Are the Bears really as devoid of talent as we like to say?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just a question not a statement. After seeing last nights game how would the Bears chances have changed against the Saints with...

Goldman
Roquan
JJ
Cohen
Skrine
Daniels
RRH
Mooney

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
1.) The Bears do have a good amount of talent at a fair amount of positions.

2.) Not enough talent to go far without talent at QB.

3.) Your injury list could have made it a more interesting game, but not a lock to win.

4.) They still would have been bounced this past Saturday if they had.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy sucks and so does Chuck. I think the Bears are as or more talented on defense than the Bucs at full health/squad.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1.) The Bears do have a good amount of talent at a fair amount of positions.

2.) Not enough talent to go far without talent at QB.

3.) Your injury list could have made it a more interesting game, but not a lock to win.

4.) They still would have been bounced this past Saturday.
100% agreed on all points. I just see people saying getting a QB wont make us a much more solid team. I think thats wrong and with a good QB its a playoff team.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Not enough talent on the o line and at QB which are the most important positions to have a successful offense. Pace better improve the o line this year and not with some cast off otherwise they'll get the same results on offense.

On top of that Nagy and Pagano have really held both sides of the ball back from playing up to their full potential.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not enough talent on the o line and at QB which are the most important positions to have a successful offense. Pace better improve the o line this year and not with some cast off otherwise they'll get the same results on offense.

On top of that Nagy and Pagano have really held both sides of the ball back from playing up to their full potential.
I think the middle of the O line has decent potential now with Mustipher, Daniels, and Whitehair but LT is a huge need. Whitehair is way better at G than C.

Pagano is gone.. lets hope we get a good hire on that side of the ball.

QB is the biggest need obviously.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Nagy sucks and so does Chuck. I think the Bears are as or more talented on defense than the Bucs at full health/squad.
Agreed. Coaches on both sides of the ball failed to utilize the talent available to them to maximum effect. The talent level is not that of true contenders, particularly on offense (OL and QB specifically) but competent coaching would have made a significant difference.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears have a lot of guys and not enough blue chip players. The Saints played a pretty shit game last night.

Some of the guys mentioned are just guys. Skrine, JJ, Cohen, RRH. Dime a dozen. It'll be no surprise hearing me say this but a great QB would mask a lot of issues. On the other side of the ball, if Mack were to return to form, you'd see a systemic shift in productivity.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I think the middle of the O line has decent potential now with Mustipher, Daniels, and Whitehair but LT is a huge need. Whitehair is way better at G than C.

Pagano is gone.. lets hope we get a good hire on that side of the ball.

QB is the biggest need obviously.
I think RT is a huge need too. Ifedi and Leno should not be starters. The interior line will be decent. It surprised me how much better Cody played at G then C so that's a positive.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The Bears have talent, there should be no debate there. However, the are in the precarious position of having aging talent without a realistic superbowl shot.

My position is they need to trade: Hicks, Fuller, and Miller. Tag and trade Arob.

And go from there. They did do very well in last year's draft. If they can stack two of those drafts together and find a QB, they will be in very good shape.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are weak at QB and OT.

Those are 2 spots you can't be weak at in the modern NFL.
Agreed but there are ways to try and fix that without blowing up the team for a total rebuild.

I do have faith in Pace finding more mid round D talent in the draft. He has proven he can do that.

My real question on fixing the QB situation is who really wanted Foles. Was it actually Nagy or the offensive assistants and Pace. Nagy apparently was a leading force in the Chiefs getting Mahomes so maybe his input in the draft will help identify a better QB prospect.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have talent, there should be no debate there. However, the are in the precarious position of having aging talent without a realistic superbowl shot.

My position is they need to trade: Hicks, Fuller, and Miller. Tag and trade Arob.

And go from there. They did do very well in last year's draft. If they can stack two of those drafts together and find a QB, they will be in very good shape.
Nobody is trading for Hicks. You can extend and/or restructure Fuller he's only 28.. and you're not geting shit for Miller.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is trading for Hicks. You can extend and/or restructure Fuller he's only 28.. and you're not geting shit for Miller.
Yeah I love Hicks but hes a cut casualty if anything.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say I think ARob may be worth more than people think in a trade... Pats gave up a second for Mohamed Sanu...
This offense is going to mega-suck if he's not back. Just pay the man, non-exclusive tag let him negotiate and if he walks we get the 1st rounders.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This offense is going to mega-suck if he's not back. Just pay the man, non-exclusive tag let him negotiate and if he walks we get the 1st rounders.
Agreed. People keep saying in other threads the transition tag but if you use that you either match or lose him for nothing.