All Things Theo/Ricketts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why did you jump in to this thread? What are you adding to the discussion? You seemingly do nothing but bad-mouth whomever disagrees with KBIB/Patq...you are like the Cowboy Bob Orton to their Piper/Orndorff. Its INCREDIBLY lame.

Roddy+Piper.jpg

RORY!

YOU SUCK!

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Self-defined brilliance is what the Cubs forum thrives on. Everyone's a genius, and if you don't agree w/ them, you're an idiot.

and yeah, it's a little funny that you spelled "brilliance" wrong. :lol:

:fap:

I'll start sentences, repeatedly, using lower cased letters from now on instead ?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
For the umpteenth time, who are all these people saying that in 1.5 years and 2 offseasons there are already enough pieces added to the system to provide the long term sustained success? If this question can't be responded to, then what is the point of KBIB,Patq007, and Parade_Rain complaints? They are complaining about something that was never said in the first place.
Fallacious post.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This "sustained success" is Epstein's plan. Not "all these people".

Still waiting for the pieces that will take us along the "rewarding journey".

Too bad Boy Blunder has only three years left on his contract. It appears he'll need much more time at this rate, but we do have Edwin Jackson.

Let's hope he gets more time. He's been doing such a fantastic job and let's not forget that this season was dedicated to "fan committment" which I believe trumps last years slogan of the "Cubs Way".

I always seem to forget about the product on the field knowing that they are trying so hard to win.

Well, considering that "all these pieces" that'll take us on this "rewarding journey" are generally not old enough to buy themselves a beer yet, I'd wager that it'll take a bit more time for them to be ready to have meaningful contributions at the major league level. Not every prospect is Mike Trout, Bryce Harper or Manny Machado. On top of that, you should probably direct your attention to the standings -- the Cubs have an improved record over last season at the All-Star break. It's a small improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

All of the "worthless signings" that Theo and Hoyer made have contributed to this improvement. So, are we knocking on the door to compete for a World Series yet? No. But have we improved at the Major League level all while sustaining growth in the minors, drafted well, AND made an impact in the international players pool? Yes. I'd say that's a success. Unfortunately, you're too dense to actually look at the standings and draw the conclusion that we have, in fact, improved. I thought all you guys cared about was Ws at the major league level. If that's your barometer of success, then Theo and Jed are doing their jobs -- we're better than we were last year. And you guys said it yourselves -- it's all that matters.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
IS THIS FOR REAL????

True, sincere question....IS THIS FOR REAL??????
For the umpteenth time, who are all these people saying that in 1.5 years and 2 offseasons there are already enough pieces added to the system to provide the long term sustained success?

Who are all these people saying that signing Edwin Jackson to a four year deal and trading Matt Garza away for prospects will provide long term sustained success ?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who are all these people saying that signing Edwin Jackson to a four year deal and trading Matt Garza away for prospects will provide long term sustained success ?

Nobody said that -- you're just living in a fantasy land where you pretend that somebody posted it.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is still going? Good god, the KB brain trust can't even provide any facts, why are we wasting our times?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thread is still going? Good god, the KB brain trust can't even provide any facts, why are we wasting our times?

It's constant moving goal posts. The minor league building didn't matter because the Cubs weren't improving at the MLB level with wins. Now the Cubs are improving at the MLB level with wins and the minor league stuff still doesn't matter because the Cubs at somepoint might have been able to sign Shin Soo Choo for a couple seasons or something.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Ruh roh. You just flipped that around on the Sparrow clan. Awesome. 100% facts on their part.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's constant moving goal posts. The minor league building didn't matter because the Cubs weren't improving at the MLB level with wins. Now the Cubs are improving at the MLB level with wins and the minor league stuff still doesn't matter because the Cubs at somepoint might have been able to sign Shin Soo Choo for a couple seasons or something.

Because we all know that locking down one player for $15 million a season is going to be the page-turner that the franchise needs in order to reach the promised land. Let's look back through history at all the World Series winners and check out how many of them were spearheaded by one and only one player. BRB, time to check Baseball-Reference....

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:fap:

I'll start sentences, repeatedly, using lower cased letters from now on instead ?

hahaha
Listen friend, I just pointed out irony. You're the last person on this board that needs to be pointing out spelling/grammar/sentence structure/capitalization/all things literary errors.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
hahaha
Listen friend, I just pointed out irony. You're the last person on this board that needs to be pointing out spelling/grammar/sentence structure/capitalization/all things literary errors.

im a english major pops, WATCH ouT!1111111111

Reactions: X

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What are you talking about? What was flipped around on my clan? I need to know these things now, since I'm apparently in charge.

My question was to the KBIB group, who were complaining that "people" were saying that "in 1.5 years and 2 offseasons there are already enough pieces added to the system to provide the long term sustained success"...your response was to say "Ruh roh. You just flipped that around on the Sparrow clan. Awesome. 100% facts on their part."

Not really following.
So what you're saying is that when someone posts up Rory Sparrow-style, it's hard to follow. Sparrow-style is not founded on accuracy as much as an embellishment of another poster's stated position.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Now the Cubs are improving at the MLB level with wins and the minor league stuff still doesn't matter because the Cubs at somepoint might have been able to sign Shin Soo Choo for a couple seasons or something.

100% as usual.

I started a thread pointing out how Soriano has helped the team to it's best stretch of the season to date.

But it wasn't a player that Theo brought in or a player under 25 years of age so you and your buddies shit all over it.

Yes the major league team has shown a modest improvement in wins at the major league level. Most of that improvement is due to players who likely will be no longer be a part of the franchise in 1 to 2 years like Garza, Soriano, Feldman is already traded away, Scheirholz etc.

So seeing as most of the improvement in record is due to players who will only be here short term, how is that truly building to this mythical long term sustained success that is right around the corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.