Wow that is a lot. $10 for two dozen on top named remans

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow that is a lot. $10 for two dozen on top named remans

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Yea, that's Canada for you. Bombardier is a Canadian company, yet it's cheaper for me to drive 2hrs over the border and buy their products state side.

Tires and rims from tirerack.com would run me about 1200-1400$ USD. Here, 2 G's and I'll be dancing because I got a bargain.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately, I'd have to say your buddy is giving bad advice. A beginner doesn't know the difference between a good swing or a bad one, never mind a proper swing plane. I'm nowhere near as good as your buddy, so his advice has merit for a more advanced player, just not a beginner IMO. Having someone there to help these guys getting a proper grip, ball placement, stance, club selection, etc ... It's crucial to the beginner.

Good players tend to forget that this game isn't easy at all to us that play every couple weeks or so.

Once you get past the simple things like grip and ball placement it gets increasingly more complicated than it needs to be and frankly PGA Pros are stuck on stupid in trying to make people learn their swing instead of helping you find your own swing. Not everyone can execute a PGA Pro's swing even if they tried. The single largest myth in golf is the belief there is a right swing and a wrong swing. Anyone worth their salt will tell you that is pure bullshit. Everyone has a different swing and trying to emulate someone else's swing more often leads to anger and frustration instead of having a pro help you adjust your own natural swing so you're consistently on plane.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would have to say that the best ball for your money bar none is the Top Flite Gamer V2. Past that you're talking about balls with more layers at a higher price point.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to the range and continually making the same mistakes over and over and not knowing how to correct them is just plain dumb. I know because I did just that for about 4-5 years and I struggled to break 100. I finally took a few lessons and bought an instructional video. I was flirting with 80 within a couple months.

Swing plane is just a part of the swing, not the key to success.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Learning to swing on plane is what helps bring consistency to anyone's game. Yeah you're right that even if you're consistently on plane you can still screw up a swing in many other ways. Some of the most common ways people hit badly is by changing their height (be it by standing up or crouching down or swaying back) during their downswing, by getting too handsy with the club and by transferring their weight backwards instead of forwards. One of the best pieces of advice I give people is to stop trying to kill the ball. Most people can swing fairly well at low speed but once they get into "crush the ball" mode their swing breaks down completely.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I miss the good old days. While in college, I worked at some country clubs and played free golf only 4-5 times a week. In the summer time, it was really nice playing golf and hooking up with the cart girls that would come back to work the season....

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This got moved to where threads die ....nice!

Anyways, purchased a new Taylor Made R1driver today, regular retail 499$ and I got it for 215$ :) I can't wait to test it out now!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hot damn, that R1 is SWEEEET!!! The ball just pops right off the face! I was flying my ball well past the 250 stick are the range today :)

I can't wait for my next round on Friday!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Going golfing with my dad tomorrow =)

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Got two pars and 2 bogeys on teh back nine.

Got a bogey on the front nine.

Not bad, but lots of room for improvement.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I beat my dad by a lot. :lol:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
got some warrior wedges coming soon u guys used these my uncle swears by them

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have Nike wedges, they put incredible spin on the ball!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have Golden Bear clubs. They get the job done.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a round tomorrow morning, I hope and pray I can keep my drives straight with a slight draw! My range session today was all over the map, I was nailing 150 with my 8 iron(my favorite club/distance), but the rest was all over the place ... I have to remember to have fun :D

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a round tomorrow morning, I hope and pray I can keep my drives straight with a slight draw! My range session today was all over the map, I was nailing 150 with my 8 iron(my favorite club/distance), but the rest was all over the place ... I have to remember to have fun :D

Shot an 84 on a par 70, considering this is only my third round this year, I'll take it! Chipping saved my round today from a bunch of bad approach shots. I also missed my only birdie attempt, but got 6 pars overall. Pretty happy overall, I just have to clean up the crap so I can get into the 70's ...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Shot an 84 on a par 70, considering this is only my third round this year, I'll take it! Chipping saved my round today from a bunch of bad approach shots. I also missed my only birdie attempt, but got 6 pars overall. Pretty happy overall, I just have to clean up the crap so I can get into the 70's ...

I shoot in the 70's as well. Usually skip the back nine