At least we didn't draft DeShaun Watson

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didn't watch football last year did ya? I wouldn't give up on the guy just yet. Had a big brain fart late in the last game that cost them. With guys coming off serious injury, might need a few games under their belt to get it out of their mind. Se how he progresses over the next several weeks.

I'm also interested to see how well Wentz bounces back as he'll be returning next week.

Lol so you can apply these excuses to Watson, but not Turdbursky?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Didn't watch football last year did ya? I wouldn't give up on the guy just yet. Had a big brain fart late in the last game that cost them. With guys coming off serious injury, might need a few games under their belt to get it out of their mind. Se how he progresses over the next several weeks.

I'm also interested to see how well Wentz bounces back as he'll be returning next week.

Last year Watson was 2-4. I seemed to point that out to you as well as the turnover issue.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I watched him he threw a lot of 50/50 balls that could of gone etheir way. DeAndre Hopkins and Fuller saved him with athletism. Now that he has tape he's not that scary.

If Watson played more than 6 games he would of been exposed but he is injury prone and not his style to finish a season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol so you can apply these excuses to Watson, but not Turdbursky?
I'm talking about giving a guy, who has shown firepower, a few weeks to get back into the swing of things while you dweebs are talking about giving a QB, who has shown nothing, a couple more years. Perspective, brother.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Much of the blame needs to go to Nagy with some terrible play calling. But, Mitch was to blame too. I blame the loss on the D though. It was a complete choke fest in the 2nd half. McCarthy owned Fangio.

Unless it was conditioning (which still comes down to Fangio) I blame Fangio. The defense did not play the 2nd half up to their ability. Not one sack on a one legged QB and a supposedly crap oline?
How does a D go from owning an offense to being owned by the offense except coaching.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm talking about giving a guy, who has shown firepower, a few weeks to get back into the swing of things while you dweebs are talking about giving a QB, who has shown nothing, a couple more years. Perspective, brother.

It's just funny how you can come up with excuse after excuse for Watson, but anytime someone gives Trubisky an excuse then it's complete BS. Funny!

Washington

Liked Posts:
Unless it was conditioning (which still comes down to Fangio) I blame Fangio. The defense did not play the 2nd half up to their ability. Not one sack on a one legged QB and a supposedly crap oline?
How does a D go from owning an offense to being owned by the offense except coaching.

The D, what most are calling a top 5 D, had a 20-0 lead but the team losing the lead is completely on the QB who did not turn the ball over. Makes sense. Fangio was outcoached. Even yesterday, I liked how he was aggressive but for some reason he stopped and chose to only rush 4 in the 4th qtr and Seattle got right back in the game. Fangio needs the killer instinct but he gets a free pass from CCS and the QB gets all the blame.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Last year Watson was 2-4. I seemed to point that out to you as well as the turnover issue.

So Trubisky has more wins.

Watson needs to start winning games. He has a better offense as well.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Players who have the warrior spirit need to also have excuses, apparently.

Seems very Spartan....lol

Reactions: Myk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They actually did...twice. But don't let that fact get in the way of a good troll troll.
Those two fgs were critical to the non victory.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's just funny how you can come up with excuse after excuse for Watson, but anytime someone gives Trubisky an excuse then it's complete BS. Funny!
Again it's not an excuse. He comes off a serious injury. Before that injury he showed a ton more firepower in a stretch of 6 games than Trubisky has in 14. So much so that it's laughable.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Again it's not an excuse. He comes off a serious injury. Before that injury he showed a ton more firepower in a stretch of 6 games than Trubisky has in 14. So much so that it's laughable.

DeShaun Watson had 30 college starts.

Mitchell Trubisky has half that if you include his NFL starts.

If you're going to do the experince arguement please look at the facts.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is just as nauseating as the Mahomes, Watson and Jimmy G. are football gods threads.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
With Watson experience he should be blowing Trubisky out if the water but he's not for good reason.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeShaun Watson had 30 college starts.

Mitchell Trubisky has half that if you include his NFL starts.

If you're going to do the experince arguement please look at the facts.
That just tells me you'd have to be an idiot to trade up and get a guy who struggled to win a starting job in college and didn't have much experience while you're looking for an immediate replacement at QB.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is just as nauseating as the Mahomes, Watson and Jimmy G. are football gods threads.

Are you suggesting I made this to expose the insanity and crying of "Why isn't Trubisky good yet thread?"?