Are the stars aligning for the Bears?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 NFC Championship games in his 4 years coaching.
Maybe you're right about him..I just can't get past his playing for the Bears..He was basically a clown..I will give him the benefit of the doubt

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm luke warm on Harbaugh, but he did manage to resurrect a potential bust in Alex Smith, and replaced an effective Smith with Kaepernick and took them to a SB.

But, that was with a bevvy of first rounders on the 9ers due to them being shitty for so many years. Pace left the cupboard pretty bare with draft picks.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Maybe you're right about him..I just can't get past his playing for the Bears..He was basically a clown..I will give him the benefit of the doubt
The years of Ditka yelling at him...remember that game in the Metrodump where he threw a pick 6 and basically turned the game around for a Vikes win?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
True, but as a coach he is really good. He has won at this level and had great coaches around him. Vic led the defense and they also did great with Kap at quarterback.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I did. You're simply wrong. The guy has 1 SB and 3 NFC Championship games in 4 years as NFL HC and you're acting like he's some complete unknown at the NFL level. Get a grip.

Who would you prefer? Another "guru" assistant coach like Nagy with zero HC experience? Frasier?
Please, god, no to Frazier. He's a great DC, not a HC(see Fangio)

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And the Raiders are about to choke away their season.

I am a jinx.

/thread

NMBearFan

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh and Fangio, we could do a lot worse.

Come on stupid Raiders.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not a betting man, but it's a good bet that Fields was shelved for the last few games this year. Covid be damned

Good to hear that those 2 are getting back to work right away.
Agreed. I think George put his foot down

Canth

Liked Posts:
I have a couple of issues with Harbaugh. One issue is that despite all that stated success with the 49ers...they basically forced him out due to the disfunction that he brings.

The other issue comes in when you look at the actual stats of those teams and how they actually played and won.

They had some dominant defenses with Fangio. They were stacked on defense. That 3 year run (2011, 2012, 2013) consisted of these rankings for the defense: 2, 2, 3.

And they needed to that stacked defense because the offense wasn't actually that good. Same 3 year run for offense. Overall offense was 11, 11, and 11. Break it down further, Rushing Offense was: 8, 4, 3. Passing Offense was: 29, 23, and 30.

We have seen this crap before: Strong Defense, Strong Running game, and a Crap Passing game. Why do people still want this in 2022? The rules have changed so much to favor offense and passing, the Bears have the most talented QB they have ever had...and people want to put that into the hands of a guy that was only successful with a dominant defense (coached by Fangio) and the running game. The reason he won with Smith and Kaepernick was that he didn't ask them to do as much as you do in a modern offense.

The current Bears team is not set-up to make a 3 year run of dominant defense. Maybe 3 years ago they were close and again with Fangio but that ship sailed. They don't have the dominant offensive line to do the ball control, running game.

IMO, this roster and the modern NFL is not a good setup to have Jim Harbaugh go to Chicago and be successful.