Arlington ish going to happen, probably an ownership stake too

Bust

Liked Posts:
Why not build an eighty thousand seat stadium on the current site? Too many blacks around?

300+ acres is why.

The expansion capabilities are limitless with that much land at your disposal. The infrastructure is already in place too? <parking, roads, metra>, winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Why not build an eighty thousand seat stadium on the current site? Too many blacks around?

I guess I haven't done a research project on the number of white people and the number of non white people. If you truly think this is factoring into the decision making process, then you are even dumber than I thought you were about 3 minutes ago. You are setting records for increasing your stupidity.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It is a po-dunk town that is an onerous drive from people on the south side of the city (and south suburbs). Really I think the enthusiasm for this move is primarily motivated by people eager at the chance of not having to deal with literally any people who aren't white, since Arlington Heights even by northern suburban standards is blindingly pale.

Because anyone who claims this far flung suburb is somehow more accessible than one of the three urban centers on the whole continent with a real metropolitan rail network is simply not arguing in good faith. A quick glance at a map of Chicago shows that basically everything flows into downtown, not into fucking Arlington Heights.
Lol okay. The idea that this is race related is pretty special. You'd think the way you talk they are moving cross country, not to a metropolitan suburb of Chicago. The po-dunk label is also stupid. I'm seeing a trend there with you and stupid takes. Also let's completely ignore that San Francisco and new York, which are bigger cities, also don't have their teams within the city.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I guess I haven't done a research project on the number of white people and the number of non white people. If you truly think this is factoring into the decision making process, then you are even dumber than I thought you were about 3 minutes ago. You are setting records for increasing your stupidity.
If you think its not, especially in the Chicagoland area, you're being naive.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
300+ acres is why.

The expansion capabilities are limitless with that much land at your disposal. The infrastructure is already in place too? <parking, roads, metra>, winner winner chicken dinner!!!!
You know basically all of Chicago's downtown lakefront is landfill right? If you want three hundred acres on the lakefront you can make that happen, they have done it repeatedly throughout the cities history.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think its pretty funny how people bring up the Metra connection in the countryside as some great boon when the vast majority of people taking the train to the game will have to connect to the Bumfuck Egypt Line through one of the train stations located a quick walk from where the Bears used to play. Not really an upgrade when you think of it that way.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
In comparison to a town of nearly three million? Might as well move the Bears back to Decatur like someone said before.
It's a fucking suburb. For God sake. Let me know when Decatur is a suburb of a major metropolitan area

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well if we're going to base it on history, we're in 100% agreement. Decatur it is!
Does Decatur have any obscure distant suburbs? What the Bears really need is Decatur's version of Arlington Heights, you'll see the Bears drowning in Super Bowls and parking then!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does Decatur have any obscure distant suburbs? What the Bears really need is Decatur's version of Arlington Heights, you'll see the Bears drowning in Super Bowls and parking then!
Arlington Heights is obscure now?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Has montucky ever left Chicago? People who aren't from Chicago or Illinois basically consider the suburbs Chicago.