Ban bet.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
We need to work on something in context of QBR, Air time has some decent ideas.

Mitchapalooza

Again it's been stated the Bears will be a run first team.

if anything that helps cutler. the more he throws, the more he throws picks. if they run a lot = he throws less picks thus improving his ratio.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
That really has zero bearing on ratios... I don't think you understand how ratios work

Has 12 tds for season in sure he'll have along 5-6 picks. Shitty bet.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Touché. But why would injuries factor in? That's fair for both of us. I wouldn't win if cutler is injured but won stats wise, vice versa.

refering to the 400+ attempt idea?

I can see an argument breaking out between the 2 of you guys where he had 15 starts, but missed half a game here and 3/4s of a game there and the loser saying "well, he missed 9 quarters, which is more than 2 games".

If you dont dig the 400 attempts, that is cool, but I think you guys should define what counts as a missed game and what does not- 14 starts and the bet is off, 15 starts no matter how many quarters he misses of other games and it is on.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has 12 tds for season in sure he'll have along 5-6 picks. Shitty bet.

Wow...

If Cutler has 12 tds on the season, the bears will be lucky to win 4 games.

"Run first" doesn't mean "never throw"

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
refering to the 400+ attempt idea?

I can see an argument breaking out between the 2 of you guys where he had 15 starts, but missed half a game here and 3/4s of a game there and the loser saying "well, he missed 9 quarters, which is more than 2 games".

If you dont dig the 400 attempts, that is cool, but I think you guys should define what counts as a missed game and what does not- 14 starts and the bet is off, 15 starts no matter how many quarters he misses of other games and it is on.

Easy solution, just do top 12 in qb rating of all passers with more than 300 attempts. Nothing is left up to interpretation.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Easy solution, just do top 12 in qb rating of all passers with more than 300 attempts. Nothing is left up to interpretation.

There are gonna be 5-6 guys in the league that will hit 300 by week 7 or 8... seems like too small a sample size.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Cutler helps the Bears to 12 wins then Despo wins.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Here was my most recent counter for the ban bet...why he decided to make a separate thread in the bar is beyond me, but top 12 in passer rating is a fucking joke for how much you talk about how great of a QB he is. If Cutler can't achieve a top 10 rating which puts him at good status than what did he really accomplish. Top 15-11 is no different than the crap he has been giving us. If despbro is to scared to have top 10 as his benchmark than we need to add qualifiers to the top 12 passer rating benchmark....like a TD:Int ratio greater than 2:1 or 30+ TD's. The purpose of the bet was to determine Cutler's greatness, if he performances outside of the top 10 again what did he really accomplish?

If you honestly think Cutler is the future of this team, man up and do the top 10 ban bet...hell we can tack on the sig bet too if you really want. So the new bet if you have any balls, if Cutler fails to finish in the top 10 in passer rating you will be banned from the end of the regular season until the first game of the preseason and you have to sport a sig of my choosing (within the rules of CCS) for a whole year starting when the ban is complete. If Cutler finishes in the top 10 in passer rating the same applies to me. Do we have a deal?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Doesn't QBR constitute TDs? We know cutty isn't going to throw 30 tds, nice try though.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
And I said he's an elite qb just watching the damn game, you are the stats geek. He's a stud in the 4th quarter and where it counts.

Just because he doesn't throw ridiculous numbers doesn't mean he's not a way above average quarterback.

Mitchapalooza

And I said he's an elite qb just watching the damn game, you are the stats geek. He's a stud in the 4th quarter and where it counts.

Just because he doesn't throw ridiculous numbers doesn't mean he's not a way above average quarterback.

How can you say he's elite and say he doesn't have good stats.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
How can you say he's elite and say he doesn't have good stats.

I've seen some crazy throws, pressure in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, playing well with a makeshift o line, no receivers and the 6th coordinator of his tenure. He's done more with less than any qb I've seen.

Sorry you can't see that.

Oh and isn't he like top 20 all time in 4th quarter tds? Me 4th quarter baby!! Just watch this season. Going to be glorious

Mitchapalooza

I've seen some crazy throws, pressure in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, playing well with a makeshift o line, no receivers and the 6th coordinator of his tenure. He's done more with less than any qb I've seen.

Sorry you can't see that.

:obama: you can't claim elite with someone with average stats. Matt stafford has some crazy throws, is he elite?

you can say he has elite POTENTIAL but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Because QBR is seriously flawed, passer rating is at least less flawed

Oh and please explain how it's flawed, I'm trying to work with you here but cuckonny keeps derailing thread trying to argue.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Doesn't QBR constitute TDs? We know cutty isn't going to throw 30 tds, nice try though.

Fine the qualifier doesn't have to 30 TD's...you are right that is ridiculous considering the top 11 QB's last year all threw for 30+ TD's. how about an INT% less than 2.5? The point was top 12 in passer rating is a very weak benchmark for a QB you consider elite. My original bet was as simple as they come....top 10 in passer rating

Edit - the bolded part was supposed to be the top 11 QB's in TD's thrown were all above 30 TD's...it made it sound as if the top 11 in passer rating had 30 + TD's

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh and please explain how it's flawed, I'm trying to work with you here but cuckonny keeps derailing thread trying to argue.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/10/espns-qbr-ranks-ryan-fitzpatrick-ahead-of-tom-brady/

The problem is that you can go through the Total QBR rankings and find all kinds of other rankings that just don’t pass the smell test: Brian Hoyer is a top 10 quarterback, ranking ahead of Ben Roethlisberger, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson. Ryan Mallett, who was benched and cut, ranks ahead of Cam Newton, who’s getting some MVP buzz. Ryan Tannehill, who’s had his ups and downs, ranks dead last among the 32 ranked quarterbacks — behind Colin Kaepernick, who’s been nothing but down.