching like he was in 2007 and 2008, but when you are underperforming you no longer are allowed to be a headcase as well.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
The thing people seem to be neglecting at this point and the reason why this instance might be the last straw is the declining performance of Carlos Zambrano. For only the second time in the past 7 or 8 years his k/9 is under 7 and his velocity has been on a steady decline since when he was truly a dominant pitcher. Right or wrong I think the Cubs would be a lot more willing to deal with this if he was pitching like he was in 2007 and 2008, but when you are underperforming you no longer are allowed to be a headcase as well.

Understandable, but I'm old school. Even if Z was still dominant, there's simply no way I would put up with his antics if I was running the team. It's about respect, not just for your employers & teammates, but the fans & the game of baseball itself. After more than half a decade of this crap, he still doesn't get this. He's made comments that he doesn't understand the suspension. This guy is on a planet of his own. If he can't understand what he did wrong, he never will.

Honestly I put alot of the blame on the jellyfish in the locker room. Soriano implied in his comments that people are afraid of him cause he's big. I can tell you if I was a player in that lockerroom, Z & I would've tusselled a long, long time ago. I don't care how big he is. Bruce Lee was 5'6" & was the baddest mofo on the planet when he was alive. The Cubs players are a bunch of tampons.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the last guy to tussle with Z didn't fare so well physically and was then traded away...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Z was a good pitcher..but i do agree he was on the decline and he is more bark than bite now

it was probably time to go

that doesnt take away from the fact that the cubs need some help now pitching tho..demp and garza..and then what?

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Well the last guy to tussle with Z didn't fare so well physically and was then traded away...

That was a sucker punch. Barrett was in the middle of talking & Z just punched him. I really, really wished that teammates didn't hold D Lee back when they got into it. I'm sure Lee would've gotten some pretty good licks in.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
zambrano was a damn good pitcher let's not forget that

but it's sad to let his head get in the way of everything as it always seems to

dont let the door hit ya

I don't care if he's Cy Young himself, a guy with an attitude like that who is constantly bringing detrimental controversy to your team is a cancer to the clubhouse and for team morale. When it gets to this point, his on-field production is a moot point.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This just in: Sammy Sosa says Big Z shouldn't retire because 'the money is too good.'

The guy is a diva. They should have traded his ass away a long time ago

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breaking News:Carlos Zambrano Cleans Out Locker, Walks Out

What's all this talk about Guillen coming to the Cubs? Did I miss something?

J

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
What's all this talk about Guillen coming to the Cubs? Did I miss something?

J

It's actually Z going to the Marlins to play with Guillen next year or with the Sox if Ozzie is back.

Guillen is not coming to the Cubs if he's let go. He will be in South Beach faster than he can give Alex Rios his daily cornholing.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's actually Z going to the Marlins to play with Guillen next year or with the Sox if Ozzie is back.

Guillen is not coming to the Cubs if he's let go. He will be in South Beach faster than he can give Alex Rios his daily cornholing.

Maybe Ozzie should limit the cornholing to once a week. His performance may improve as an extra incentive. :lol:

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Maybe Ozzie should limit the cornholing to once a week. His performance may improve as an extra incentive. :lol:

Well it doesn't seem to have helped Dunn at all.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was a sucker punch. Barrett was in the middle of talking & Z just punched him. I really, really wished that teammates didn't hold D Lee back when they got into it. I'm sure Lee would've gotten some pretty good licks in.

Barrett later confronted Z in the lockeroom as well and it didn't go so well for Barrett.

Derrek Lee might have been a different story though...

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Barrett later confronted Z in the lockeroom as well and it didn't go so well for Barrett.

Not sure what Barrett said or did in the lockerroom (maybe he tried to take Z's banky from him). Either way I was fully 100% behind him, even if I did think he was an awful catcher.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure what Barrett said or did in the lockerroom (maybe he tried to take Z's banky from him). Either way I was fully 100% behind him, even if I did think he was an awful catcher.

Well Piniella never really cared for Barrett so the incident with Z was pretty easy to blame on Barrettfrom the Cubs management perspective. Worked out for the best in the long run since Soto turned out to be at least a decent catcher. Anyways the Cubs have done their usual dance when they are about to run a guy out of town so Z won't be here. It is now just a matter if they get anything for him and if they can get out of paying any of that contract.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Well Piniella never really cared for Barrett so the incident with Z was pretty easy to blame on Barrettfrom the Cubs management perspective. Worked out for the best in the long run since Soto turned out to be at least a decent catcher. Anyways the Cubs have done their usual dance when they are about to run a guy out of town so Z won't be here. It is now just a matter if they get anything for him and if they can get out of paying any of that contract.

I think you said earlier "If Hendry can trade Bradley, he can trade Z" and I agree. I think we will get something for him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you said earlier "If Hendry can trade Bradley, he can trade Z" and I agree. I think we will get something for him.
I did, and that is why I find it hard to believe that if the Cubs can't work out some sort of favorable "buyout" (more likely spreading the money owed Z over a long period of time) they will trade him. They will just put him on the restricted list like they did last year until they can move him once they can no longer keep him on the disqualified list.