Around the NFL - Free Agency Period

Rise

Liked Posts:
Because we already have a backup in nick foles what kind of Special person team signs two backup QBs with one on a decent deal and on the team already. If you think Nick foles is going to be traded you're fucking lost and if you cut him you lose money.

Because sensitive Matt Nagy is butt hurt that both Foles and Trubisky dared to question his genius play calling. I can’t think of any other reason to do this.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because we already have a backup in nick foles what kind of Special person team signs two backup QBs with one on a decent deal and on the team already. If you think Nick foles is going to be traded you're fucking lost and if you cut him you lose money.

I think you know the answer to this....

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Because sensitive Matt Nagy is butt hurt that both Foles and Trubisky dared to question his genius play calling. I can’t think of any other reason to do this.
Thats childish and pace should fire him on the spot of even the mention of some stupid shit like this, because he was the sole reason they traded for Nick foles.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
DOnt know about you guys, but Id much rather have Trubisky than Foles/Dolton. He is a much better QB at this point

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Pats signed Hunter Henry...

I think the organization is having some weird mid life crisis. Can maybe another franchise call them and say "hey buddy, you aren't acting like yourself. Are you okay?".

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Pats signed Hunter Henry...

I think the organization is having some weird mid life crisis. Can maybe another franchise call them and say "hey buddy, you aren't acting like yourself. Are you okay?".
They are trying to relive the Gronk-Hernandez double TE magic. lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why? Gut feeling?

Yeah just going off of the rumors of them also being all in on Watson and having the 10th pick to trade and the rumor that Watson is intrigued with M.Rhule and Carolina.

With the Jets, i've had them as the leader all along so just sticking with them and they have some great assets to trade for him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone remember how long free agency has to go before the players you sign don't count towards the comp formula? I know its a while, just don't remember when. After the draft maybe?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Patriots basically stole Hunter Henry for that money.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Patriots basically stole Hunter Henry for that money.
Yeah I find it weird that he costs less than Jonnu Smith. Granted, Henry has been hurt, but the guy has a higher ceiling.

I wonder who will be the in-line blocking guy (like Gronk) and who will be the split end (like Hernandez)? Maybe those roles are totally outdated, but I'm just wondering how that works without a blocker? I might be naïve in specifics about both Smith and Henry, but I thought both were receivers first and neither really blocked that well.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah I find it weird that he costs less than Jonnu Smith. Granted, Henry has been hurt, but the guy has a higher ceiling.

I wonder who will be the in-line blocking guy (like Gronk) and who will be the split end (like Hernandez)? Maybe those roles are totally outdated, but I'm just wondering how that works without a blocker? I might be naïve in specifics about both Smith and Henry, but I thought both were receivers first and neither really blocked that well.
I was reading yesterday that Smith is a very good blocker. I honestly don't know that Henry does have the higher upside. Smith seems more complete and is potentially still developing as a receiver.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

I'm not sure they planned on signing Hunter Henry until they got wind of what the cost would be. $25,000,000 guaranteed for a starting caliber tight end (there are fewer than thirty-two in the league)? Its a steal.