Bacon

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me 425 thick cut 17 min on foil lined cookie sheet no flipping

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

You sound as scientific with cooking as I am. My wife just wings it most of the time. I need specifics.

malcore

It's tough to be as precise as Brett is professing because all appliances and stoves produce heat and measure it differently. Experimentation is the only way to perfect with given utilities.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You sound as scientific with cooking as I am. My wife just wings it most of the time. I need specifics.

I wing a lot but that happens to be perfect for thick cut oven bacon

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's tough to be as precise as Brett is professing because all appliances and stoves produce heat and measure it differently. Experimentation is the only way to perfect with given utilities.

True. I have to have some sort of basis. I'm not going in blind. It's a problem I have.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
th

a ham wrapped in bacon

A friend of ours made meatloaf topped with bacon. And, it was made in a cast iron skillet. Holy he'll that was good

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Totally agree. My stove is new and is currently accurate in temp. When you've made as much bacon as I have you get it down

malcore

Because of even cooking????

Taste trumps looks

Taste and cooking are very subjective. I don't consider your preference wrong, nor do I consider my preference right. They are preferences.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Taste and cooking are very subjective. I don't consider your preference wrong, nor do I consider my preference right. They are preferences.

I hear ya. But there is a right.

Ex. I love love love tombstone pizza. Its garbage pizza and I can say as much. My love is preference. That its garbage pizza is right

Nestle cookies same thing. Homemade gives you 100 points. Break and bake nestle are like 95

Same for bacon. Almost all my bacon is oven. But if I have time and permission stove will always be best

No biggie really

malcore

I hear ya. But there is a right.

Ex. I love love love tombstone pizza. Its garbage pizza and I can say as much. My love is preference. That its garbage pizza is right

Nestle cookies same thing. Homemade gives you 100 points. Break and bake nestle are like 95

Same for bacon. Almost all my bacon is oven. But if I have time and permission stove will always be best

No biggie really

No.

and...

For your taste.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anywhere from 300-400. I turn a few times for even cooking, but maybe 10-15 mins total, depending on how crisp you like your bacon.

I do this, but put the bacon on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet lined with foil. No flipping, my pitbull eats the bacon fat tin foil and shits out barbed wire.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna try this.

Can you use the dog waste for fencing?

you can, but you can also make it into jewelry. you can sell it to punk rocker kids like Bruce Springsteen fans and such...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whatever dude

Baked is better. Perfect combo of chewsome meat and crisped fat. I dont know who your trying to fool with your skillet method. God put pigs on this earth to be bacon, good stewards of God's bacon splendor have learned that roasting is the method that celebrates God's gift of bacon to His glory.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Baked is better. Perfect combo of chewsome meat and crisped fat. I dont know who your trying to fool with your skillet method. God put pigs on this earth to be bacon, good stewards of God's bacon splendor have learned that roasting is the method that celebrates God's gift of bacon to His glory.

Ignoring your religious .... whatever bacon is meant to be fried for best taste. Theres the bacon gala happening this weekend. Fried not baked.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ignoring your religious .... whatever bacon is meant to be fried for best taste. Theres the bacon gala happening this weekend. Fried not baked.

Nope. I had a vision. Bacon in a pan is for pagan heretics.