All Things Theo/Ricketts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
It is time to simply cut ties with him. PERIOD!

Eat his salary if they have to, create another roster spot, and move forward.

I don't believe they were sacrificing the season by keeping him, I believe they were trying to catch lightning in a bottle hoping he could duplicate his 2nd half performance last year and actually pitch 3 months of baseball so they could have a chance to net something......anything. It obviously has not worked.

It's time to let some of the AAA people get a chance in the bullpen after the deadline.

What I do believe is they are sacrificing the season and wins in general by not learning from their mistakes and have kept marching him out to the mound.

I agree. Enough is enough already.

They DFA Loe and Burnett and we have to watch Marmol pitch ?

Where's the young Chris Carpenter, that can throw a hundred miles an hour, that was compensation for Boy Blunder ?

Give him a shot. The last I heard he was DFA by the Red Sox to make room for Mike Napoli and is healthy and available.

He didn't have any success with Red Sox but showed some promise with the short stint at the majors with the Cubs.

He's only 27 years old, which would bring out some of the hard-ons for cheap and youthful players, on a budget.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
What I do believe is they are sacrificing the season and wins in general by not learning from their mistakes and have kept marching him out to the mound.

I agree. Enough is enough already.

They DFA Loe and Burnett and we have to watch Marmol pitch ?

Where's the young Chris Carpenter, that can throw a hundred miles an hour, that was compensation for Boy Blunder ?

Give him a shot. The last I heard he was DFA by the Red Sox to make room for Mike Napoli and is healthy and available.

He didn't have any success with Red Sox but showed some promise with the short stint at the majors with the Cubs.

He's only 27 years old, which would bring out some of the hard-ons for cheap and youthful players, on a budget.

Well, first off, the Cubs completely botched the Dan Haren deal. This wouldn't even be a topic of discussion and should be Anaheims problem.

I would rather have an average Dan Haren who could be tossed into long relief at some point of the season versus a set up man who seems to be only able to set up the Cubs to fail.

I believe that they are incrementally winning a few more games to buy more time. As long as Cubs fans see ANY progression, they will keep the fan base strong enough until they are ready to commit and/or contend..........whenever that will be.

Look for them to add a marquee positional player this off-season, and then they will bring in some new pitching blood to throw against the wall. It's hard to stomach, but that has been the MO as of late.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Well, first off, the Cubs completely botched the Dan Haren deal. This wouldn't even be a topic of discussion and should be Anaheims problem.

I would rather have an average Dan Haren who could be tossed into long relief at some point of the season versus a set up man who seems to be only able to set up the Cubs to fail.

I believe that they are incrementally winning a few more games to buy more time. As long as Cubs fans see ANY progression, they will keep the fan base strong enough until they are ready to commit and/or contend..........whenever that will be.

Look for them to add a marquee positional player this off-season, and then they will bring in some new pitching blood to throw against the wall. It's hard to stomach, but that has been the MO as of late.

LOL. Very well stated.

Not so sure what marquee means as it relates to the Cubs. Someone like Mark Reynolds would have been good enough to have signed this past offseason to play third base as we have discussed in the past.

Mark Reynolds could have been defined as marquee considering he was a "six milion dollar man".

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
What did Command Central truely expect to get in a return for him ? If Haren's supposed minor injuries were a concern, then why did they trade for Vizcaino, sign Baker, and trade for an injured Ian Stewart ?

Exactly.

The #TheoSlurpfest falls all over themselves apologizing for the botched trade to Anaheim because of Haren's supposed poor medical records while ignoring the fact that Washington had no problems paying him $13M this year with the same medicals.

Then they turn right around and :fap: all over what great additions Vizcaino and Baker are who have yet to even throw a pitch for the Cubs organization.

Ridiculous.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Mark Reynolds could have been defined as marquee considering he was a "six milion dollar man".

The same Mark Reynolds who likely would be criticized by the #TheoSpankFest as being a poor addition to the team despite the fact he currently has a higher OPS than the greatest 1B in the history of the franchise, Anthony Rizzo.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
All i have to say is 1 name to tell you that Theo sucks

EDWIN JACKSON

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
LOL. Very well stated.

Not so sure what marquee means as it relates to the Cubs. Someone like Mark Reynolds would have been good enough to have signed this past offseason to play third base as we have discussed in the past.

I really feel they could make a strong play for Choo. That in itself would be huge. He just fits everything the Cubs need to move forward in my opinion and his stats are impressive whether it be running, Avg., OBP, Power, and so on.

Doubt they go after Cano, but a few of the commons I think would be Corey Hart, Michael Morse, and David Murphy. Not stellar but something.

The Cubs are going to have approx. 25 million to spend. Even if they extend Garza, he won't get that much more in his 1st year of his contract, and all of that money won't go to replace Feldman because they will throw another short term contract out there and hope he succeeds.

I can see them adding someone like Choo, maybe David Murphy also(who was drafted by Theo I believe), a medium pitcher with a little upside like Baker or bringing Paul Maholm back, and some more odds and ends in the bullpen. That would be 25-30 million right there give or take.

I think fans want to see a little something added on the offense this offseason. I know I do.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
And I would much rather have Rizzo over Cash. Never jumped on his bandwagon.

I would rather have Cashner AND an average to above average 1B over just Rizzo.

Like the TV commercials say, And is better than or.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would rather have Cashner AND an average to above average 1B over just Rizzo.

Like the TV commercials say, And is better than or.

You would defend never making that move even if Prince Fielder had diabetes and stopped playing in 2 years, and Cashners arm fell off half way through next season. Rizzo>Cashner. You can bunch Cash and Fielder together.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
You would defend never making that move even if Prince Fielder had diabetes and stopped playing in 2 years, and Cashners arm fell off half way through next season. Rizzo>Cashner. You can bunch Cash and Fielder together.

And you will continue to defend the move even if Rizzo continues to be nothing more than an average at best 1B.

You fail to understand the concept of building involves actually ADDING pieces. Not just exchanging one piece for another.

You have the concept of 'or' down pretty well.

Maybe at your college they can teach you about the concepts of 'Both' as well as 'and'.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you will continue to defend the move even if Rizzo continues to be nothing more than an average at best 1B.

You fail to understand the concept of building involves actually ADDING pieces. Not just exchanging one piece for another.

You have the concept of 'or' down pretty well.

Maybe at your college they can teach you about the concepts of 'Both' as well as 'and'.

I'd say someone could teach you something as well, but I doubt anyone can with how often you sit in a room and drink by yourself. Rizzo is probably the best player on the team this year, that must be so average huh? Cashner isn't exactly living up to a #2 pitcher. If Rizzo busts and Cashner busts there is nothing to defends, it's called a wash. Right now though, we've won that deal by a lot.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I'd say someone could teach you something as well, but I doubt anyone can with how often you sit in a room and drink by yourself. Rizzo is probably the best player on the team this year, that must be so average huh? Cashner isn't exactly living up to a #2 pitcher. If Rizzo busts and Cashner busts there is nothing to defends, it's called a wash. Right now though, we've won that deal by a lot.

This team hasn't won jack shit.

If Rizzo is probably the best player on the team in your eyes I guess there isn't much of a problem afterall.

Must be bad coaching then.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I'd say someone could teach you something as well

Of course there is.

But it isn't you though.

Rizzo is probably the best player on the team this year, that must be so average huh?

Being the best player on a bad team doesn't make you a great player.

The best player on a bad team can be average.

Cashner isn't exactly living up to a #2 pitcher.

Rizzo isn't exactly living up to being an All Star 1B

If Rizzo busts and Cashner busts there is nothing to defends, it's called a wash. Right now though, we've won that deal by a lot.

Not even close to winning by a lot.

A slight edge at best.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course there is.

But it isn't you though.

Being the best player on a bad team doesn't make you a great player.

The best player on a bad team can be average.

Rizzo isn't exactly living up to being an All Star 1B

Not even close to winning by a lot.

A slight edge at best.
He's 23 not like you can expect 40 homers 100 RBI and a .330 average. But whatever, live on in your whole fantasy of us only having an average player that won't amount to squat while Cash is an ace, where ever that crazy world is.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, cause that is exactly what I said I expect.

Moron.

Stick to the insults, makes you looks much more intelligent, no seriously it does. What do you expect? From the way you talk it sounds like Rizzo is batting .210 with 3 HR 15 RBI, and Cashner is 7-1 with with 10 quality starts and a 2.20 era.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Stick to the insults, makes you looks much more intelligent, no seriously it does. What do you expect? From the way you talk it sounds like Rizzo is batting .210 with 3 HR 15 RBI, and Cashner is 7-1 with with 10 quality starts and a 2.20 era.

You are an idiot.

I haven't said anything remotely close to that garbage you just posted.

But stick to the hysterical over-reactions and lies. It makes you look more intelligent, no seriously it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.