All Things Theo/Ricketts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But it wasn't a player that Theo brought in or a player under 25 years of age so you and your buddies shit all over it.
How did I shit all over Soriano?

Please cite posts?

You're making shit up again.

Yes the major league team has shown a modest improvement in wins at the major league level.
Yep.

Your argument is useless then.

So seeing as most of the improvement in record is due to players who will only be here short term, how is that truly building to this mythical long term sustained success that is right around the corner?

I never said it was right around the corner. Not sure why you are asking me that.

Are you talking to those "people" that don't post here?

I don't know why you keep expecting people on this board to answer for things we haven't said.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes the major league team has shown a modest improvement in wins at the major league level. Most of that improvement is due to players who likely will be no longer be a part of the franchise in 1 to 2 years like Garza, Soriano, Feldman is already traded away, Scheirholz etc.

So seeing as most of the improvement in record is due to players who will only be here short term, how is that truly building to this mythical long term sustained success that is right around the corner?

If this is the case, then why are you worried about the Cubs trading away Feldman and potentially dealing Scheirholtz and Soriano when they won't be here when the "winning starts to happen"? Again -- you're asking the Cubs to improve the major league roster and win more games at the major league level. They're doing both. Their record is better, they acquired players VIA free agency last year. And the fact that they're able to flip players AND STILL IMPROVE AT THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEVEL, you're still complaining about it?

I..... i just don't understand.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

No you clearly don't.

I have asked that players be brought in for 4-5 year deals that will help the ball club improve for more than 1/2 a season before they are traded off for a lottery ticket.

You clearly think that taking one step forward and three steps back is moving in the right direction.

You can't be helped.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No you clearly don't.

I have asked that players be brought in for 4-5 year deals that will help the ball club improve for more than 1/2 a season before they are traded off for a lottery ticket.

You clearly think that taking one step forward and three steps back is moving in the right direction.

You can't be helped.

Like who?

Wasn't Edwin Jackson brought in on a 4 year deal? Why do you hate him?

:andruw:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this is the case, then why are you worried about the Cubs trading away Feldman and potentially dealing Scheirholtz and Soriano when they won't be here when the "winning starts to happen"? Again -- you're asking the Cubs to improve the major league roster and win more games at the major league level. They're doing both. Their record is better, they acquired players VIA free agency last year. And the fact that they're able to flip players AND STILL IMPROVE AT THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEVEL, you're still complaining about it?

I get it. The Cubs should be improving their major league roster both short and long term by bringing in FA's on 4-5 year deals but not trading away players with short term deals for long term talent. Also, they should keep signing and developing the minors.

The Cubs organizational roster should be roughly 1,500 players.

How don't you get this?

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I get it. The Cubs should be improving their major league roster both short and long term by bringing in FA's on 4-5 year deals but not trading away players with short term deals for long term talent. Also, they should keep signing and developing the minors.

How don't you get this?

:lol:

They can't be "lottery ticket" players in the minors, either. Just players that have a high floor and a higher ceiling.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

They are sellers. Bigtime. Outside of not losing 100 games is that really improvement?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

How don't you get this?

Well outside of your kindergarten maturity level temper tantrum exaggeration, this is basically what at least 25 of the other 30 major league teams do.

Sorry that is too difficult to understand or unreasonable to expect the Cubs to do the same according to the troll pack and mods that protect them.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
5.11 ERA

Troll on

BUT THEY GAVE HIM A LONG TERM DEAL LIKE YOU WANTED!

But cool.

The Cubs should only give long term deal if the player end up playing well in retrospect.

Good stuff.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well outside of your kindergarten maturity level temper tantrum exaggeration, this is basically what at least 25 of the other 30 major league teams do.

Sorry that is too difficult to understand or unreasonable to expect the Cubs to do the same according to the troll pack and mods that protect them.

So other teams don't trade away players on shorter term deals for longer term talent?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

How don't you get this?

:lol:

They can't be "lottery ticket" players in the minors, either. Just players that have a high floor and a higher ceiling.

5.11 ERA

Troll on

I'd like to amend my plan to include the invention of a time machine so the Cubs can properly evaluate their player signings before they make them.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I'd like to amend my plan to include the invention of a time machine so the Cubs can properly evaluate their player signings before they make them.

If you need a time machine to figure out that Edwin Jackson sucks.

You are wasting everyone's time attempting to talk baseball.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Egads. The Angels are screwed, imho.

I'd take an offensive core of Trout/Kendrick/Hamilton/Pujols/Trumbo/Callaspo and whoever else they want to throw out there compared to anything the Cubs currently have. Their real issue is the #4 and 5 starters and their middle relief. Joe Blanton makes Edwin Jackson look like Bob Gibson and Tommy Hanson is certainly still dealing with whatever arm issues were plaguing him last year. And while Ernestro Frieri has pitched well, he's kind of miscast as a closer. Him and Scott Downs are just fine, but outside of them, the Angels really have nothing. That's what'll truly end up being their downfall.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd take an offensive core of Trout/Kendrick/Hamilton/Pujols/Trumbo/Callaspo and whoever else they want to throw out there compared to anything the Cubs currently have. Their real issue is the #4 and 5 starters and their middle relief. Joe Blanton makes Edwin Jackson look like Bob Gibson and Tommy Hanson is certainly still dealing with whatever arm issues were plaguing him last year. And while Ernestro Frieri has pitched well, he's kind of miscast as a closer. Him and Scott Downs are just fine, but outside of them, the Angels really have nothing. That's what'll truly end up being their downfall.
You're probably correct there. I didn't necessarily mean for this season. The contract they gave Pujols is going to bite them in a couple of years tops, imho. It's painful watching him try to work around his plantar fasciitis issue. It has to bug him at the plate, too, not just running around the bases.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Cubs should have signed Pujols and Hamilton instead.

I love the long term signing of Rizzo, Castro, and the solid number five starter in Edwin Jackson who happens to be the highest paid pitcher for the Mighty Epstein being held so dearly to his chest.

Nice core developing here without the distraction of Marie Whitney's twat all over Boy Blunder's fingers. Can't wait to find out who else comes aboard for a cheap flip while hanging on to prospective hope. It sure seems like things will get turned around soon while Garza will get peddled for even more garbage.

Looking forward when every year the goal is to win the World Series or at least try to make the playoffs.

Looking forward to hear about the company hired to market the new Cubs slogan for 2014.

Looking forward to prospect rankings delievered by the experts.

Looking forward to the high priced teenagers, in Neverland South, that will probably never make it as far north as Chicago in their lives and may undoubtedly eat better than the ones on the forever changing ML roster.

Theo lovers are still taking the big dick sugar pills that do not work because the label says they do and millions of other smart people claim that it in fact does work.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love the long term signing of Rizzo, Castro, and the solid number five starter in Edwin Jackson who happens to be the highest paid pitcher for the Mighty Epstein being held so dearly to his chest.

Nice core developing here without the distraction of Marie Whitney's twat all over Boy Blunder's fingers. Can't wait to find out who else comes aboard for a cheap flip while hanging on to prospective hope. It sure seems like things will get turned around soon while Garza will get peddled for even more garbage.

Looking forward when every year the goal is to win the World Series or at least try to make the playoffs.

Looking forward to hear about the company hired to market the new Cubs slogan for 2014.

Looking forward to the high priced teenagers, in Neverland South, that will probably never make it as far north as Chicago in their lives and may undoubtedly eat better than the ones on the forever changing ML roster.

Theo lovers are still taking the big dick sugar pills that do not work because the label says they do and millions of other smart people claim that it in fact does work.

I'm not sure I understand how you really feel?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

e2e91c4c-ce2f-44ed-a117-18655011f8c7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.