Are the Bears really as devoid of talent as we like to say?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. People keep saying in other threads the transition tag but if you use that you either match or lose him for nothing.
It may piss him off but the way I look at it he gets paid $$ guaranteed money and maybe they have a good offseason and can work out a contract before June.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It may piss him off but the way I look at it he gets paid $$ guaranteed money and maybe they have a good offseason and can work out a contract before June.
In the end Paces job is to get the most out of his assets even if it means pissing them off. Sorry ARob I like ya but letting you walk for nothing is dumb.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have a lot of guys and not enough blue chip players. The Saints played a pretty shit game last night.

Some of the guys mentioned are just guys. Skrine, JJ, Cohen, RRH. Dime a dozen. It'll be no surprise hearing me say this but a great QB would mask a lot of issues. On the other side of the ball, if Mack were to return to form, you'd see a systemic shift in productivity.

The roster is full of nothing but blue chippers, it's the coaching! remember.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The roster is full of nothing but blue chippers, it's the coaching! remember.
If this is a dig at me I definitely wasn't trying to say the roster is full of blue chip players. Tho Goldman is one and I think JJ has a chance to be one.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this is a dig at me I definitely wasn't trying to say the roster is full of blue chip players. Tho Goldman is one and I think JJ has a chance to be one.

This was NOT a dig at any one specific poster

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Having talent is one thing. Having no talent at incredibly important positions like offensive line and quarterback is another,.

Getting the most out of it is an entirely different equation.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having talent is one thing. Having no talent at incredibly important positions like offensive line and quarterback is another,.

Getting the most out of it is an entirely different equation.
There is some talent in the middle of the O line but definitely need to fix the OT and QB positions. I have some hope for the Whitehair, Mustipher, and Daniels interior.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So we have talent, but it’s older talent. So let’s trade away our next 2-3 drafts for a QB!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Their talent on defense is mostly old and getting worse as time goes on with a few exceptions (Smith, Johnson). If they lose Allen Robinson next year, they'll be one of the bottom 5 least talented units in football. No quarterback, no true #1 receiver, a mediocre RB, a bad OL...

It's not great.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we have talent, but it’s older talent. So let’s trade away our next 2-3 drafts for a QB!
Nah lets just start Nick Foles with a new O lineman and be 7-9.

Dont see anymore in this thread calling for trading our draft away.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah lets just start Nick Foles with a new O lineman and be 7-9.

Dont see anymore in this thread calling for trading our draft away.
Well my hope was to have a somewhat realistic discussion about the current state and options in here. Figured there was plenty of trade 3 firsts and 2 seconds for Watson threads.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Nagy is stubborn and dumb about adapting but with a QB that can execute his plays he may be “okay.”.

All we need is for Kmet to transform into Kelce, Mooney into Hill, Montgomery into Kareem hunt, and Mitchell into Mahomes and then we could've beaten the Saints, if we had a better O line.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Is the bald guy still coaching and/or calling plays?

If so, it might have been slightly more interesting but he'd have found a way to lead us to a loss like he always does vs teams with winning records

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is the bald guy still coaching and/or calling plays?

If so, it might have been slightly more interesting but he'd have found a way to lead us to a loss like he always does vs teams with winning records
You may as well just go on vacation for 2 more seasons cause Nagy gonna be here.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
We have talent but a bulk of it is aging veterans. We definitely have some good young players though.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Agreed but there are ways to try and fix that without blowing up the team for a total rebuild.

I do have faith in Pace finding more mid round D talent in the draft. He has proven he can do that.

My real question on fixing the QB situation is who really wanted Foles. Was it actually Nagy or the offensive assistants and Pace. Nagy apparently was a leading force in the Chiefs getting Mahomes so maybe his input in the draft will help identify a better QB prospect.

Brett Veach was the driving force behind KC drafting Mahomes. Andy Reid has been quite candid about it.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
People say Floyd was mediocre...look at what he's doing in LA. Coaching and scheme matters quite a bit. Good coaches overachieve and bad coaches underachieve with respect to the team's talent. We have no doubt underachieved.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The talent problem is with the oline and sadly qb. And receiver as well. Outside of Mooney and AR who could you count on?

I watched as Reid called a similar 4th and short play and I saw how it was executed vs how the bears failed to execute it.

So when even those times that Nagy gets the right play called it doesn't get run right.