I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For sure. They are definitely playing better tonight, and Denver is missing a ton of open shots too. At the time of my post, Denver had shot only 1 free throw, but there was so much contact on a lot of their shot attempts, but the refs let it go. Which I'm cool with in general, but it felt lopsided.

Murray is playing like complete ass for the 3rd time this series. Good chunk of it is Minny's defense, but he also looks like he doesn't know what to do when he has the ball.
Game 7 should be fun

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game 7 should be fun

I can't wait. It's safe to say that the winner of this series will be in the Finals. Question is... will they be good enough to beat a deep Celtics team (assuming Porzingis is back by then.)

I love this Denver team, so I'm rooting for them, but I wouldn't be upset at all if Minny won it all. I'd be cool OKC winning it all too.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I can't wait. It's safe to say that the winner of this series will be in the Finals. Question is... will they be good enough to beat a deep Celtics team (assuming Porzingis is back by then.)

I love this Denver team, so I'm rooting for them, but I wouldn't be upset at all if Minny won it all. I'd be cool OKC winning it all too.
I’d be good with OKC winning it, but I highly doubt they will

Minnesota is my team for this playoffs. I’ve always liked Mike Conley since his grizzlies days. Ant is the future face of the NBA IMO and I’ve always liked Gobert just cuz he’s one of the few that still plays defense

I don’t hate Denver, but they’ve been winning a lot the last few years, I’m ready to see someone else as long as it’s not the Celtics lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Denver can absolutely beat Boston.

Minnesota? Not so sure.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm rooting for Denver. If Denver loses to Minnesota, then the LeBron fans can't say the Lakers lost to the eventual Champs as their excuse #403409509. So that's a very low-worth consolation prize. So really, I'm not hard supporting anyone. However, Brunson's emergence has been fun to watch, even though he is a Knick. If they make it to the ECF or Finals(that takes some key injuries in their favor, I'm not saying I think they will go there, and damn, I have to add this disclaimer because some people are that knee-jerky stupid), ....anyways, I would I would love to see what happens if the Knicks make a run, in one of the rarer years I'm ok with any NY team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OKC would be wise to move on from Josh Giddey this offseason and try to get a vet that isn’t a defensive liability.

Knicks getting destroyed. Thibodeau is just an overrated coach.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
OKC would be wise to move on from Josh Giddey this offseason and try to get a vet that isn’t a defensive liability.

Knicks getting destroyed. Thibodeau is just an overrated coach.
Thibs has never done much adjusting from the regular season to the playoffs. I know, and have previously taken issue with, people will automatically go the amount of minutes his players play in the regular season, but Jalen Brunson averaged most the minutes for the Knicks this season and he was 14th in the NBA. Josh Hart was 34th.

DeMarr was 1st, Coby was 7th, and Vuc was top 30.

This isn't the year to criticize Thib when it comes to regular season minutes.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Knicks just had too many injuries. If they were mostly healthy, they would be in the ECF right now.

So far, Denver is continuing their cold streak. Especially Jamal Murray and MPJ. These dudes are missing such easy shots. Denver stands no chance if thye can't get it going.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every time I talk shit about Murray, he responds.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
jokic cant hit a 3 to save his life

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Well this is Boston's year to get it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boston in 5
Minnesota in 6

Then Boston in 6

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Minnesota knocking off Denver giving them a matchup problem as predicted

If the Celtics fail this year, they gotta blow it up

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
With Wolves defense and Ant in Jordan mode they could pull it off.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nuggets went full implosion there in the 2nd half. Really this is Boston's year if any

Gotta wonder as well if any of these failed runs inspire some team to take an interest in one of the Bulls players, probably not, but not every FO is smart

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Minnesota knocking off Denver giving them a matchup problem as predicted

If the Celtics fail this year, they gotta blow it up

if they lose to Celtics, then I would agree that they'd need to make a big move. And that move would be splitting up Brown and Tatum.

However, if they got to the finals and lost in 6 or 7, that isn't cause to blow it up, imo. I think you run it back at that point. This is the first year that they've played with Jrue and Porzingis. I think you give them another year to gel and get another crack at it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Michael Malone and Charles Barkley both made good points after the game.

Malone said how Denver, obviously, played late into the season last year. And then at the end of this season, their starters were still playing big minutes because they were battling for seed positioning. As opposed to last season when they had #1 basically locked up for a little while, and their starters were resting going into the playoffs. As a result of this, Malone said his team was mentally and physically gassed.

Barkley added to that point by stating that last season, the Nuggets had a better bench with Jeff Green and Bruce Brown who gave them valuable minutes, where as this season, it was basically a 6 man rotation.

If Denver wants to get back to the top, they'll need to add another 1-2 guys on the bench who can come in and contribute valuable minutes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All 4 teams left all have bench players that can give valuable minutes.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
if they lose to Celtics, then I would agree that they'd need to make a big move. And that move would be splitting up Brown and Tatum.

However, if they got to the finals and lost in 6 or 7, that isn't cause to blow it up, imo. I think you run it back at that point. This is the first year that they've played with Jrue and Porzingis. I think you give them another year to gel and get another crack at it.
I mean, how many failed title runs you going to watch Tatum and Brown go on at that point, before you realize that duo just ain’t working?

It’s not like this is their first opportunity

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boston in 5
Minnesota in 6

Then Boston in 6
Agreed.. though also wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota has to go 7.

Short of Minnesota's #1 defense really coming into play, just feel like Boston's #1 O and #3 D is too much for them. Key to beating Boston though is always getting the game close and forcing the ball into Tatum's hands in the 4th, where he chokes.

Reactions: BNB