Are the stars aligning for the Bears?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We are back!

That timeout cost the chargers their season lololol
I really don't get the complaining about the timeout. How could it have changed anything. Raiders were running the ball before the timeout, and did so coming out of the timeout on 3rd down. Chargers simply couldn't stop the run, even though they knew it was coming.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a couple of issues with Harbaugh. One issue is that despite all that stated success with the 49ers...they basically forced him out due to the disfunction that he brings.

The other issue comes in when you look at the actual stats of those teams and how they actually played and won.

They had some dominant defenses with Fangio. They were stacked on defense. That 3 year run (2011, 2012, 2013) consisted of these rankings for the defense: 2, 2, 3.

And they needed to that stacked defense because the offense wasn't actually that good. Same 3 year run for offense. Overall offense was 11, 11, and 11. Break it down further, Rushing Offense was: 8, 4, 3. Passing Offense was: 29, 23, and 30.

We have seen this crap before: Strong Defense, Strong Running game, and a Crap Passing game. Why do people still want this in 2022? The rules have changed so much to favor offense and passing, the Bears have the most talented QB they have ever had...and people want to put that into the hands of a guy that was only successful with a dominant defense (coached by Fangio) and the running game. The reason he won with Smith and Kaepernick was that he didn't ask them to do as much as you do in a modern offense.

The current Bears team is not set-up to make a 3 year run of dominant defense. Maybe 3 years ago they were close and again with Fangio but that ship sailed. They don't have the dominant offensive line to do the ball control, running game.

IMO, this roster and the modern NFL is not a good setup to have Jim Harbaugh go to Chicago and be successful.
Great post. ?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have a couple of issues with Harbaugh. One issue is that despite all that stated success with the 49ers...they basically forced him out due to the disfunction that he brings.

The other issue comes in when you look at the actual stats of those teams and how they actually played and won.

They had some dominant defenses with Fangio. They were stacked on defense. That 3 year run (2011, 2012, 2013) consisted of these rankings for the defense: 2, 2, 3.

And they needed to that stacked defense because the offense wasn't actually that good. Same 3 year run for offense. Overall offense was 11, 11, and 11. Break it down further, Rushing Offense was: 8, 4, 3. Passing Offense was: 29, 23, and 30.

We have seen this crap before: Strong Defense, Strong Running game, and a Crap Passing game. Why do people still want this in 2022? The rules have changed so much to favor offense and passing, the Bears have the most talented QB they have ever had...and people want to put that into the hands of a guy that was only successful with a dominant defense (coached by Fangio) and the running game. The reason he won with Smith and Kaepernick was that he didn't ask them to do as much as you do in a modern offense.

The current Bears team is not set-up to make a 3 year run of dominant defense. Maybe 3 years ago they were close and again with Fangio but that ship sailed. They don't have the dominant offensive line to do the ball control, running game.

IMO, this roster and the modern NFL is not a good setup to have Jim Harbaugh go to Chicago and be successful.
Yeah man i would totally hate for the Bears to play good defense, run the ball and be 11th in the league in scoring.

Do you want to know why they were ranked so low in passing categories? Because they didn't attempt to throw the ball because Greg Roman is one of the few OCs who believes in running the ball until a team forces them to throw. This roster doesnt scream modern NFL. Their best WR next year is Mooney. They have a mediocre OL and TEs. It doesnt scream any kind of offense. It screams find a guy who will play to player strengths.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'm luke warm on Harbaugh, but he did manage to resurrect a potential bust in Alex Smith, and replaced an effective Smith with Kaepernick and took them to a SB.

But, that was with a bevvy of first rounders on the 9ers due to them being shitty for so many years. Pace left the cupboard pretty bare with draft picks.
Yeah, Harbaugh definitely capitalized on the influx of talent the 49'ers had on their front 7 when he took over. Patrick Willis as already an established All-Pro. Justin Smith was one of the best 3-4 DE's in football, and Navarro Bowman was ready to make his massive 2nd year jump into stardom. Then they added Aldon Smith in the draft to solidify that unit as elite.

Most of his success can probably be attributed to his two coordinators. Fangio and Roman are two of the NFL's top coordinators on defense and offense, respectively.

So far, we know Fangio is available again, and there have been whispers of Roman being fired by Baltimore. Talk about coming back to the NFL at just the right time. Harbaugh could potentially bring back the entire gang at his new gig. Even if you're not the biggest Harbaugh fan, would it not be worth it if you also get Roman and or Fangio back?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Bears being able to draft Justin Fields was a miracle.

Raiders are winning and will make the playoffs if they do. Will be difficult for Mark Davis not to make interim head coach Bisacci officially HC after all the shit they’ve been through with Gruden, Ruggs, etc.

This leaves the Bears the front runners for a Harbaugh reunion. A head coach with top 10 winning % in NFL history that has been successful at every stop.

Are the stars FINALLY aligning in the universe for the Bears to have their first franchise QB and sustained success with a top notch head coach and staff?

???
So, we honestly think had the Raiders lost they'd target Harbaugh and Fangio, but because their season ends next week instead, they will stick with the guy who went 5-4?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The years of Ditka yelling at him...remember that game in the Metrodump where he threw a pick 6 and basically turned the game around for a Vikes win?

When Harbaugh audibled into that throw

Ditka ripped him a new one

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm luke warm on Harbaugh, but he did manage to resurrect a potential bust in Alex Smith, and replaced an effective Smith with Kaepernick and took them to a SB.

But, that was with a bevvy of first rounders on the 9ers due to them being shitty for so many years. Pace left the cupboard pretty bare with draft picks.
"Resurrect"? Alex Smith was never an elite QB, but was solid as heck for teams with a good D.

San Fran's run under Harbaugh was ALL about the D, and Bears-like offenses.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, we honestly think had the Raiders lost they'd target Harbaugh and Fangio, but because their season ends next week instead, they will stick with the guy who went 5-4?
I think it’s more of a possibility than it would be if they lost. That’s all. Forgive me for wanting good things to happen to the Bears.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah man i would totally hate for the Bears to play good defense, run the ball and be 11th in the league in scoring.

Do you want to know why they were ranked so low in passing categories? Because they didn't attempt to throw the ball because Greg Roman is one of the few OCs who believes in running the ball until a team forces them to throw. This roster doesnt scream modern NFL. Their best WR next year is Mooney. They have a mediocre OL and TEs. It doesnt scream any kind of offense. It screams find a guy who will play to player strengths.
This team won't win until and unless the roster does scream modern day NFL, and playing 1980's football is not he answer.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think it’s more of a possibility than it would be if they lost. That’s all. Forgive me for wanting good things to happen to the Bears.
Yeah, I suppose the Raiders winning is at least the best case. I just think its unrealistic to think Harbaugh woudn't wait if the Raiders job truly interests him. Or at least to leverage their opening for more money, power or both if he did go to Chicago. But, it's better than if their job opened tomorrow, I guess. Leave him wondering if it might not.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Bears being able to draft Justin Fields was a miracle.

Raiders are winning and will make the playoffs if they do. Will be difficult for Mark Davis not to make interim head coach Bisacci officially HC after all the shit they’ve been through with Gruden, Ruggs, etc.

This leaves the Bears the front runners for a Harbaugh reunion. A head coach with top 10 winning % in NFL history that has been successful at every stop.

Are the stars FINALLY aligning in the universe for the Bears to have their first franchise QB and sustained success with a top notch head coach and staff?

???

Very good point. It's pretty much a done deal.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, how dare Harbaugh win with all of that talent. Also, damn you Matt Nagy for not winning with all of that non-talent!

You cant win with some people.
Nobody said it was bad for him to win with talent. I simply said comparing a coach in a 4 year period with a very good roster to lifetime winning % of coaches is silly. Bill Belichik's winning % got worse when he had Cam Newton than it was with Tom Brady. Did he become a worse coach?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nobody said it was bad for him to win with talent. I simply said comparing a coach in a 4 year period with a very good roster to lifetime winning % of coaches is silly. Bill Belichik's winning % got worse when he had Cam Newton than it was with Tom Brady. Did he become a worse coach?
He’s also been wildly successful at every stop. Starting with university of San Diego, Stanford, and Michigan.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No.

But 4 years is a decent sample size. 3 years of at least getting to the conference finals. There's consistency. What i like about Harbaugh(and its not like he's my first choice, i just dont like a lot of this pushback) is that he, like his brother, puts together good staffs and is a good evaluator of talent. Two things drastically missing right now.

My biggest concern is his reputation for burning bridges. But if they could give him full power or a GM of his choosing, maybe things can work out long term. They have 4 years left of Fields value. I think a lot of these names are big risks, where as i think we all have a good idea of what we'd get with Harbaugh.