Ban bet.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get this feeling that derpbro wouldn't hold up his end of the deal anyways. This ban should be mod-enforced.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I get this feeling that derpbro wouldn't hold up his end of the deal anyways. This ban should be mod-enforced.

what cracks me up is he ducks the original bet then makes a new thread with a weak ass bet...after negotiating we come to a middle ground and then he ducks this bet saying he needs to talk to his stat nerd. This has gone beyond pathetic if he doesn't sack up to the bet.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you not know how to use the multi quote feature? You're turning into The Hawk.

posting at 12:41am, damn you are living it up during your summer vacation.

Do you not know how to use the multi quote feature? You're turning into The Hawk.

If you can give me a tutorial on how to multi-quote that would be great?

How's the Pokemon Go rehab from meth going?

How often do you need to oil the bearing on your wheelchair?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
what cracks me up is he ducks the original bet then makes a new thread with a weak ass bet...after negotiating we come to a middle ground and then he ducks this bet saying he needs to talk to his stat nerd. This has gone beyond pathetic if he doesn't sack up to the bet.

It's been beyond pathetic for a while.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ban bets are fucking stupid.

Not even sure what the purpose of this one is.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't even make sense because there's a huge issue of Cutler's ranking being more based on others performance than his own. If some guys in front of him get hurt, have uncharacteristically down seasons etc then Cutler might hit some threshold you've decided makes him "better" but in any logical or reasonable universe he didn't really "improve" as much as others around him fell off. Taking one isolated year and saying "Cutler is Top whatever in passer rating, I win a bet" is a pretty fucking stupid way to go about it. If any bet was going to be made I'd use Cutler's numbers alone compared to career norms and make the bet based on what you expect him to personally do, not what you expect him to do versus the league...but even at that point Cutler could personally improve but still look like average garbage compared to the rest of the NFL(see his "career best" passer rating from last year.

I'm not even sure using Rate+ would be fair as a normalized number because that's measured relative to the league as well but this entire situation and idea is fucking stupid.

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ban bets are fucking stupid.

Not even sure what the purpose of this one is.

The purpose of the ban bet is twofold for me:

1) If I win than I did the board a huge service in that we won't have to hear the endless excuses throughout the offseason as to why Cutler keeps falling short.

2) If I lose, I get to skip the offseason on here and won't have to listen to the meatballs claiming Cutler is some savior.

I don't think Cutler has ever been in the top 10 in passer rating and I know he has never had a 2:1 TD:Int ratio...so while I agree these are far from perfect measurables for the this bet, I'm more than willing to bet on Cutler continuing his mediocre path than for him to turn in a great season.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watch Cutler get hurt, than it is finally FALES TIME

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The purpose of the ban bet is twofold for me:

1) If I win than I did the board a huge service in that we won't have to hear the endless excuses throughout the offseason as to why Cutler keeps falling short.

2) If I lose, I get to skip the offseason on here and won't have to listen to the meatballs claiming Cutler is some savior.

I don't think Cutler has ever been in the top 10 in passer rating and I know he has never had a 2:1 TD:Int ratio...so while I agree these are far from perfect measurables for the this bet, I'm more than willing to bet on Cutler continuing his mediocre path than for him to turn in a great season.
But that's the issue. If he finishes Top 10 in passer rating..say #10 and finishes with something like 25TD's to 12 INT's is that a great year? Does it prove Desbro's point? No, of course not, but you'd lose the bet. And regardless if Desbro is banned another crew of idiots will just pick up the torch and run with it.

Getting rid of Desbro won't cure the meatballs, in fact I've had Desbro on ignore for most of the last 2-3 years really so I don't have to come across his shit in most threads and there are still plenty of Cutler is the savior meatballs.

This entire exercise seems pointless. This bet only really serves to hurt the board by a good member(you) getting banned for some benchmarks that kind of suck. If Desbro gets banned the board doesn't really get much better...it just leaves more space for new meatball to yell.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
What's even more sad is how many views and replies this thread has got.

Well not so sad, but hilarious y'all get so worked up over this.

Still waiting on stat nerd bro's opinion; this may be awhile. We don't do deals! No deals!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
..This entire exercise seems pointless. This bet only really serves to hurt the board by a good member(you) getting banned for some benchmarks that kind of suck. If Desbro gets banned the board doesn't really get much better...it just leaves more space for new meatball to yell.

Let them have their fun. You think one member being banned or not banned is going to prevent someone else from posting? That is terrible logic.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let them have their fun. You think one member being banned or not banned is going to prevent someone else from posting? That is terrible logic.

No. In fact, I said the exact fucking opposite.

And regardless if Desbro is banned another crew of idiots will just pick up the torch and run with it.

Getting rid of Desbro won't cure the meatballs, in fact I've had Desbro on ignore for most of the last 2-3 years really so I don't have to come across his shit in most threads and there are still plenty of Cutler is the savior meatballs.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would cut off multiple toes if it prevented you from posting.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No. In fact, I said the exact fucking opposite.

You said "it just leaves more space for new meatball to yell." if Desbro gets banned.

No new person is going to magically see he is banned and then take over for him because of that. WTF is wrong with you?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said "it just leaves more space for new meatball to yell." if Desbro gets banned.

No new person is going to magically see he is banned and then take over for him because of that. WTF is wrong with you?

Holy shit you're fucking stupid.

I also said this:

Stop posting for the day. Thanks.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Y'all need to stop hating on 6 and realize he's one of best qbs in NFL.

Sorry the BEARS are pretty vocal about who's the guy moving forward AND they didn't even draft a QB again!