Bears aren't going to draft a rookie QB with Pace and Nagy's jobs on the line.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
After being stuck in the house for a year or more with little to no travel I guarantee you fans will pack NFL stadiums if allowed irrespective of how many games the teams they root for win ... so the owners know that

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Go see the press conferences again ....it was clearly mentioned that there was no win-loss number or playoff mandate .... all that the Bears owners wanted to see was the Bears going in a positive direction

LOL which is why they dont need to reach for a rookie just to get a rookie

It far more important for Nagys offense to show offensive growth and banking on a rookie to come into a offensive system that he admittedly says takes a few years and get this would be a fool hearty bet for someone in his position.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think their jobs safe thats why they won't reach for a rookie qb and would take one only if he falls to them and they feel he can play from day one .

The Bears hit on their top 3 picks last year and the best thing they can do to keep their jobs is continue to build upon that .

Have another great draft try and win a playoff game and head into 2022 in better cap position and on the hunt for your qb . I think they have already sold George on this and while they will try every thing they can to get a stud if hes not there they will be patient and play out the year .

LOL which is why they dont need to reach for a rookie just to get a rookie

It far more important for Nagys offense to show offensive growth and banking on a rookie to come into a offensive system that he admittedly says takes a few years and get this would be a fool hearty bet for someone in his position.
I think you're over-stressing a 1st Rd QB will start... That's not necessarily the case at all.

If Pace thinks a QB in reach in 1st Rd has excellent potential, they should get and develop him. That's the whole idea.

Pace has always covered that position (Trubisky) with a vet (like Glennon). He will this time. Foles already covers that; though I think Bears are in the market for better starter (than Foles appeared to be last year)... but also likely a short contract.

I'm not suggesting Pace should reach on a QB in the 1st. Just saying he most certainly doesn't have to start.

Last edited:

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I can easily see Pace getting a vet like Minshew or Fitz and also draft a young QB .... he tends to overcompensate when he sees a weakness to shore it up ... see TEs last year .... that way they start the vet and be competitive in games and start the rookie after week 9/10 and show some progress .... what Bears fans need to realize is that they need to manage their expectations.....everyone started believing they were superbowl bound after what they showed in 2018 ... turns out they are a middle of the road team that needs to improve in some key spots (OT play and QB on O and turnovers/sacks on D) to start becoming contenders again ..... but they are also not a dumpster fire like some fans want to believe ....