Are the Bears really as devoid of talent as we like to say?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are over invested on defense, which in this era is just team building incompetence.
Yep exactly why I expect Hicks to be cut.

The Jackson and Quinn contracts are both terrible at this point.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Yep exactly why I expect Hicks to be cut.

The Jackson and Quinn contracts are both terrible at this point.
If they cut Hicks I can see this defense being worse next year. He's the leader of that unit

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I wanted the Bears to beat the Saints but DID NOT want to watch them play GB again this season... tough scenerio

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
So the Bears would have been 100% healthy. What about the Saints because they were missing key players too?

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
People say Floyd was mediocre...look at what he's doing in LA. Coaching and scheme matters quite a bit. Good coaches overachieve and bad coaches underachieve with respect to the team's talent. We have no doubt underachieved.
And look at what Floyd did when Donald was out or hurt against the Packers, zip. His play this season is largely a product of Donald attracting all the attention.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
So we have talent, but it’s older talent. So let’s trade away our next 2-3 drafts for a QB!
Yeah, but if you’re referring to Watson, he makes them an instant contender, and the aging defense should be ok for hopefully 2 years.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
They sure are. Ryan Nall, Rashad Coward, JP Holtz, Javon Wims etc. are practice squad guys on any other team in the league. Pace and Nagy overvalue scrubs for some reason.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Nagy is stubborn and dumb about adapting but with a QB that can execute his plays he may be “okay.”.
I don’t know, he just doesn’t understand the flow of the game. He really needs the KC playmakers. They make up shit as they go too

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
They have the least amount of talent at the most important position. That’s all that matters to me.

here’s what’s going to happen, they’ll draft some bumbum like Jones or tyler trask and in 5 years and 3 coaches he’ll finally churn out a decent season and before you know it, Pace is looking at 12 years, 0 playoff wins while they are writing Haiku’s about Mahomes and Watson.

We get the dress rehearsal again about how they have built a great culture and deserve extensions and the same bullshit continues..

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but if you’re referring to Watson, he makes them an instant contender, and the aging defense should be ok for hopefully 2 years.
A contender with what?? One WR worth anything, and he will be an undersized 2nd year player? And OTs that are suspect, to say the least.

And even if a DC can come in and give this defense life, 2-3 years of little influx of new young talent will decimate it after those couple years.

We would not be a contender with Watson. We may be a halfway exciting (frustrating) team to watch for a couple seasons though.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
A contender with what?? One WR worth anything, and he will be an undersized 2nd year player? And OTs that are suspect, to say the least.

And even if a DC can come in and give this defense life, 2-3 years of little influx of new young talent will decimate it after those couple years.

We would not be a contender with Watson. We may be a halfway exciting (frustrating) team to watch for a couple seasons though.

I hate when people make crazy arguments just for the sake of saying crazy stuff

By add Watson to what we have and we would be contender why because we play in the NFC and adding a qb of Watsons caliber elevates the entire team to a top 3 team in the NFC. Watson makes everybody on the field a potential weapon and has shown that ability even with practice squad players

Mooney, Kmet, Montgomery ,and before getting hurt the most targeted bear the previous 3 years Tarik Cohen .

So now we wouldnt be bare but we also wouldnt be flush either but man oh man would we be prime destinations for vets looking to chase a ring .

You position yourself to give the current team 2 seasons and as we look at Nichols ,JJ, and Roquan as the future you start to restructure your cap commitment away from the defense just as you are starting to get your picks back .

With all that said none of this is happening as long as pace is the GM.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just a question not a statement. After seeing last nights game how would the Bears chances have changed against the Saints with...

Goldman
Roquan
JJ
Cohen
Skrine
Daniels
RRH
Mooney

JJ/Cohen/Skrine/ RRH are just meh players.

not really fair to count Goldman, he was out before the season ever started, and he did not count against the cap, so it's not apples to apples.

Mooney is an up and comer, let's see how he performs if he becomes the #1 WR.
Daniels and Roquan were the only ones of this batch that could be considered detrimental. Pretty sure the Saints had some injured players as well.

I actually find this post rather humorous, considering in another thread when I brought up all the injuries the Lions had in their first meeting of the year with the Bears, you said that didn't matter, however, now, for some reason, it does.

Typical flip flopping BS.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JJ/Cohen/Skrine/ RRH are just meh players.

not really fair to count Goldman, he was out before the season ever started, and he did not count against the cap, so it's not apples to apples.

Mooney is an up and comer, let's see how he performs if he becomes the #1 WR.
Daniels and Roquan were the only ones of this batch that could be considered detrimental. Pretty sure the Saints had some injured players as well.

I actually find this post rather humorous, considering in another thread when I brought up all the injuries the Lions had in their first meeting of the year with the Bears, you said that didn't matter, however, now, for some reason, it does.

Typical flip flopping BS.
Actually I said the Bears had injuries too but no one made excuses and you said they didn't have any. I actually made this thread off that post. Its not about losing its about the future.

JJ was a DROY candidate before injury. Sounds pretty “meh”.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just a question not a statement. After seeing last nights game how would the Bears chances have changed against the Saints with...

Goldman
Roquan
JJ
Cohen
Skrine
Daniels
RRH
Mooney

if you are trying to make a point about how the Bears could fill out their roster and compete in 2021, first take a look at 2022 and work your way back.

Robert Quin will be 32
Khali Mack will be 31
Kyle Fuller will be 30
Eddie Jackson will be 29
Danny Trevathon will be 32

all of these guys best football will have been behind them. Good chance at least 4 out of 5 will be gone. Most have terrible contracts.

Then your most likely to lose the following this year

Trubisky
Hicks
Allen Robinson

And the following should be replaced in either 2021 0r 2022

Leno
Massie

What your proposing to do is to somehow kick the can done the road once again, and try to put lipstick on this pig. it won't work. At best you might manage to squeak into another meaningless WC game. And then you will be totally effed come 2022.

Had the Bears hired a GM with some job security, he would immediately have seen these flaws, and instead of attempting another last gasp desperate move to be relevant in 2021, started to rebuild and re-gear. The Bears playoff window has passed.

Smartest move now is to shed as many bad contracts as possible, acquire as much draft capital as possible, and look at 2022 as the year they can be players in the FA market and possibly land a QB in the draft. Rather than mortgage their future on a QB with Watson's talent, they are best suited to start rebuilding in the trenches and think about replacing these aging vets. Their much better off tanking in 2021 when taking a longer view at the roster.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I said the Bears had injuries too but no one made excuses and you said they didn't have any. I actually made this thread off that post. Its not about losing its about the future.

JJ was a DROY candidate before injury. Sounds pretty “meh”.

Playing opposite of Fuller. Did not say he did not have potential.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you are trying to make a point about how the Bears could fill out their roster and compete in 2021, first take a look at 2022 and work your way back.

Robert Quin will be 32
Khali Mack will be 31
Kyle Fuller will be 30
Eddie Jackson will be 29
Danny Trevathon will be 32

all of these guys best football will have been behind them. Good chance at least 4 out of 5 will be gone. Most have terrible contracts.

Then your most likely to lose the following this year

Trubisky
Hicks
Allen Robinson

And the following should be replaced in either 2021 0r 2022

Leno
Massie

What your prosing to do is to somehow kick the can done the road once again, and try to put lipstick on this pig. it won't work. At best you might manage to squeak into another meaningless WC game. And then you will be totally effed come 2022.

Had the Bears hired a GM with some job security, he would immediately have seen these flaws, and instead of attempting another last gasp desperate move to be relevant in 2021, started to rebuild and re-gear. The Bears playoff window has passed.

Smartest move now is to shed as many bad contracts as possible, acquire as much draft capital as possible, and look at 2022 as the year they can be players in the FA market and possibly land a QB in the draft. Rather than mortgage their future on a QB with Watson's talent, they are best suited to start rebuilding in the trenches and think about replacing these aging vets. Their much better off tanking in 2021 when taking a longer view at the roster.
Funny coming from a Lions fan who thinks they are in a better position than the Bears. This is not worth reading. Night and bless your heart.