ATT: LOVIE NUTHUGGERS - please return to reality

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Can't Trestman suck and Lovie be mediocre?

Because based on their performances that is what they are.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie didn't inherit a good team though. He inherited a crap team and almost immediately made them competitive. Pretty much the polar opposite of what Tretman has done (inheriting a 10-6 team and making them awful).

LOL you sure about that? He inherited all his core defensive playmakers: Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown (2000 draft class), Lance Briggs, Peanut Tillman (2003 draft).

Jauron went 13-3 as a playoff team in 2001. Let's not act like Lovie inherited some crap team completely devoid of talent. He had the table set for him defensively. All he needed was 1 player at 3 technique (Tommie Harris in 2004) to round out his defensive system.

Reactions: DC

jc456

Liked Posts:
Can't Trestman suck and Lovie be mediocre?

Because based on their performances that is what they are.

Well definitely Lovie was/ is anything but mediocre. Trestman should have been fired after GB. The entire staff along with Phillips. I'd want Trestman fired even if he were mediocre. I'm done with mediocrity here. Haven't we been there long enough? I'm also ok with letting Cutler go at the end of the year and save money. I'm tired of watching games along side other team fans and the Bears looking like the bitch. Just done with it all. Why can't we as fans, finally get a football mind in the front office and start progression to move above mediocrity? I'm just saying.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol...love this stupid argument while Cutler's numbers are marginally improved under Trestman all the while leading the league in turnovers. What an impact Trestman has had over the "horrible" Lovie...lol....

BEARS

I don't blame Trestman for Cutler's issues. Cutler is out of excuses. He's got a great surrounding cast, a legit offensive mind and system, and is still the same player he has always been. It's not coaching, it's Cutler.

How else do you explain McCown being a complete bum previously in his career and previously here in Chicago, yet playing out of his mind last year when he got a chance to work with Trestman and this surrounding cast, then going back to being same bum he was previously with Lovie in Tampa now?

If Trestman can get that of of McCown he can get that out of another QB that's willing to run his system the way it's supposed to be run. I have a hard time blaming Trestman's system for the mental deficiencies of Jay Cutler. Sorry.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Jauron went 13-3 in 2001. Therefore, Smith inherited a decent team in 2001. Makes sense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
LOL you sure about that? He inherited all his core defensive playmakers: Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown (2000 draft class), Lance Briggs, Peanut Tillman (2003 draft).

Jauron went 13-3 as a playoff team in 2001. Let's not act like Lovie inherited some crap team completely devoid of talent. He had the table set for him defensively. All he needed was 1 player at 3 technique (Tommie Harris in 2004) to round out his defensive system.

And then went 4-12 the following year

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jauron went 13-3 in 2001. Therefore, Smith inherited a decent team in 2001. Makes sense.

Yeah it makes much more sense to pretend Urlacher, Brown, Briggs, and Tillman just magically appeared in the locker room the moment Lovie Smith was hired. Yup the 2001 season never happened and the Lovie inherited a 0-16 team with absolutely zero talent on the roster. Makes sense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah it makes much more sense to pretend Urlacher, Brown, Briggs, and Tillman just magically appeared in the locker room the moment Lovie Smith was hired. Yup the 2001 season never happened and the Lovie inherited a 0-16 team with absolutely zero talent on the roster. Makes sense.

The defense was near the bottom of the league in 2002 & 2003

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yeah it makes much more sense to pretend Urlacher, Brown, Briggs, and Tillman just magically appeared in the locker room the moment Lovie Smith was hired. Yup the 2001 season never happened and the Lovie inherited a 0-16 team with absolutely zero talent on the roster.

You know... When you start strawmanning to make your point, you've pretty much admitted you're wrong.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the awesome memories Lovie, but you're a failure as a head coach. You didn't draft any of the 00s superstars (except T. Harris) and you never fixed the secondary after Mike Brown (who you did not draft).

You failed to win a SB. Perhaps a little bit of accountability on offense would have changed that. Now, great players such as Urlacher, Brownie, Peanut and Briggs will never know what it's like to hoist the SB Trophy.

Again, thanks for the amazing memories though. I suppose I should be thanking JA and Jauron as well though.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck makes a thread like this the week before Thanksgiving.

Fuck is wrong with you, Broc?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did we jump from 2001 to 2004? Did 2002 and 2003 not happen?

4-12 then 7-9. Looks like they were on the upswing... until Lovie got hired and they went 5-11 because he completely mangled his first offensive coaching hire in Terry Shea and allowed his team to go into the season with a collection of bums at backup QB.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck makes a thread like this the week before Thanksgiving.

Fuck is wrong with you, Broc?

Sorry, I've got absolutely nothing to do at work... just burning time until I go on vacation tomorrow until Dec... needed something to make the day go by faster lol

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
4-12 then 7-9. Looks like they were on the upswing... until Lovie got hired and they went 5-11 because he completely mangled his first offensive coaching hire in Terry Shea and allowed his team to go into the season with a collection of bums at backup QB.

The D was horrible then...along with the offense.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Now you I thought was smarter than this, unless of course you are genius and presenting these stats that most won't realize are warped.

You start out by saying he is 50th in games coached and 49th in games won, presenting mediocrity. Of course, the 50 coaches that coached and won the most games in the history of the NFL are pretty much the top 50 coaches ever.
So you consider Jack Pardee, 45th in games coached, 47th in wins, a very good coach, in your top 50 of all time, and superior to Lovie Smith? I don't remember him so fondly. Maybe I'm just a Jack Pardee hater as well.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You guys are all just lucky Cobb hasn't seen this yet, he's going to rain self-righteous anger down on you motherfuckers like it's his job...racist mother fuckers.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
4-12 then 7-9. Looks like they were on the upswing...

So w3e won 13 games in 2001, then won 11 in the next 2 seasons combined and that = "upswing".... Got it.

and allowed his team to go into the season with a collection of bums at backup QB.

So Angelo gets a pass on the roster in your scenario.... Got it...

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I've got absolutely nothing to do at work... just burning time until I go on vacation tomorrow until Dec... needed something to make the day go by faster lol

Ha, alright man, carry on