Another Winning Season

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a 10-6 , 7-1 collapse, no post season feels like this, what does 7-9 feel like?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If a 10-6 , 7-1 collapse, no post season feels like this, what does 7-9 feel like?

Not nearly as bad, you already know you're out.

DaGunslinger6

Liked Posts:
Some of you are way overly invested in this team! Thanks for the 16 weeks of entertainment, see ya after the draft!

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
You don't win unless you win the Super Bowl, thats winning.

So there is actually another person just like me who thinks that the only win that will ever matter is the one where you win the real chapionship. Not division titles, not going 10-6, not just making the playoffs, but actuallyu winning a championship. Praise the lord.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did we get an elite receiver that set franchise records? Did we watch the Bears win 10 games with no offense/O line? No coaching/game management/adjustments.

Did we win in spite of key injuries, and without any kick/punt returns to speak of? Our special teams was almost as bad as our offense, and we still won more games than we lost. Did the Bears win games in spite of stupidity, lack of talent/scoring, and indoor playing surface?

Yes.

I refuse to feel bad about the '12 season simply because it could/should have been so much worse. We were lucky to win 8.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
So there is actually another person just like me who thinks that the only win that will ever matter is the one where you win the real chapionship. Not division titles, not going 10-6, not just making the playoffs, but actuallyu winning a championship. Praise the lord.

I agree also, but I'd be hard pressed to say it's a failure year if u lose a close game in the SB to a very good team. I know it's SB or bust, just saying.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Did we get an elite receiver that set franchise records? Did we watch the Bears win 10 games with no offense/O line? No coaching/game management/adjustments.

Did we win in spite of key injuries, and without any kick/punt returns to speak of? Our special teams was almost as bad as our offense, and we still won more games than we lost. Did the Bears win games in spite of stupidity, lack of talent/scoring, and indoor playing surface?

Yes.

I refuse to feel bad about the '12 season simply because it could/should have been so much worse. We were lucky to win 8.

Bud, who cares how many games you win if its not good enough to get you into the tournament? I can't even find the right word to express your logic.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears stopped CJ from breaking a record, which he deserves just given the lack of talent around him.

The Bears did about as well as anyone keeping AP from breaking the rushing mark this season, which was crazy close coming off that surgery.

We finished 10-6, limping towards the postseason by winning twice on the road.

It's a winning season in my book. (remembering the 90's helps)
You have to look at the season in 2 halves in which the second half is the far more important and then you see the epic fail of this season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stapler

The 90s were worse, but this is still mediocre.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One team will win it all. (and deserve it)

The rest of the league will suffer like us, but with more injuries, later draft picks, higher prices for everything/everyone, and no more SB trophies than before the year started, like us.

10 and 6 is a winning season by any stretch of the imagination. (check the math if you don't believe me)

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to look at the season in 2 halves in which the second half is the far more important and then you see the epic fail of this season.

Epic? Really? Epic?

Philly was an epic fail. Detroit could be called an epic fail. Carolina failed in an epic way, and what about Kansas City?

Can we really look back and call this Bears' season an "epic fail" when more rookies than ever are lighting up the league and records are being busted all over the place? Really?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
"Under-performing".........?! Playoffs once in six years?! Lovie should submit his resignation letter tomorrow.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was Lovie, tomorrow I would demand an extension/raise.

If I was Emery I'd low ball Lovie just short of insult to hold him off, and get on the phone with Andy Reid.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont ever see anything wrong with perspective. 10-6 and a historic run by a once in a lifetime back put the Bears out. Could have been much worse.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If I was Lovie, tomorrow I would demand an extension/raise.

If I was Emery I'd low ball Lovie just short of insult to hold him off, and get on the phone with Andy Reid.

I'm very glad you are not Lovie or Emery.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Epic? Really? Epic?

Philly was an epic fail. Detroit could be called an epic fail. Carolina failed in an epic way, and what about Kansas City?

Can we really look back and call this Bears' season an "epic fail" when more rookies than ever are lighting up the league and records are being busted all over the place? Really?

None of the teams you've just mentioned started out like we did. Sure, the Eagles and Lions were supposed to be good. This is the biggest meltdown in 22 years qualifying it as an EPIC fail!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
None of the teams you've just mentioned started out like we did. Sure, the Eagles and Lions were supposed to be good. This is the biggest meltdown in 22 years qualifying it as an EPIC fail!

It's actually the biggest melt down in 16 years. As pointed out in other threads, Norv Turner's Redskins in 1996 went 7-1 and ended 9-7.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I dont ever see anything wrong with perspective. 10-6 and a historic run by a once in a lifetime back put the Bears out. Could have been much worse.

It's about how bad we shit the bed, not about how others put us out. Who put us in the position to need outside help?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
From winning the division at 7-1 to 3rd place in the division at 10-6 is not a winning season...

3rd out of 4 teams = LOSER