Bears cuts 8/31

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It also means we have good depth, having the bottom of your draft not being relied upon to be contributors right away is a good thing. Some will make it to the practice squad.
lol at this team being deep

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hate that Snowden and Newsome were cut. I don't like that at all. Who the hell is going to be their punt returner?
Just guys that they feel won't get put on other 53s. They have full intention of resigning them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I will not be providing links anymore because even when you do ppl still argue, but...

I was told this years draft was okay because Pace got the same number of picks as other teams, albeit they were 5th rounders and lower. It's okay to trade high picks because it doesn't matter what round you find starters in.

See how that didn't work?
Who the fuck used that logic??

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's pretty rare that rookie late round picks are picked up on waivers. Usually it's mostly vets who can come in and play right away. If some other team was really itching to draft Thomas Graham, enough to put him directly on their 53 from another team's camp, they probably would have.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Trufant is gone, we have Shelley, Vildor and Burns as potential starters with Johnson.

CB is a problem, gonna be lots of 3rd and longs given up this season.

Would have been nice to see what Trufant had left in his game.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kind of f'ed he was with family after his dad passed and he gets cut in the mean time.

Apparently did not show enough in camp leading up to that decision. Nobody is safe, PACE DOESN'T SLEEP

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trufant is gone, we have Shelley, Vildor and Burns as potential starters with Johnson.

CB is a problem, gonna be lots of 3rd and longs given up this season.

Would have been nice to see what Trufant had left in his game.
Trufant sucks lol ?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please make a trade for a competent CB.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's kind of a Cherry picked argument.

Pace has found starters in later rounds. He didn't happen to this year. That it didn't happen this year doesn't mean it hasn't happened or can't happen.

Especially when it's his track record.
It's not about finding guys in the 5th round - it's about counting on it to happen because you've traded so many 3rd rounders away.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Teams still use fullbacks as the Bears do, as an H-back. It allows the Bears to two back zone or gap running schemes. Their entire offense would have to change without someone to replace Holtz.
That would be an extra fantastic benefit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck used that logic??
I'm no longer providing links because even when you do it's not good enough. I'm not spending 10 minutes looking for two posts buried in thousands. CCS search is not Google.

It was said during a post draft argument with me.

In a nutshell...why I'm not linking

Angry guy: Show me ONE PERSON who thought that!

Me: Posts a link.

Angry Guy: Well that was just one guy and he's an idiot.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1 WR is on the roster for '22 and they still have glaring issues at CB and major question marks on the OL. Loving how deep this team is!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Kind of f'ed he was with family after his dad passed and he gets cut in the mean time.

Apparently did not show enough in camp leading up to that decision. Nobody is safe, PACE DOESN'T SLEEP
You can focus on the dad story but if you look at his body of work when he was with the lions he shouldn’t have been signed to begin with. Family trumps everything IMO but it’s not like we just cut a difference maker here.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wait....I was told I was crazy to suggest they would cut a draft pick like Graham (and Newsome) who've shown nothing in camp or pre-season.

How could this happen?

Glad the dumped Nall...prob a good sign for iggy for ST work and I'd expect either Nall and/or Pierce on the PS
Dazz Newsome

What?

Isn't it illegal to cut draft picks who show nothing?

Another PS guy