Another Winning Season

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Epic? Really? Epic?

Philly was an epic fail. Detroit could be called an epic fail. Carolina failed in an epic way, and what about Kansas City?

Can we really look back and call this Bears' season an "epic fail" when more rookies than ever are lighting up the league and records are being busted all over the place? Really?
Yes, I think so. Jumped out to the big 7-1 record with the weak part of the schedule, then went 3-5 to blow that good start to hell. Epic fail, my friend, absolutely epic.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
It's actually the biggest melt down in 16 years. As pointed out in other threads, Norv Turner's Redskins in 1996 went 7-1 and ended 9-7.

Shit, I thought I had read it was someone else in 1990.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
A don't give a fuck about recent history. Any team that relies on another team to win does not deserve to make it in the playoffs. Simple as that. After 7-1 should have put us at ease that we were making the playoffs but instead Lovie lead this team to the second collapse in a row. Fuck you so happy about exactly? About next year? I wouldn't be so happy if I were you as this team is going into full blown rebuild mode next year.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes.

There are no participant ribbons in the NFL.

We should not treat this team like a jv girls volleyball team.
I'd rather have a JV girls volleyball team :cum:

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
None of the teams you've just mentioned started out like we did. Sure, the Eagles and Lions were supposed to be good. This is the biggest meltdown in 22 years qualifying it as an EPIC fail!

Meh, wins against the Colts, Cowboys, Lions, Jags, Titans, Rams, and Panthers were ok. But anybody with eyes could have looked and the other half of the schedule and foreseen issues. It was always going to be tough.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
- Bears Retain Lovie Smith -

Ok not an actual newspaper headline . But if it was .... how would it really make you feel ? Me - I'd just roll my eyes , shake my head , feel like puking , and have NO enthusiasm about next year ( or the future of the Bears in general ) .

If he ain't gone .... prepare for many many more days full of suckage and garbage .

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If I was Lovie, tomorrow I would demand an extension/raise.

If I was Emery I'd low ball Lovie just short of insult to hold him off, and get on the phone with Andy Reid.

andy reid is just black Lovie. It's already been addressed.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Meh, wins against the Colts, Cowboys, Lions, Jags, Titans, Rams, and Panthers were ok. But anybody with eyes could have looked and the other half of the schedule and foreseen issues. It was always going to be tough.

Regardless of opponents, you start 7-1 you find a fucking way in.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had a winning record, not a winning season. You don't have to win the Super Bowl to have a winning season. It takes luck to win the SB, even the best teams get knocked out of the playoffs early but you do have to make the playoffs to have a shot at the SB. I don't ask that the Bears be SB champs every year because that obviously would be unrealistic. I don't think its unrealistic to expect the Bears to have a playoff caliber team at least 50 to 70% of the time. 2006 was the only year under Lovie that I felt this team was a contender and that was before Tommie went down. Fans of the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Packers, 49ers, Falcons, Saints and possibly a couple others feel like they are contenders on a yearly basis even if their teams haven't won a SB recently. Is that to much to ask?

I can't figure out how people think being mediocre is successful.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
andy reid is just black Lovie. It's already been addressed.

"black lovie" or not? Andy Reid might want a year off to just cal the offense, with JC to BM and AJ, with receiving RBs in Forte and Bush. And then we see which coach, Lovie, Reid or Rod Mar (black, white or other) leads us going forward.

If Emery can force an O line in there someplace then we're a shoe-in to win it all, and then lose our coaches to better offers.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"and then lose our coaches to better offers"

Really? Have you seen Lovie's coaching tree lately, it looks alot like Charlie Browns christmas tree.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of opponents, you start 7-1 you find a fucking way in.

Lol I dont know man....they lost some close ones, to some damn good teams. Im not disagreeing with you. I just think the world is not ending.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"and then lose our coaches to better offers"

Really? Have you seen Lovie's coaching tree lately, it looks alot like Charlie Browns christmas tree.

Lovie's coaching tree is full of former head coaches that failed, got fired, and found love and hope for a second chance in Chicago.

There are no second chances in Chicago, and very little love.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I think so. Jumped out to the big 7-1 record with the weak part of the schedule, then went 3-5 to blow that good start to hell. Epic fail, my friend, absolutely epic.

Is the taste in your mouth worse than it was when we lost to green bay back to back? That was an epic fail...or maybe my standards are too high for "epic" and what not.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Lovie's coaching tree is full of former head coaches that failed, got fired, and found love and hope for a second chance in Chicago.

There are no second chances in Chicago, and very little love.
You just contradicted yourself.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You just contradicted yourself.

"hope" for a second chance and getting a second chance are two totally different things.

Tice had no chance with Carimi as his best hope...with Webb on the other side. LOL.

(Philly fans would throw batteries at him, so at least he's getting some "love" in Chitown)