Bears 2013 Mock Draft Database / Draft Discussion

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jones and Cooper would start day one at G or even C, Warmack also would at G. Ertz would be the TE Greg Olsen was suppose to be and able to block.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jones and Cooper would start day one at G or even C, Warmack also would at G. Ertz would be the TE Greg Olsen was suppose to be and able to block.

We need linemen badly. It's past the point of even speaking about. With the holes we have you do need to place values on position, so we'll see what happens in round one.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could you go wrong trying to find somebody better than Davis?
this we could upgrade our te in the 7th rnd no problem theres no were to go but up from the worst

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ginger is a new swear word in my vocabulary. No offense , Gruden.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monk316
1st Round: Jonathan Cooper - OT - North Carolina
2nd Round: Alexander Ogletree - ILB - Georgia
4th Round: Stedman Bailey - WR - West Virginia
5th Round: Travis Kelce - TE Cincinati
6th Round: Dalton Freeman - C - Clemson

I really think we get an OT in free agency which will let us get Jonathan Cooper in the first. I'm hoping those two moves settle our left side. Lance Louis should be back at RG and let Webb, Carimi and Scott decide who gets the RT spot. Garza should be fine at Center for now.

Ogletree from the analysis was a safety prospect coming to college and moved to ILB. He's long and athletic. He broke his foot in the first game but still came back and had a ton of tackles.

Stedman Bailey is described as an accomplished route runner that made most of his plays on verticles and deep crossing patterns. He had a lot of touch downs and that is one thing we need more than anything. I thought about putting Jordan Matthews as our traditional Vanderbilt pick. He's a 6-3 205 receiver with really good hands and decent speed. Plus he's Jerry Rice's cousin. They are both thought of as 3-4 round picks so might be gone.

Things I liked about Kelce from reading up on him are he seems to be good at selling block and then separating to make a reception. He lined up in the slot or inline, can snatch the ball out of the air, and create after the catch. If he can do any of those things remotely well, he'll start.

I've read that Freeman is probably one of Clemsons most valuable players on offense but doesn't get a lot of hype. He gets the job done more often than not but will need to get stronger at the pro level.

Reactions: X

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tried to make that an easy copy and paste X. Hope it works out.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I tried to make that an easy copy and paste X. Hope it works out.

unfortunately, I can't copy/paste hyperlinks... :( ... but, I've not been including hyperlinks on anything other than the user for the CCS User mocks.

Well done, my friend. I'd be happy w/ a draft like that one! :hi5:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Monk316
1st Round: Jonathan Cooper - OT - North Carolina
2nd Round: Alexander Ogletree - ILB - Georgia
4th Round: Stedman Bailey - WR - West Virginia
5th Round: Travis Kelce - TE Cincinati
6th Round: Dalton Freeman - C - Clemson

I really think we get an OT in free agency which will let us get Jonathan Cooper in the first. I'm hoping those two moves settle our left side. Lance Louis should be back at RG and let Webb, Carimi and Scott decide who gets the RT spot. Garza should be fine at Center for now.

Ogletree from the analysis was a safety prospect coming to college and moved to ILB. He's long and athletic. He broke his foot in the first game but still came back and had a ton of tackles.

Stedman Bailey is described as an accomplished route runner that made most of his plays on verticles and deep crossing patterns. He had a lot of touch downs and that is one thing we need more than anything. I thought about putting Jordan Matthews as our traditional Vanderbilt pick. He's a 6-3 205 receiver with really good hands and decent speed. Plus he's Jerry Rice's cousin. They are both thought of as 3-4 round picks so might be gone.

Things I liked about Kelce from reading up on him are he seems to be good at selling block and then separating to make a reception. He lined up in the slot or inline, can snatch the ball out of the air, and create after the catch. If he can do any of those things remotely well, he'll start.

I've read that Freeman is probably one of Clemsons most valuable players on offense but doesn't get a lot of hype. He gets the job done more often than not but will need to get stronger at the pro level.

and....added. :D

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he likes to pick his favorites, and since he also has tyler in his mock he is going to leave this thread here.

tyler sucks penis. we got bigger needs than TE, and he is not worth a 1st rd

you're right, we should grab a WR w/ our first pick :elephant:

CanadianBears

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to really think that Te'o might fall to mid 1st round. I think Te'o is at the height of his popularity with ND surging; however, I believe that the excitement surrounding Te'o will dissipate a lot by the time April rolls around... Similar to how Matt Barkley is being mocked by many to go in the 2nd round, I believe he will go in the top 15...

Nick80

For those with interest on the O-line FA this coming offseason the Bills have signed Craig Urbik to a new 4 year deal worth about 12 million or so, so does that mean Levitre will be allowed to test the FA market. Just something for consideration.

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Free Agent Pick Ups:
Jared Cook, TE
Sebastian Vollmer, RT

Draft:
1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
4. Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky
5. Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky
6. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
7. James Wilson, G, Florida

Reactions: X

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
For those with interest on the O-line FA this coming offseason the Bills have signed Craig Urbik to a new 4 year deal worth about 12 million or so, so does that mean Levitre will be allowed to test the FA market. Just something for consideration.

bills still have 20-30 mill in space left, levitre is not going anywhere, he'll be franchised at the very least

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
Free Agent Pick Ups:
Jared Cook, TE
Sebastian Vollmer, RT

Draft:
1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
4. Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky
5. Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky
6. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
7. James Wilson, G, Florida

Wishful thinking but I dont see Fisher slipping all the way to our 2nd pick, most mocks have him in the 20s. One can dream however...