Arlington ish going to happen, probably an ownership stake too

Montucky

Liked Posts:
dont care about centrally located if it takes hours to get to in the city. there is a reason that other teams have moved the stadiums outside their city as well. Major city's are a congested fucking nightmare
Are you saying the trains get congested? You know they operate on tracks right?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Are you saying the trains get congested? You know they operate on tracks right?
yes trains get congested all the time, but regardless most people drive cars so actually having parking is a huge plus. not to mention its close to the airport, you can actually tailgate if you wanted. it wont take hours to get home after the game for most people. closer to Halas hall, the Bears would actually own the land it was on.. there is a shit ton of advantages for the Bears moving there

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Trading in a historically significant location (sadly no longer an historically significant building, but even that is fixable with the right amount of willpower) located on the lakefront of one of America's best looking cities that is also centrally located with dozens of rail lines and four interstates all converging on it for Arlington Heights is perhaps the dumbest fucking idea I have ever heard from the Bears organization.
the Bears are a business, and as such they should what is best for their BUSINESS.

central location with a pretty view is horribly outweighed by 1) no income for the McCaskeys related to Soldier Field 2) the turf is a complete joke and a competitive disadvantage and 3) they have the smallest and ugliest stadium in football. that’s embarrassing for a founding franchise with a fan base that loves its team as much as Chicago loves the Bears.

Bust

Liked Posts:
One Super Bowl every twenty-five or so years? And I could not care less about parking at all. Take the damn train.

I'm pro tearing down the mistake on the lake and replacing it with something better. But locating that new stadium in the sticks is just dumb as hell.

that's old school mentality and that is fine but your time is done.

This is also great time to expand. The new TV deal kicks off next season and each NFL franchise pockets 300 million in tv money before a single ticket is sold for the next 11 years, lol

Tillman33

Liked Posts:

Bluhm about to take over after failing in the 80’s, plus the Arlington connection.

It would be funny if Lori Lightweight is remembered as the Mayor that lost the Bears. That’s up there with the Nucky-Thompson like ones that went to prison for corruption.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Centrally located to what? Bears fans at the games are probably a small percentage from the city actually. The idea that the beautiful city is why people are coming to the games is dumb. Plus if people are traveling from distance to come to the games, then odds are they may be spending a weekend and also going to the city 30 minutes away. Again the idea that Arlington heights is a po dunk town is beyond stupid, quit using that logic

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would love to see a poll of season ticket holders on where they would prefer to go for the games. My guess is that the majority of them don't even live in Chicago. I'd also hazard a guess that they would much rather take the tollways and expressways away from the city than to try and fight their way through traffic in the city.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
One Super Bowl every twenty-five or so years? And I could not care less about parking at all. Take the damn train.

I'm pro tearing down the mistake on the lake and replacing it with something better. But locating that new stadium in the sticks is just dumb as hell.
Where do you think Arlington Heights is?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Centrally located to what? Bears fans at the games are probably a small percentage from the city actually. The idea that the beautiful city is why people are coming to the games is dumb. Plus if people are traveling from distance to come to the games, then odds are they may be spending a weekend and also going to the city 30 minutes away. Again the idea that Arlington heights is a po dunk town is beyond stupid, quit using that logic
It is a po-dunk town that is an onerous drive from people on the south side of the city (and south suburbs). Really I think the enthusiasm for this move is primarily motivated by people eager at the chance of not having to deal with literally any people who aren't white, since Arlington Heights even by northern suburban standards is blindingly pale.

Because anyone who claims this far flung suburb is somehow more accessible than one of the three urban centers on the whole continent with a real metropolitan rail network is simply not arguing in good faith. A quick glance at a map of Chicago shows that basically everything flows into downtown, not into fucking Arlington Heights.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Calling people too stupid when you actually believed Trump was going to overturn the election LMFAO.

Content too good.
Don't you have to go blow your dog or something? IDK why you keep responding to me when you damn well know I don't give a shit about anything you have to say.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I be from the south side. South side represent

Arlington Heights / Schaumburg area is densely populated. it's a mini metropolis.

For every 10 fans lost from your neck of the woods the Bears will gain 100 moar from the nw burbs as replacements.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
yes trains get congested all the time, but regardless most people drive cars so actually having parking is a huge plus. not to mention its close to the airport, you can actually tailgate if you wanted. it wont take hours to get home after the game for most people. closer to Halas hall, the Bears would actually own the land it was on.. there is a shit ton of advantages for the Bears moving there
O'Hare to Arlington Park: 16.2 miles
O'Hare to Soldier Field: 20.0 miles

And let's not even get into Midway, which is twice as far from downtown as it is from Lake County.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
so they should move back to Decatur IL to maintain that "Historical" significance? or maybe play at Wrigley field again?
Change happens.. But the Bears building a modern stadium that can house 80k+ that could have a retractile roof to house the Superbowl.. all with ease of access and actual parking? yeah thats the opposite of disastrous for the Bears org

Superbowl in Chicago would be a fun trip for anybody!!!!!!!!

Who the fuck cares about interstates and all the other bullshit he rattled off? That 80k+ venue will be packed every Sunday even if you have to go by horse and buggy down one dirt road to get there.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

Why? Because you don't want to drive to Arlington?

80k+ seats at a higher cost than the current stadium means a ton of money for the organization. I would think they see it as the opposite of dumb and don't care about your feeling about parking and driving. Idiot.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Superbowl in Chicago would be a fun trip for anybody!!!!!!!!

Who the fuck cares about interstates and all the other bullshit he rattled off? That 80k+ venue will be packed every Sunday even if you have to go by horse and buggy down one dirt road to get there.
It would happen almost never because you can't golf in Chicago in February. This is the reason Minneapolis gets the dance once every twenty-five years, and at least the stadium there is in town and not in the middle of nowhere.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why? Because you don't want to drive to Arlington?

80k+ seats at a higher cost than the current stadium means a ton of money for the organization. I would think they see it as the opposite of dumb and don't care about your feeling about parking and driving. Idiot.
Why not build an eighty thousand seat stadium on the current site? Too many blacks around?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
It is a po-dunk town that is an onerous drive from people on the south side of the city (and south suburbs). Really I think the enthusiasm for this move is primarily motivated by people eager at the chance of not having to deal with literally any people who aren't white, since Arlington Heights even by northern suburban standards is blindingly pale.

Because anyone who claims this far flung suburb is somehow more accessible than one of the three urban centers on the whole continent with a real metropolitan rail network is simply not arguing in good faith. A quick glance at a map of Chicago shows that basically everything flows into downtown, not into fucking Arlington Heights.

Way to play the race card to further your idiotic stance. You are sounding dumber by the post.