Around The NBA(Playoffs) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Happy for the Grizz and their fans. Hope they take the spurs out.

Now time to cheer against Herpkins and the Thunder

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It feels like every time I see Nene with the ball he's dumpin on someone.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
spurs are flaming out..oh well

anyone but the lakers in my book

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chris Anderson with a monster block.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Snoozer played with the energy and had the lift of Nene, none of these games would have been close.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Heat lose.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but Stern is an avid Celtics fan. I would find it somewhat interesting that with 4 series on the verge of being sweeps, suddenly the Bulls and Heat lose but the Celtics sweep today. I found it odd that Stern went to Indy to watch game 4 and somewhat dubious.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
And the Celtics already got the whistle 3 times.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
And the Celtics already got the whistle 3 times.

When did Stern become such an avid Celtics fan? I don't think so...there are no conspiracies...Stern is not the reason the Bulls sucked yesterday...

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
When did Stern become such an avid Celtics fan? I don't think so...there are no conspiracies...Stern is not the reason the Bulls sucked yesterday...

I disagree. The Pacers and Bulls are playing by two sets of rules. The Pacers are frequently being given lifelines when they need one so to keep the game close or allow them some margin.

If you were going to poke holes in my comment, the Bulls-Pacers seriese isnt the way to go. The Sixers needed to drain 2 tough 3s to come from behind today. Theres no way that can be scripted. You could, however, suggest something was afoot from the fact that Wade only went to the line 4 times.

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I disagree. The Pacers and Bulls are playing by two sets of rules. The Pacers are frequently being given lifelines when they need one so to keep the game close or allow them some margin.

If you were going to poke holes in my comment, the Bulls-Pacers seriese isnt the way to go. The Sixers needed to drain 2 tough 3s to come from behind today. Theres no way that can be scripted. You could, however, suggest something was afoot from the fact that Wade only went to the line 4 times.

If you think that Bulls series is close because of Stern, you are way off. I poked holes in your theory by first questioning Stern being an avid Celtics fan. Also, Stern personally watches every series in the playoffs up close at least once per series.

Finally, Stern was an avid KNICKS fan, not Celtics fan...and he stated that. So I don't understand your conspiracy theory at all. Bulls not playing as they should in the playoffs is not a conspiracy...Rose has been to the line 1 million times....

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
If you think that Bulls series is close because of Stern, you are way off. I poked holes in your theory by first questioning Stern being an avid Celtics fan. Also, Stern personally watches every series in the playoffs up close at least once per series.

Finally, Stern was an avid KNICKS fan, not Celtics fan...and he stated that. So I don't understand your conspiracy theory at all. Bulls not playing as they should in the playoffs is not a conspiracy...Rose has been to the line 1 million times....

Dont be naive. I did a quick google and apparently Stern's been meddling since the first year he was commissioner. Here is a quote from Larry Bird in 1984 where he's mad at Stern for the series being extended to 7 games.

Eh? I was intrigued. Unfortunately, a simple Google search failed me, so I started poking around The Boston Globe's online archives*. On June 11, 1984, the Globe ran an article written by Dan Shaughnessy called Bird: NBA Wanted 7. After the Celtics lost Game 6, Larry Legend was pissed, but not at the Lakers or his teammates. He was steamed at the Commish.

"Stern told a fan that the NBA needed a seven-game series, that the league needed the money. When the commissioner makes a statement like that to a fan, you know it's going to be tough. When Stern makes a statement like that, things are going to happen. You just don't make statements like that and not expect anything out of it. He's the commissioner and he shouldn't be saying anything like that. The NBA wanted a seventh game because they wanted to make more money and they got their wish. There is no reason for me to lie. He said it. He's a man and he'll live up to it. He may say he said it in jest. But I'm out there trying to make a living and win a championship."

Those were some pretty strong words from Bird**. Was there any validity to the claim? It's hard to say, since Game 6 is the only game of that series I haven't seen. But I can tell you this: The Celtics were in control for most of the game, leading by four after one quarter, by six at halftime, and by 11 with 3:59 left in the third quarter. But then things turned around in a hurry, as the Lakers outscored the Celtics 46-24 the rest of the way, enjoying a 35-17 advantage*** at the line and winning 119-108 despite Bird's 28/14/8. [This information comes from the Boston Celtics 1984 Championship Official Souvenir Book.]

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Dont be naive. I did a quick google and apparently Stern's been meddling since the first year he was commissioner. Here is a quote from Larry Bird in 1984 where he's mad at Stern for the series being extended to 7 games.

You are naive....not me. Apparently Stern has been meddling because Bird said so? Mourning said that the Bulls were a bit Stern conspiracy...you believe that? I don't, I just think Jordan and the Bulls were better than everybody else. Players always make those statements...but this is the first round...and it should be very clear why the Bulls can't win these games handily....unless Boozer is in on the conspiracy...

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
You are naive....not me. Apparently Stern has been meddling because Bird said so? Mourning said that the Bulls were a bit Stern conspiracy...you believe that? I don't, I just think Jordan and the Bulls were better than everybody else. Players always make those statements...but this is the first round...and it should be very clear why the Bulls can't win these games handily....unless Boozer is in on the conspiracy...

So, you're not naive because you choose to stick your head in the sand and ignore years of evidence to the contrary? OK.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
So, you're not naive because you choose to stick your head in the sand and ignore years of evidence to the contrary? OK.

I don't have my head stuck anywhere....blaming these games on a conspiracy by Stern based on your theories, which are senseless, is pure naivete....and no, I don't believe it...especially not based on a quote from 1984 and your belief that Stern is some closeted Celtics fan, which is unfounded.

Your explanation of the Knicks/Celtics series is horribly off base. That is enough to disprove your arguments right there. Again, if there was a conspiracy, wouldn't Stern do everything he can to keep the Knicks in that series? I mean, New York is the number one television market...again, makes no sense...

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I don't have my head stuck anywhere....blaming these games on a conspiracy by Stern based on your theories, which are senseless, is pure naivete....and no, I don't believe it...especially not based on a quote from 1984 and your belief that Stern is some closeted Celtics fan, which is unfounded.

Your explanation of the Knicks/Celtics series is horribly off base. That is enough to disprove your arguments right there. Again, if there was a conspiracy, wouldn't Stern do everything he can to keep the Knicks in that series? I mean, New York is the number one television market...again, makes no sense...

To be so dismissive after all that has happened is highly naive. I can get someone saying that they doubt it but to speak in such absolute terms in denying the possibility, at this point, is more naive than the people who absolutely believe in the various conspiracy theories.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
To be so dismissive after all that has happened is highly naive. I can get someone saying that they doubt it but to speak in such absolute terms in denying the possibility, at this point, is more naive than the people who absolutely believe in the various conspiracy theories.

Lol...you damn right I'm being dismissive. Stern is a lawyer, surrounded by accountants, facing a long negotiation over the CBA that could cut off part of the season...so it would make sense to cut off 3 possible Knicks games? Because Stern is a Celtics fan? I don't think so...I am always dismissive of cockamamie theories...the stuff I DON'T believe about religion would probably blow your mind...lol

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stern doesn't want the Bulls to lose games to the Pacers. If anything, it would be the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.