Are the people who consider themselves to be "high" on Trubiskey the same people that

If you think Trubiskey is going to be a franchise bears QB did you think CUTLER was?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well one more injury with Watson and the guys career is probably over. He will be another RG III. He relies too much on mobility to not have another injury.

Funny, he did throw 15 more TDs than Mr. Biscuit, who is at his worst in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Funny, he did throw 15 more TDs than Mr. Biscuit, who is at his worst in the pocket.

Bill O'Bren is better than Loggins.
Just like Mcvay is better than FIsher and helped Goff become an MVP this year.
I'm Sure Carmaichael will improve Trubisky to MVP-like levels next year as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill O'Bren is better than Loggins.
Just like Mcvay is better than FIsher and helped Goff become an MVP this year.
I'm Sure Carmaichael will improve Trubisky to MVP-like levels next year as well.

Oh yeah, all those QBs before Watson looked so awesome. I’m sure Trubisky is just like Goff in every way. Everything will be super.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Amazing how people beg for us to draft a qb high, we get one, then they root to see him fail. Pathetic. Why do you even follow this team? You’re not a bears fan

Well one more injury with Watson and the guys career is probably over. He will be another RG III. He relies too much on mobility to not have another injury.

I guess that's a troll, I hope so anyway. If not please post a quote or link to the fans rooting against Trubisky.

This thread is hysterical.

"Stop calling our dear sweet Mitchell a bust." :drama:

"Stop rooting against our dear sweet Mitchell." :drama:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Funny how those full of trolling are pretending it doesn't exist just like they pretend there is something to worry about with Trubisky this year. It's all part of their gas lighting, no, what you see isn't real, trust me.

Short of looking totally incompetent like Glennon there is little to be told by this year alone. He has already shown he's not totally incompetent. He can hit the rookie wall and be incompetent from here on and all that will matter is what he does next year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is really impossible to evaluate him.

This offense has no WR talent and absolutely crap coaching.

Loggains got slapped around by Schwartz.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Um.......He got hurt in a non contact drill in practice. Trubisky could suffer the same injury at any time. Drew Brees got hurt his 3rd year and was tagged as injury prone. He had surgery and never missed a beat in his run to HOF sure status. You just cannot make an assumption that one player is injury prone versus another guy. The element of luck plays big time into football injuries both good and bad. Fact is that Watson was on the being the rookie of the year, a pro bowl possibly all-pro player and potential MVP candidate. To say different is silly. He got hurt in a PRACTICE.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Um.......He got hurt in a non contact drill in practice. Trubisky could suffer the same injury at any time. Drew Brees got hurt his 3rd year and was tagged as injury prone. He had surgery and never missed a beat in his run to HOF sure status. You just cannot make an assumption that one player is injury prone versus another guy. The element of luck plays big time into football injuries both good and bad. Fact is that Watson was on the being the rookie of the year, a pro bowl possibly all-pro player and potential MVP candidate. To say different is silly. He got hurt in a PRACTICE.
I think that's silly apples oranges history... Brees was a concern not based on some odd prone label but because he injured his throwing shoulder. And it didn't harm him but Watson also hurt his leg which aids his mobility game. He could be fine but usually those after several leg injuries aren't as mobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

And if a Bears QB was taken out for a year on a non-contact injury what would the cries be?
Now what if it was a repeat of a similar previous injury?

As far as I know Trubisky doesn't have a history of knee injuries.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson had good numbers and was putting up a ton of points. Texans were just allowing even more points. They were still 10 times better with him than without him.

The point I would make is it’s already known what a huge difference Watson can be for that team. With Trubisky, you were probably getting more production out of Glennon to be honest.

You can say that Trubisky is green as can be and will come around in time but that’s a scary prospect when wondering just how many years will be spent waiting on him. There is that chance he won’t ever be that top 10 qb teams are always looking for.

When the Bears dump Glennon, they’ll have very little money invested in the QB position. An opportune time to bring in another top prospect and let them compete, really compete. Need better QB play, plain and simple, and that doesn’t just come by being ultra patient with someone you think will come around in time.

LMAO! Pace is not burning top draft picks on another top QB the very next season. Are you stupid or drunk? Pace reportedly coveted Trubisky, he’s not already doubting him after a piss poor game against the Eagles. LOL.

Wentz fell off a cliff after 3 games last year, and then just kept on getting progressively worse game after game. Goff looked like a high school player out there. But the gm’s didn’t panic and draft another top QB the very next season.

Pace is tied to Trubisky for better or worse. Either he makes it work or the new GM will draft his own QB. This season alone, he spent 18.5 mil on a free agent QB, as well as the #3 pick in the draft plus two 3rd round picks and one 4th round pick on a rookie.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of drafting QBs when they are a value added pick but not during a rebuild. You also really need to have a system in place and right now Loggains system is either garbage or all on Fox.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Funny how those full of trolling are pretending it doesn't exist just like they pretend there is something to worry about with Trubisky this year. It's all part of their gas lighting, no, what you see isn't real, trust me.

Short of looking totally incompetent like Glennon there is little to be told by this year alone. He has already shown he's not totally incompetent. He can hit the rookie wall and be incompetent from here on and all that will matter is what he does next year.

Completely disagree.

What doesn't matter in year one is results, stats and other metrics.

Technique, footwork, pocket presence, field awareness, are all things that matter in year one because they're things that need to be fixed if years 2, 3, 4 and onwards are to be successful.

Discussing these things =/= trolling.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Completely disagree.

What doesn't matter in year one is results, stats and other metrics.

Technique, footwork, pocket presence, field awareness, are all things that matter in year one because they're things that need to be fixed if years 2, 3, 4 and onwards are to be successful.

Discussing these things =/= trolling.

In other words, "totally incompetent" and therefore if the problems he's show can be fixed in the offseason this year means little alone and you actually agree with what I said.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO! Pace is not burning top draft picks on another top QB the very next season. Are you stupid or drunk? Pace reportedly coveted Trubisky, he’s not already doubting him after a piss poor game against the Eagles. LOL.

Wentz fell off a cliff after 3 games last year, and then just kept on getting progressively worse game after game. Goff looked like a high school player out there. But the gm’s didn’t panic and draft another top QB the very next season.

Pace is tied to Trubisky for better or worse. Either he makes it work or the new GM will draft his own QB. This season alone, he spent 18.5 mil on a free agent QB, as well as the #3 pick in the draft plus two 3rd round picks and one 4th round pick on a rookie.

I assure, I am neither drunk nor stupid. The QB position is the most important. Invest in it and don’t put all your eggs... or biscuits for that matter..... in 1 basket.

There could very well be some very good QBs in FA as well, so that’s a route I would also take a gander at with it likely Cousins, , Smith and Manning could all be made available.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In other words, "totally incompetent" and therefore if the problems he's show can be fixed in the offseason this year means little alone and you actually agree with what I said.

It's a big "if". There's a lot to fix. We need to hope that A) he's able to do it, and B) the Pace brings in the right coaching to maximize his chances of making it. It's all an unknown at this point. I think he has enough natural talent on his side to make it work, but it's by no means a sure thing.

The crux of my disagreement with you remains, however, because my disagreement with you isn't about whether Mitch can put it all together or not, it was about your assertion that discussing these issues constitutes trolling. I still do completely disagree with that, because it seems clear to me that these are perfectly natural and reasonable issues to discuss on a Bears message board.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Are the people who consider themselves to be "high" on Trubiskey the same people that thought Cutler was going to eventually turn into something special for the bears?

I literally don't see it and after learning year after year after year after year after year that JAY CUTLER wasn't going to become a franchise QB and develop into a playoff and Superbowl calibre QB leader to lead the team into championships and winning them, I am not about to be considering myself to be someone who is actually going to be patient only to see my patience literally shat-upon year after year and ultimately never be rewarded.

So answer my question is MITCHEL TRUBISKY going to be a top ten QB for the bears in the NFL ranking of QBs or is he just going to be in the top ten of bears QBs historically? Also please answer the poll. And also additionally if you can post anything to make me understand why anyone should think MITCHELL TRUBISKEY is ever going to be any good besides blind faith and hope please try to explain it to me because right now I will literally never understand it because RYAN PACE thought MIKE GLENNON was going to be really good and he is the guy who also drafted TRUBISKEY who quite frankly looks like a huge bust at this point.:obama:

Good post -- not necessarily because you are correct, however, but because you are thinking critically without rose colored glasses on.

To answer your question -- My answer: ... it is too early. We have to give Trubs time. That said, I must admit, it is not looking as good as I had hoped for. His one saving grace was supposed to be his accuracy and as we have seen, his accuracy has proven to be nothing special. His footwork also seems poor and it seems he is a bit more of a "project" than what we thought he would be - especially for a #2 pick. He also seems to lack the innate ability to lift the team to a different level of achievement -- that special gene that all the great ones have to elevate the entire team to play at a higher level.

With all of that said.... although he does have a number of red flags that have popped up.... it is still too early to write him off.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good post -- not necessarily because you are correct, however, but because you are thinking critically without rose colored glasses on.

To answer your question -- My answer: ... it is too early. We have to give Trubs time. That said, I must admit, it is not looking as good as I had hoped for. His one saving grace was supposed to be his accuracy and as we have seen, his accuracy has proven to be nothing special. His footwork also seems poor and it seems he is a bit more of a "project" than what we thought he would be - especially for a #2 pick. He also seems to lack the innate ability to lift the team to a different level of achievement -- that special gene that all the great ones have to elevate the entire team to play at a higher level.

With all of that said.... although he does have a number of red flags that have popped up.... it is still too early to write him off.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
my opinion, the bears ruined cutler. and if they continue to conduct things the way the are doing now, they will ruin MT as well.