Andrew Shaw calls out Justin Bieber for stepping on Blackhawks logo in locker room

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peter Hassen, the Hawks' senior director of market development and community affairs, wrote from his Twitter account that "people need to relax" because "Justin Bieber reaches the same market audience that we will need to be the next Blackhawks fans."

nqeqt5_th.jpg

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
nqeqt5_th.jpg

Peter Hassen, the Hawks' senior director of market development and community affairs, wrote from his Twitter account that "people need to relax" because "Justin Bieber reaches the same market audience that we will need to be the next Blackhawks fans."

9 year old little girls with no taste in music? Who knew? Lol.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a picture of him touching it. Which, since he claims to be a hockey fan, he should know not to touch. Blackhawks are cursed forever now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: Andrew Shaw calls out Justin Bieber for stepping on Blackhawks logo in lockelock

There's a picture of him touching it. Which, since he claims to be a hockey fan, he should know not to touch. Blackhawks are cursed forever now.

Jim Belushi lifted it all on his own... In every way it's worse than this Beiber jumbo

Fucking A on Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Jim Belushi lifted it all on his own... In every way it's worse than this Beiber jumbo

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Yea, fans are "allowed" to touch the Cup. They aren't "allowed" to lift it over their head without the hand of a winner assisting or touching it.

I remember seeing Bieber practice with the TML on the NHL Network a couple years back, figure I would post the video showing he can actually play hockey (atleast on some level - and NHL Network did without the music)
[video=youtube;aV8iUnsXLrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8iUnsXLrM[/video]

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, fans are "allowed" to touch the Cup. They aren't "allowed" to lift it over their head without the hand of a winner assisting or touching it.

I remember seeing Bieber practice with the TML on the NHL Network a couple years back, figure I would post the video showing he can actually play hockey (atleast on some level - and NHL Network did without the music)
[video=youtube;aV8iUnsXLrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8iUnsXLrM[/video]

I'm actually shocked by that video. He has played and he has played for awhile as well. Watch his ankles when he skates, the only thing that strengthens the muscles you use in your ankles when skating....is skating. You do it enough and your ankles get strong enough that there is virtually no difference from walking in Nikes or skating in Tacks.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bieber can die in a fire but it's a stupid tradition anyways.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-justin-bieber-hockey-hero-today-132011823.html

Justin Bieber met the Stanley Cup on Tuesday.

Well, he met it again, actually. In June 2010, the Biebs held – MY GAWD, HELD! – the Stanley Cup at “The Today Show” and no one really cared because that was back when he was an adorable pop tart instead of being Vanilla Ice auditioning for an N.W.A. tribute band.

So now he touches the Cup and baby (baby baby oooh baby) is there a backlash. Mashable claims the image above fueled Internet rage from hockey fans that simply don’t have the technological acumen to do a cursory Internet search and discover Bieber is actually a hockey fan and player, which is something 99.9 percent of celebrities photographed with the Cup can’t say.

But there’s another image of Bieber in the Chicago Blackhawks’ locker room that’s fueling rage, and it’s not the one of his personalized Bieber jersey, which by the way is not a Jersey Foul because it was given to him by the team.

No, it’s this one, via Brandon Newberry:

Yes, that’s Justin Bieber stepping on the Blackhawks logo in the middle of their dressing room while snapping an image of the Cup. That’s Justin Bieber’s designer sneakers, standing firmly on the first and second feather. That’s Justin Bieber, committed to using the Indian as a floor mat.

And we're happy that he did.

Why? BECAUSE NHL TEAMS CONTINUE TO PUT THEIR LOGOS ON THE FLOOR AND EXPECT THEM NOT TO BE STEPPED ON.

For anyone that’s never been in the locker room, here’s the deal: You don’t step on the logo. It's a sign of alleged disrespect. If you do, a player or a PR flack or some other person in need of a hobby will bark at you to walk around it or stand someplace else.

In some places, the logo is actually roped off when the media are swarming the players, like a crime scene. In most cases, there’s a team intern stationed at the logo at all times to protect it, which seriously detracts from their other duties for the team: Doing nothing and getting hit on.

Alas, it’s the summer: Nary an intern sentry to be found. So Justin Bieber is free to plant his lanky frame right on the chief’s noggin.

Again, I’m happy he did. It’s a stupid tradition. “Hey, let’s put a giant thing in the middle of a high-traffic area and not allow people to touch it.” Dummies.

You can argue the sacred reverence of the logo when they stop putting it on dog bowls.

I hope Justin Bieber not only stood on the logo, but Moonwalked on it. Or did some other thing he stole from Michael Jackson.

Today, Justin Bieber is my hockey hero. Like Anne Frank, I beliebe in his magic.Yes, that’s Justin Bieber stepping on the Blackhawks logo in the middle of their dressing room while snapping an image of the Cup. That’s Justin Bieber’s designer sneakers, standing firmly on the first and second feather. That’s Justin Bieber, committed to using the Indian as a floor mat.

And we're happy that he did.

Why? BECAUSE NHL TEAMS CONTINUE TO PUT THEIR LOGOS ON THE FLOOR AND EXPECT THEM NOT TO BE STEPPED ON.

For anyone that’s never been in the locker room, here’s the deal: You don’t step on the logo. It's a sign of alleged disrespect. If you do, a player or a PR flack or some other person in need of a hobby will bark at you to walk around it or stand someplace else.

In some places, the logo is actually roped off when the media are swarming the players, like a crime scene. In most cases, there’s a team intern stationed at the logo at all times to protect it, which seriously detracts from their other duties for the team: Doing nothing and getting hit on.

Alas, it’s the summer: Nary an intern sentry to be found. So Justin Bieber is free to plant his lanky frame right on the chief’s noggin.

Again, I’m happy he did. It’s a stupid tradition. “Hey, let’s put a giant thing in the middle of a high-traffic area and not allow people to touch it.” Dummies.

You can argue the sacred reverence of the logo when they stop putting it on dog bowls.

I hope Justin Bieber not only stood on the logo, but Moonwalked on it. Or did some other thing he stole from Michael Jackson.

Today, Justin Bieber is my hockey hero. Like Anne Frank, I beliebe in his magic.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The outrage of the whole Bieber situation did get annoying. Sure, he broke a code. It appears that Jay Blunk, who's up awful high on the Blackhawks front office totem pole, was in the room at the time of the picture. Should he have said something? Probably. Oh well.

But ... show me a sports tradition that a team holds sacred that doesn't appear stupid from the outside.

I'm fervently against all the people who are casually discarding the idea of team traditions. Fuck that. That's part of what makes sports fun, in my mind. I was part of a (damn good, might I add)high school football team that treated a cow femur like a false idol for 3 months each fall. We went to a graveyard the night before every game; all in the sake of tradition. And those traditions are some of the things I miss most from when I was an actual athlete.

Oh, and as for the argument about the logo being on the floor, this tweet from Patrick Burke (son of former Leafs GM Brian Burke and leader of the You Can Play movement) sums it up real well: The point of the logo tradition is because it's inconvenient. Makes you think about what it stands for every time you're avoiding it.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm fervently against all the people who are casually discarding the idea of team traditions. Fuck that. That's part of what makes sports fun, in my mind. I was part of a (damn good, might I add)high school football team that treated a cow femur like a false idol for 3 months each fall. We went to a graveyard the night before every game; all in the sake of tradition. And those traditions are some of the things I miss most from when I was an actual athlete.
That's great and all but it all sounds blatantly Special person.

The point of the logo tradition is because it's inconvenient. Makes you think about what it stands for every time you're avoiding it.
Special person.

It stands for a team I might hate in 2 years because I'm playing somewhere else.

Stupid shit is stupid.

"You can argue the sacred reverence of the logo when they stop putting it on dog bowls."

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turns out Bieber held the cup a couple days before the Hawks won the cup in 2010.

but standing on the logo is a no-no. That's a rule pretty much everywhere. No matter what school, team, or sport you never step on the big logo. I don't fucking know why, but from my experience that's how it's always been

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The outrage of the whole Bieber situation did get annoying. Sure, he broke a code. It appears that Jay Blunk, who's up awful high on the Blackhawks front office totem pole, was in the room at the time of the picture. Should he have said something? Probably. Oh well.

But ... show me a sports tradition that a team holds sacred that doesn't appear stupid from the outside.

Oh, and as for the argument about the logo being on the floor, this tweet from Patrick Burke (son of former Leafs GM Brian Burke and leader of the You Can Play movement) sums it up real well: The point of the logo tradition is because it's inconvenient. Makes you think about what it stands for every time you're avoiding it.

I agree, it is part of what makes team sports fun. Also, it's not like this is a Blackhawks only thing.... This is league-wide.