Arlington ish going to happen, probably an ownership stake too

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are so angry, Montucky. Always seething at the fingertips. Perhaps you wouldn't be so depressed if you channeled all this energy/rage into a 2nd job. Montana is pretty, but it's also pretty stagnant. I'm sure you could find a nice girl in a bigger city/state if you bootstrapped it up out of Montana.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If its outside the Tri-State it might as well be in Montana as far as I'm concerned.
Luckily you're in the minority.

I honestly would be fine if it stayed in the city, but if the opportunity isn't presenting itself this location in Arlington heights seems like a good alternative. I just can't make sense of the outrage and the inability to comprehend suburbs

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Has montucky ever left Chicago? People who aren't from Chicago or Illinois basically consider the suburbs Chicago.
People from the suburbs consider the suburbs part of Chicago. Most people who grew up in the city are pretty keen to mark the distinction between the two, I'm probably more lenient than most.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I honestly would be fine if it stayed in the city, but if the opportunity isn't presenting itself this location in Arlington heights seems like a good alternative. I just can't make sense of the outrage and the inability to comprehend suburbs
It's my favorite part. It's like children finding out there is no Santa Claus.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
People from the suburbs consider the suburbs part of Chicago. Most people who grew up in the city are pretty keen to mark the distinction between the two, I'm probably more lenient than most.
Is it going to limit the amount of games you can make it to if it's in Arlington heights?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Is it going to limit the amount of games you can make it to if it's in Arlington heights?
I'm a Chicagoan by birth and by upbringing. If the Bears move to the outer limits of not just the city but the metro area that's a huge blow to my connection with the franchise. I would probably switch allegiances to a second professional team should they actually play in the city, in the .00001% chance that were to happen.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm a Chicagoan by birth and by upbringing. If the Bears move to the outer limits of not just the city but the metro area that's a huge blow to my connection with the franchise. I would probably switch allegiances to a second professional team should they actually play in the city, in the .00001% chance that were to happen.
Do you still travel by horse and buggy?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
O'Hare to Arlington Park: 16.2 miles
O'Hare to Soldier Field: 20.0 miles

And let's not even get into Midway, which is twice as far from downtown as it is from Lake County.

Come on... Anyone in Chicago knows you don't measure how far something is in miles, but rather in minutes (due to traffic, etc.)

Currently, I am literally a quarter of a mile from O'Hare. Based on what my GPS shows, I would get to the Arlington Heights location in 23 minutes, but it would take me 55 minutes to get to Soldier Field. I'd imagine it would be much worse on a weekend during a Bears game.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Come on... Anyone in Chicago knows you don't measure how far something is in miles, but rather in minutes (due to traffic, etc.)

Currently, I am literally a quarter of a mile from O'Hare. Based on what my GPS shows, I would get to the Arlington Heights location in 23 minutes, but it would take me 55 minutes to get to Soldier Field. I'd imagine it would be much worse on a weekend during a Bears game.
There is also a direct train that runs every eight minutes from O'Hare Terminal One to downtown Chicago. So no matter how fucked up the Kennedy is you can always count on arriving to downtown at the same time (not so with the Addams).

Bust

Liked Posts:

A 300 acre land mass going up for sale is like a once in a lifetime opportunity for the big spenders. Also see how fast the village of Arlington Heights approved a stadium build there already. They want the Bears!

McCaskey's will have 300+ million in tv revenue that will help pay out of pocket expenses. They are guaranteed this cash flow each season for the next 11 years without a single ticket being sold!

TIME IS NOW!!!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There is also a direct train that runs every eight minutes from O'Hare Terminal One to downtown Chicago. So no matter how fucked up the Kennedy is you can always count on arriving to downtown at the same time (not so with the Addams).
Are you under the impression that they'd just build a stadium without a coordinated effort by IDOT, Metra, CTA, and Pace to help relieve traffic congestion?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Indianapolis is basically as close as Arlington heights. So I guess a logical choice is to become a Colts fan

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Are you under the impression that they'd just build a stadium without a coordinated effort by IDOT, Metra, CTA, and Pace to help relieve traffic congestion?
The time horizon on this effort would take decades if not a century to be fulfilled. How's that Red Line extension coming along these days?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, but as mentioned, many people prefer to drive.

But if I look to see how long it would take to take a train, etc. it's an hour and 32 minutes to get from the blue line stop in Rosemont to Soldier Field... which is even worse haha.

Directly from O'Hare, it would take an hour and 13 minutes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, but as mentioned, many people prefer to drive.

But if I look to see how long it would take to take a train, etc. it's an hour and 32 minutes to get from the blue line stop in Rosemont to Soldier Field... which is even worse haha.

Directly from O'Hare, it would take an hour and 13 minutes.
Please take it easy on the guy who moved out to Montana who will lose to his connection to the Bears if they move to another stadium.