Anthony Miller - OMG

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Love the pick, only downside is that he's going to be 24 in October.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If the Bears are somehow able to land Arden Key in the 4th to successfully fill the Bears final need, I will personally send Omeletpants to Halas Hall to give Pace an ol’ fashion.

Fuck that would be awesome! Key

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Bears are somehow able to land Arden Key in the 4th to successfully fill the Bears final need, I will personally send Omeletpants to Halas Hall to give Pace an ol’ fashion.

Key doesn't really fill their need at Sam; they would have two young, relatively undersized (for Fangio), OLBs that are both best suited to rush from the weak side where they don't have to worry about TEs that out-weigh them by 20+ lbs. At this point, it looks like Lynch is going to start at the Sam even if they did pick up Key.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Key doesn't really fill their need at Sam; they would have two young, relatively undersized (for Fangio), OLBs that are both best suited to rush from the weak side where they don't have to worry about TEs that out-weigh them by 20+ lbs. At this point, it looks like Lynch is going to start at the Sam even if they did pick up Key.

They need more pass rush from OLB position and Floyd hasn’t proven he can play 16 games. But I agree with your logic.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Tjodalv, who do like at Sam that’s left?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Bears need OLB who can provide pass rush outside of the oft injured Floyed.

Sweat or Key.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mark Potash

Verified account

@MarkPotash
Following Following @MarkPotash
More
Memphis WR Anthony Miller was appreciative that the #Bears traded up to get him. "I'm gonna prove everybody who passed me up wrong. The Bears are gonna get all I got. They're gonna get the Memphis Grind. I don't think they've seen that yet. I'm gonna to introduce them to it."

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Nice hands. Good balance.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chris Emma

Verified account

@CEmma670
Following Following @CEmma670
More
Anthony Miller wasn't expecting the Bears would draft him. Said his foot injury has healed and has been 100 percent for a month. He's eager to prove himself.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'll add that Floyd isn't the designated pass rusher all the time. He drops into coverage A LOT.

Key and Floyd would be on the field at the same time for pass rush.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Pace is absolutely killing it. 3 picks, 3 day 1 starters.

This Draft has the potential of being the best I've ever witnessed in my lifetime as a bear fan, and could signify a paradigm shift for the franchise.

If Pace can somehow crush the 4th round, it will also signify a paradigm shift for him as a GM.

napo55

Liked Posts:

Trouble is you can't count on guys with bad character. Ask the 49ers if they are happy they drafted Ruben Foster, a super talented LB.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then Sweat or Key is more important.

Sweat, sure, Key just won't hold up against runs playing opposite of Floyd. Hubbard may not provide as much pass-rush as Sweat would, but he's the better all-around fit for playing Sam. Ether that, or you're marching Lynch out there most of the time and subbing in Key for 2nd-and-long/3rd downs.