All Things Carlos Zambrano Discussion Thread

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
part of the reason i thought the dirk castro comparison was odd is because basketball and baseball are barely comparable...

completely different based games...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
part of the reason i thought the dirk castro comparison was odd is because basketball and baseball are barely comparable...

completely different based games...
Both were all stars when they were young.

For the 5th time tonight, only reason I compare Cuban and Ricketts, is because Cuban and Ricketts both had interest in buying the Cubs. :hitler:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
again, i understand that, and im not refuting cuban's success in basketball or anything, i think he's a great owner

but having dirk on an NBA like the mavs is a completely different scenario than Castro on the cubs..

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
again, i understand that, and im not refuting cuban's success in basketball or anything, i think he's a great owner

but having dirk on an NBA like the mavs is a completely different scenario than Castro on the cubs..
Both were young all-stars is the only point I'm trying to make. :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both were young all-stars is the only point I'm trying to make. :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke:
:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

That they were, so what does that have to do with the ownership?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That they were, so what does that have to do with the ownership?

very little...because the situations are overall different because they are in different sports

maybe he's trying to imply that cuban would be working with another great young talent piece around a supporting cast...but frankly i dont see the connection

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
very little...because the situations are overall different because they are in different sports

maybe he's trying to imply that cuban would be working with another great young talent piece around a supporting cast...but frankly i dont see the connection
Make one factual remark and I get ripped to shreds :rolleyes:

I frankly don't see how anyone can support Jim Hendry here, but someone has 3000 posts defending him.

185609_1847528275011_1444824456_32006305_395918_n.jpg

The clown is wearing the green shirt :smoke:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make one factual remark and I get ripped to shreds :rolleyes:

I frankly don't see how anyone can support Jim Hendry here, but someone has 3000 posts defending him.

185609_1847528275011_1444824456_32006305_395918_n.jpg

The clown is wearing the green shirt :smoke:

where did you get the pic of CO?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the animosity over not trading Baker. They would've gotten nothing good in return for him, so why trade him?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't hate Ozzie or Sammy. Ozzie can be rather nutty at times, but it's almost always with a purpose. Sammy would showboat now & then, & had the horrible corked bat incident, but he always loved the game & loved the fans, even when they turned on him.

Zambrano is different. It started in 2005 when he became the defacto #1 when Wood & Prior went down. He got ejected from the Opening Day game (starting a 3yr streak of pitiful game 1 performances), got "Chat Room" Elbow, beat up his catcher, beat up Gatorade coolers, constantly showed up his teammates while on the mound, went after D Lee (one of my fave Cubs), & now this. I'm sure I've even missed several other incidents. Simply, there's never been much of a reason for me to like this guy other than pure statistics. Honestly I'm more embarrassed that this petulant man-child will forever be in Cubs History than I am of Sammy being an all-time great or Ozzie for the Sox.
Zambrano just comes across as a child. He got ejected in Atlanta, picked up his ball and left. Now, because the Cubs have apparently taken his threat as serious he wants to be a Cub for life. He made his bed, he has to live with the consequences.

Fuck this guy.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the animosity over not trading Baker. They would've gotten nothing good in return for him, so why trade him?

I think it was more that word got out he UNTOUCHABLE. Dont say that a backup IF is untouchable. If they didnt get something they like then just so no.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it was more that word got out he UNTOUCHABLE. Dont say that a backup IF is untouchable. If they didnt get something they like then just so no.

exactly...you dont make players untouchable unless they actually benefit the team to the point where they shouldnt be traded by any point(castro is a good example)

pena and baker shouldnt be called untouchable because they dont have trade value..thats contradictory

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
zambrano was a damn good pitcher let's not forget that

but it's sad to let his head get in the way of everything as it always seems to

dont let the door hit ya

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
zambrano was a damn good pitcher let's not forget that

but it's sad to let his head get in the way of everything as it always seems to

dont let the door hit ya

He'll snap it in half with his leg :lol:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
•Cubs players Kerry Wood and Reed Johnson were claimed on waivers and pulled back, reports Stark. Carlos Pena has yet to be placed on waivers, but the Cubs may not be motivated to move him.

I understand Wood but Why wouldnt they try to get something for Johnson and Pena. About just 1 month left and might as well get some bodies for guys that might not be back next year. Again dont want to bring back same team

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the issue is that the team that claimed Johnson might not have offered anything for Johnson, and since he makes nothing the Cubs figured they ought to keep him for the better odds of bringing him back next year (which wouldn't be a bad thing if Quade would use him correctly). Pena is interesting because the Cubs could be waiting for a team to get lower in the standings in order to make a deal, but it is also possible that Pena was put on waivers and similar situation happened. We don't know every detail about who is and isn't put on waivers and who claimed them. So unforunately this is a situation where we really don't have enough info to know if the Cubs were right or wrong.

Shawon_Dunston

Liked Posts:

daddies3angels is right. Why in the world is a 30 year old bench player untouchable? He can be replaced. He is not putting the Cubs up over the top as a contender, in addition to spots on the 40-man will become a premium in the offseason.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
interesting take from hollandsworth, he believes that zambrano will be going to the marlins if guillen takes over that team next year. i think both sides of town will be happy with that.

LOL That would be ridiculous. Can you imagine what would happen if Z pulled this shit on a Guillen coached team? You could kiss their friendship goodbye.