Are the people who consider themselves to be "high" on Trubiskey the same people that

If you think Trubiskey is going to be a franchise bears QB did you think CUTLER was?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good post -- not necessarily because you are correct, however, but because you are thinking critically without rose colored glasses on.

To answer your question -- My answer: ... it is too early. We have to give Trubs time. That said, I must admit, it is not looking as good as I had hoped for. His one saving grace was supposed to be his accuracy and as we have seen, his accuracy has proven to be nothing special. His footwork also seems poor and it seems he is a bit more of a "project" than what we thought he would be - especially for a #2 pick. He also seems to lack the innate ability to lift the team to a different level of achievement -- that special gene that all the great ones have to elevate the entire team to play at a higher level.

With all of that said.... although he does have a number of red flags that have popped up.... it is still too early to write him off.

All that is true. To me he has showed enough for me to be pretty confidant that he can be a good NFL quarterback. It is also obvious to me that some of us have got to get over this opinion that our offensive line is a good one. With a good offensive line and decent receivers I think that we would be close to having a good offensive team. We are far from that and while Trubisky is part of the problem he is not the PROBLEM. For two decades the Bears have been fumbling around with a patchwork offensive line and other than a couple of years have not had a good receiver group.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The OL is at least league average when healthy. As with the WR and LB corps, injuries have been the main cause of the problems.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Good post -- not necessarily because you are correct, however, but because you are thinking critically without rose colored glasses on.

To answer your question -- My answer: ... it is too early. We have to give Trubs time. That said, I must admit, it is not looking as good as I had hoped for. His one saving grace was supposed to be his accuracy and as we have seen, his accuracy has proven to be nothing special. His footwork also seems poor and it seems he is a bit more of a "project" than what we thought he would be - especially for a #2 pick. He also seems to lack the innate ability to lift the team to a different level of achievement -- that special gene that all the great ones have to elevate the entire team to play at a higher level.

With all of that said.... although he does have a number of red flags that have popped up.... it is still too early to write him off.

Good post. I was hoping for more from him as well, at least seeing progress. I simply have not seen progress as I had hoped, but he certainly deserves more time, especially with the crap around him. Like someone above said, he has all of the physical tools to do the job, but bringing everything together is a completely different story. Unfortunately it was a very bad position for him to be put in with an EXTREME lack of talent. Ryan Pace needs to get his shit together, and fast.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The OL is at least league average when healthy. As with the WR and LB corps, injuries have been the main cause of the problems.

No they are not league average when healthy. Leno, Massie are below average. Whitehair as a center is maybe average. Long is above average when healthy but hasn't been healthy. Same thing with Sitton. We want to believe that these guys are at least average but all you need to do is compare what they are to a good to great team line Philly. Good offensive lines just pass the eye test and bad ones look differently. From the time they break the huddle to how they look after the play was over.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No they are not league average when healthy. Leno, Massie are below average. Whitehair as a center is maybe average.

Whitehair when left alone at center and not screwed around was a pro bowler.

Long is above average when healthy but hasn't been healthy. Same thing with Sitton.

In what way is this a rebuttal to my statement that they're at least average when healthy?

We want to believe that these guys are at least average but all you need to do is compare what they are to a good to great team line Philly

Yes, great is generally better than average, I find.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
my opinion, the bears ruined cutler. and if they continue to conduct things the way the are doing now, they will ruin MT as well.
I loved this narrative in Chicago.
Cutler was sacked 11 times and had a phenomenal group of targets in Denver and he was the same guy there.
Mcdaniels may not have been ready for a hc gig.. But he was 100% right to not value jay, and the Broncos fleeced Chicago on that deal.

Chicago didn't ruin jay. Jay was just not good.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved this narrative in Chicago.
Cutler was sacked 11 times and had a phenomenal group of targets in Denver and he was the same guy there.
Mcdaniels may not have been ready for a hc gig.. But he was 100% right to not value jay, and the Broncos fleeced Chicago on that deal.

Chicago didn't ruin jay. Jay was just not good.

It’s not that McDaniels didn’t value Jay, it’s that he was a megalomaniac who didn’t know how to speak to players. And he was so arrogant that he thought he could win with Matt Cassell and Tim Tebow.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The crux of my disagreement with you remains, however, because my disagreement with you isn't about whether Mitch can put it all together or not, it was about your assertion that discussing these issues constitutes trolling. I still do completely disagree with that, because it seems clear to me that these are perfectly natural and reasonable issues to discuss on a Bears message board.

Perhaps it's how it's worded. I wanted to talk about his inaccuracy after the Viking's game. But I didn't act like it's who he is because it never has been before which is what I wanted to talk about.
Others claim the problems is who he is and some even going as far as claiming bust. That is either idiocy or trolling.

the Broncos fleeced Chicago on that deal.

I was an Orton fan but seriously?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Perhaps it's how it's worded. I wanted to talk about his inaccuracy after the Viking's game. But I didn't act like it's who he is because it never has been before which is what I wanted to talk about.
Others claim the problems is who he is and some even going as far as claiming bust. That is either idiocy or trolling.

Notice Loggains called out the WRs for causing many of the inaccuracies.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Yup. Orton was a non factor- Thomas and Ayers was the part of the trade I was focused on, and the ripple effect it had getting rid of someone who wasnt the answer and drafting miller in 11 and grabbing manning in 12.

They went from pretty hideous defense prior to the trade to best in the league with all the wiggle room they had.

Reactions: Myk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Exactly....folks on here calling out his accuracy when that is a huge strength. Its getting comical how this MB GMs and evaluators talk about it...yet the coaches and argument between WRs after film...hmmm

Since Sunday’s blowout, Fox and offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains each attributed part of quarterback Mitch Trubisky’s inaccuracy to sloppy route running.

“The thing that was most disappointing for me in the passing game is the uncontested, outside-the-number throws,” Loggains said. “To be completely honest, a lot of it wasn’t on him.

“When it’s the depth — when you’ve got to run a 10-yard route and you run it at 8, it’s going look bad. It’s going to look like the ball sprang and it’s inaccurate, but he was going to the right spot with the ball.”

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I'll have to go look at that. I was so disgusted I blew off listening to any of the coaches' excuses. Although it did me good seeing a tweet where Fox admits he doesn't know what he's doing.

That's the type of stuff I've been wondering. Or if the coaches changed his mechanics. A lot of the possibilities would take being there to know what is the cause.

Yup. Orton was a non factor- Thomas and Ayers was the part of the trade I was focused on, and the ripple effect it had getting rid of someone who wasnt the answer and drafting miller in 11 and grabbing manning in 12.

They went from pretty hideous defense prior to the trade to best in the league with all the wiggle room they had.

Two firsts was a bit much. In hind sight that was a fleecing but at the time I didn't think so because I didn't see much of Denver.

I still think at the time we got him winning with Cutler should've been easy to do for most other teams who don't treat offensive talent as taboo.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I'll have to go look at that. I was so disgusted I blew off listening to any of the coaches' excuses. Although it did me good seeing a tweet where Fox admits he doesn't know what he's doing.

That's the type of stuff I've been wondering. Or if the coaches changed his mechanics. A lot of the possibilities would take being there to know what is the cause.

Yea Mitch looks worse than he is. Don't get it wrong...
Mitch still needs to set his feet and square his shoulders on those roll outs. And he needs to develop a knack for adjusting his throws to the situation. However as a rookie those are things to work on.

The WRs are veterans and should have that shit down by now.
And Zach Azzanni should have also shored this up many games ago. If he can't get through to veteran WRs then Fox should have stepped in. Loggains has called this shit out to the press now. If Azzanni isn't workin out he needs to go and if Fox won't hold coaches accountable it's another reason he needs to go as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
my opinion, the bears ruined cutler. and if they continue to conduct things the way the are doing now, they will ruin MT as well.

Pretty true. They never put him behind a good offensive line.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Pretty true. They never put him behind a good offensive line.

By the time they tried to get him WRs and a line he was already beat to hell.

That's my fear with Trubisky. I know we allegedly had 2 WRs that went down to injury but still, the position should've been stacked with better depth as it was getting tore down.