Bears cuts 8/31

greg23

Liked Posts:
I think Wilkerson sticks and Holtz better be gone.

I see no reason they couldn't do the following (assuming the back guy is a candidate to return later this year)

Keep the back guy on the 53
Cut Wilkerson
Put the back guy on the ir tomm opening a spot on the 53
Resign Wilkerson
Or better yet...sign someone else who's younger/ better than Wilkerson (there were 2-3 other cuts id rather have than him)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Eiselen is just too slow. Looks like he's got concrete shoes. Very little lateral ability.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is where I ask myself, what's going to change in 12 months?

He's a power lifter. Weight training isn't going to help him anymore. He doesn't need to get stronger. He's got the aptitude being a Yale guy. This is his 2nd camp, how much more technique improvement is going to make a difference?

He's on one of the worst & shallow o-lines in the league - what's going to change?

Great story. But I'm 85% sure he's not going to make it.
Don't really have any counterpoints, but hoping you're wrong. I'm thinking it's technique still, but hey, I'm an optimist.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So when talking about Arlington "Ham"bright and "Pig" Simmons, there's a good chance the Bears will cut out the pork in the locker room? :rimshot:
I am ok with it so long as His Offensive Genius (HOG) is gone by the end of the year too.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want to like Eiselen too. Great story.

But if you cannot dethrone Mustipher or take Bars or Hambright's spot...you're not going to make it here.

You could argue that the backup centers are Whitehair & Daniels, which makes it imperative he can play guard too.

So he cannot make the cut for backup guard?

I'll give him until next spring to make the team or it's never happening.

I'm pretty much there too. Honestly, I got the vibe of "who matters" when Olin was talking about how he helped Mustipher and Eiselen with their workouts over the last offseason, and he was gushing about Mustipher. Olin is not one for fake praise, and so him not mentioning Eiselen other than to say he was there told me pretty much what I needed to know...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No because we still have the guy who drafted them.
Touché, but since we still have to deal with him, I'm hopeful that Dazz Newsome can make it and be a contributor over those other bums.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i was also thinking about all the cut gems.
Uncut Gems": Here Are The Tweets And Memes To Look At After You See The Film

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eiselen is just too slow. Looks like he's got concrete shoes. Very little lateral ability.
That's my guess. He's just not quick enough for the NFL and never will be.

We desperately need guys who can contribute. Eiselen didn't improve enough to make the roster as a backup. So there's virtually ZERO chance he'll be a starter.

There's no reason to get emotionally attached to a UDFA guy because it'd be a great story.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why'd they cut Graham? He had that one play against third stringers where he deflected a poorly thrown ball......dude is a superstar in the making....

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Snowden flashed. I hope they can sign him to the PS or at least that he gets a shot with another team.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Isaiah Coulter has been cut (no link)

Also, keeping track now on a spreadsheet - as of now, Bears have it down to 62. 9 more to go.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Would be interesting if Trevathan and Graham were cut today.....